Bobstah's Weapon/Armor/Skill Types Extended & Skill/Item Groups - Bypass database type limits!

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Introduction

This plugin allows you to add and name skill, weapon, and armor types past the RPGMV limit of 99.

It also allows you to group Skills and Items. This functionality does nothing unless a plugin specifically utilizes it. It will not provide any benefit unless you're using a supporting plugin that needs it.

Features

• Expand the amount of weapon, armor, and skill types in your game with NO LIMIT!
  • Group Skills and Items by an arbitrary group name that supporting plugins can utilize!

How to Use

Add the plugin in your game and view the help information. It describes the notetags and how to use it.

Notetags - Types Extended

Actors - (We use an actor because there is no system notetag box :p )

To create new types, apply one of the following notetag to any actor.

<Skill TypesEx><Weapon TypesEx><Armor TypesEx>

ID: Name

</TypesEx>

It will then create enough empty types (if needed) to pad the space between the highest RPGMV type and the new one. For example, if your new type was ID 150, and you only had 10 types in your database, it would create an "Unknown" type for 11-149, then setting 150 to your new type's name.

Skills/Weapons/Armors

To set a skill, weapon, or armor to a new type, use the following notetag:

<TypesEx: ID>

Using the prior example where our new skill type was ID 150:

<TypesEx: 150>

This would set the Skill, Weapon, or Armor to be the new type.

Actors/Classes/Weapons/Armors/Items

To allow an actor, class, weapon, armor, or item to grant an extended skill type, weapon type, or armor type to an actor, use the following notetags:

<SkillTypesEx: +150>

<WeaponTypesEx: 151>

<ArmorTypesEx: 152>

A tag to grant an extended skill type can be prefixed with a plus or minus. If plus, the skill type will be added. If minus, it will be sealed. You cannot seal a weapon or armor type, so this option is ignored.

Notetags - Skill & Item Groups

Skills/Items

To group a skill or item with other skills or items, use the following notetag:

<SkillGroup: GroupName> <ItemGroup: GroupName>

Replace GroupName with the name you want to give the grouping.

Actors/Classes/Weapons/Armors/States/Items

<AddSkillGroup: GroupName> <AddItemGroup: GroupName>

This will add the skill or item group, similar to adding a skill type.

<SealItemGroup: GroupName> <SealSkillGroup: GroupName>

This will seal the skill or item group, similar to sealing a skill type.

Dependencies

None required, but if you want the actors to make use of the new weapon and armor types, you will need a plugin like Yanfly's Equip Core to make them accessible.

Compatibility

Place this plugin above any others that require the functionality to run. If it is not explicitly stated, this plugin can be placed below all others.

Plugin

Get it here - File name is CASE SENSITIVE: BOB_TypesEx.js

Changelog

1.0 (12/17/2015) - Initial release.

Legal

Free to use in commercial and non-commercial projects with credit. A free copy of the finished game would be nice, but is not required.

Credit and Thanks

- Bobstah 

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is a must have if you are using Type heavy plugins like the Sockets system, or plan to have an extensive late game progression with more than a hand full of classes (Or like me, have a very open ended class structure)... Being limited to 99 types (of all things) is one of those decisions that boggles the mind. Total lack of imagination thinking 99 would be enough.

For those confused as to why you would use something like this when you can't see any of it in the editor. Consider that socket assignments and details are all note tags anyway, and the 'types' used to categorize them are never needed, in the tool set, when using this plugin. You can have HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of different socket types now, and never interfere with the editor visible selection of 99. You can reserve them for real armor equips... etc...

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Already used this plugin to create over 300 new Armor types for Sockets. Likely going to be similar, but less, with Skill Types as the build progresses. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Im so happy that Dead By Daylight is getting a Silent Hill chapter! Cant wait to play as pyramid head
I'm glad I found those fishies by @whtdragon so I had a proper base to start pixeling the first enemies in the game.
Such cuties... yeah.
Yesterday, for my youngest sibling's birthday, we watched one of his favorite movies.
Ponyo is such a beautiful, but certainly strange, movie.
I just have to say that I prefer the majority of Studio Ghibli's works to those of Disney.
*sees work place in incoming call history* .... =www= hisssssSSSSSssss.
Please pop up a storm. Please pop up a storm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
figaro24