Bobstah's Equipment Socketing & Upgrade System v1.3.1 - Yanfly Integration & More!

Sazabot

BEEP BOOP
Reaction score
First Language
English
But if I could make a request, would it be possible to open up the Socketing menu through an event command, and remove it from the main-menu entirely? I want to have a hub area the player can do to reinforce their weapons instead of doing at any time.
There's a way to call any arbitrary scene (menu) via the Advanced -> Script option inside an event, IE Sir/Madam NPC. In your case:

SceneManager.push(Scene_SocketEx);You can do that for any number of things, including the socket menu, save prompts, equip screens, anything that's a scene. Yanfly's Main Menu Manager, and similar scripts, are useful for gaining full control over the menu and omitting/suppressing things like these. The script call list should give you some ideas on what kind of freedom you have.

@Bobstah: Related, since I happen to be using that exact call:

In the very specific situation where I add a party member to the party and do not do anything to load the character's face into memory before calling the scene, their face won't appear in the line with their equipment on the first (and only the first) load. When I flip socket inventories from Weapon to Armor, it magically draws on the new/subsequent inventories, and if there is a map transition between these two actions, it loads on the first try. When entered from the proper menu, this could never happen because faces are (normally) drawn there, so is something not happening when the scene is drawn?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
'Ello there! So, I'm running into a funky little bug every now and again. It's not big or game-breaking, but more on the graphical side.

Every once in a while when you go into your "Equip" menu, this happens:

It will show until you change scenes and then it will go away. The faces show up fine within the socket menu, but I don't think they're supposed to show up here.

Thank you for your time ^_^

Pern

Hello
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi Bobstah,

I'm trying my best to get this to work, using the help tab and looking through this thread. I think I'm just not getting it and wondering if you ever had the chance to make a demo of the system. Instead of me asking a trillion questions here, I can usually get the general idea by picking apart demos and what not.

Thank you, sorry to bother :]

Znikomek

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi, awesome plugin. I love it <3

It is possible to be compatible in future which PH - Warehouse/Storage plugin?

I mean it showing the slots while storing items and showing te gem tab.

I find a bug:

When gem is socketed into item it gives 1.25x agi parameter

Clipboard02.png

Pern

Hello
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi again,

I've got the plugin to work after some trial and error and it's going well. But I do have a question.

I have a gem that lowers the character's HP by 2% when equipped but the lowering of health doesn't take effect until the weapon it's socketed into is taken off and equipped back on. That is the only time I can see the HP change. Otherwise, if a character has a preexisting weapon currently equipped and finds/buys a gem with a lowering HP effect and puts that on, it doesn't lower the HP amount until the entire thing is inequipped and reequipped.

I believe this is a gem plugin related problem because any other vanilla item (like generic armor that gives half hp when worn) works like normal. Except with the gems.

If anyone could offer a suggestion that would help a lot. Thank you!

AlexanderWii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hello Bob, I noticed that your plugins goes into conflict with the Target Core yanfly, you can do something about it?

2016-02-28.png

Koru-chan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having the same issue someone else mentioned of "Cannot read property 'socketsEx' of undefined".  This happens when I have this addon active along with Yanfly's Core Engine, Item Core, Party System, and Auto Passive States.  It's only when all five are active.  Oddly, I can take ANY one of them out of the equation and the other four work fine.  But add any one of them as a fifth and suddenly some terrible voodoo occurs and the error shows itself.

EDIT: I'm also having an issue where I don't have an option to remove a gem from a socket visible.  What occurs is under my list of possible gems to socket, there is a blank space I can move my cursor into.  The blank cursor gives the help text "Test Text!" and does in fact remove the gem, but I was hoping for something more labeled.

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, thank you so much for providing this script! It's been a great addition to my game.

Today, I extended my amount of weapon types beyond the amount of 9. When using <SocketInfo WType: X>, I realized after some testing that any value beyond 9 is not being accepted, and the weapon types retain their standard socket formatting rather than my custom one. I wager it would be the same for <SocketInfo AType: X>.

I tried taking care of this myself, but regex is proving to be quite the challenge to read for someone without any knowledge in java, nevermind rewriting it.

If you, Bobstah, or any other person could provide a solution to this issue, I would be very grateful.

Bakusama

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I seem to have problem with configuring the plugin.

I did everything as it said but I cant see the Gems in the Sockets Equip Menu.

I see my weapon with the sockets Empty but i cant equip anything because there is no gem.

Even if I did <SocketEx> on a armor tag, it still not showing up?

SilverStarNeko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Will there be compatibility with Yanfly's limited skill plugin?

Btw great work

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
How do I remove the choice of weapons and armor ???

I wish they were displayed ONLY the weapons ... without having to choose their armor !!!

you can remove it ???

Andarc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Man I cant create a gem i am setting up everything. What i do wrong :S

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Would this plugin still be compatible with the current version of MV?

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How does this plugin work with Yanfly's weapon augments?

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this works great thank you. only issue is that when i save then turn off game other characters besides main character lose their equipped orbs

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey great plugin but can someone assist. Except for the main actor. When equipping other actors with materia/orbs etc they stay equipped until the game is closed. When reopened and loaded the orbs/materia are gone. This doesn't happen for the main however. Can someone help please thank you

Yoyoshi64

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry if this has been answered at some point, but I can't figure out how to be able to make the things able to teach skills by equipping them. I've read through the help section a few times, so I don't know if I missed it or something like that. I also have no idea how to make the things equippable.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:
Solovei wrote on caethyril's profile.
Hi, just wanted to say, thank you for helping me fix that event with the step count! I followed your example exactly and it works now:kaojoy:
still waiting for original character contest 3 bust/face dlc release :kaoluv:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxiee05