Bobstah's Weapon/Armor/State/Actor/Class Level Up Bonuses v1.1.1 - Combine with Sockets for Materia!

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Version Updated 12/17/2015 02:27 PM ET.

Introduction

Allows a multitude of bonuses to be given to actors (or taken from them!) upon leveling up based on the following critera:

• State applied to Actor
  • Actor is Class
  • Weapon/Armor is equipped
  • Actor themselves

You set the level up bonuses on the state, weapon, armor, class, or actor that rewards them.

Features

• Reward an actor with a stat or trait increase or decrease depending on class, equipment, or active state!
  • Have equipment, states, or classes give or take skills after a certain number of levels!
  • Upgrade or downgrade weapons after they have been worn for a certain number of levels!
  • Grant items, gold, stats, skills, and equipment every single level, every other level, every third level, etc!

How to Use
Add the plugin in your game and view the help information. It describes the notetags and all the crazy modifiers you can use. See the examples and neat examples section for more information.

Parameters

Max Level

The maximum level in your project. Used for determining how high repeating bonuses should go.

* Defaut - 99

Notetags

Actor/Class/Weapon/Armor/State
<LevelUp Bonus>    Level: State:+/-id, Item:+/-idXquantity, etc    Level: State:+/-id

Level: Item:+/-idXquantity    Level: Weapon:+/-idXquantity

Level: Armor:+/-idXquantity    Level: Gold:+/-amount

Level: atk:+5, def:-5, etc. Valid stat boosts are:           mhp,mmp,atk,def,mat,mdf,agi,luk

hit,eva,cri,cev,mev,mrf,cnt,hrg,mrg,trg           tgr,grd,rec,pha,mcr,tcr,pdr,mdr,fdr,exr

</LevelUp Bonus>

Level Options:

You can set level to be either a number or one of the followingspecial patterns:

0 - Bonus will be rewarded upon leveling up for the first time with the weapon/armor equipped, state applied, or being the class the bonus is attached to.

5 - Bonus will be rewarded upon reaching level 5.

+X - Grant this bonus every X level, starting at level 1 + x. If X is 2, then grant a bonus at level 3, 5, 7, 9, etc.

-X - Grant this bonus every X level, starting at level 0 + x. If X is 2, then grant a bonus at level 2, 4, 6, etc.

*X - Grant this bonus after an actor levels up X times while the bonus source (weapon, class, etc) is active.
ID Options:

You can set ID to be the ID of the bonus you want to reward. In the below example, we're applying the default 'Knockout' state:state: 1

If you want a bonus to only apply while the source (a class, state, weapon, or armor) is active on the actor, append your id with !, like so:

state: 1!

If you're giving an item, weapon, or armor, you can provide a quantity by adding Xquantity to the end of your id. In the below example, pretend we are adding this bonus to the 'Poisoned' state. We will reward the actor with 2 of the default dispel herb items (id:3) upon level up, but only if the actor is poisoned:

item:3!x2

Alternatively, use the following setting to execute javascript:

$(codeHere;)

The code is executed when the actor learns the bonus. A recurring bonus will be executed every applicable time. Whatever code is executed will need to return the following based on the bonus type:

state: $(codeHere;) - Needs to return a state ID.

skill: $(codeHere;) - Needs to return a skill ID.

atk: $(codeHere;) - Needs to return a number to add to the stat.

(This can be used with any stat bonus)

gold: $(codeHere;) - Needs to return a number to add to the

party's gold.

item: $(codeHere;) - Needs to return an item ID.

weapon: $(codeHere;) - Needs to return a weapon ID.

armor: $(codeHere;) - Needs to return an armor ID.

The exclusivity (!) and quantity (x) rules apply to eval as well.

If you are evaling for an item ID, you would use quantity like so:

item:$(codeHere;)x5

If you want a stat gain you are evaling to only be applied

while the source is active, you would do this:

mhp: $(codeHere;)!

Finally, let's combine the two:

item: $(codeHere)!x5

Plugin
Get it here - File name is CASE SENSITIVE: BOB_LevelUpBonuses.js

Dependencies
None

FAQ

1. How do I use this plugin?

Read the plugin help and ask any questions here.

Changelog

1.1.1 (12/17/2015) - Fixed a crash bug that could occur when all equipment was forcibly removed from an actor.

1.1 (11/19/2015) - Added support for Bobstah's Equipment Sockets, items socketed can grant level up bonuses from this plugin.

1.0.5 (11/07/2015) - Fixed a bug with Eval sometimes not referencing the bonus applier (weapon, armor, state, class, actor). Also removed functionality that was ported to a separate plugin. (Custom Stats)

1.0.4 (11/02/2015) - Fixed a bug with level parsing that would cause double-digit levels to not function as expected.

1.0.3 (11/02/2015) - Fixed a bug that would cause a game crash when validating existing level up bonuses upon level up. Changed the Eval symbol from @ to $ to fix a bug where the help file was being cut off.

1.0.2 (10/31/2015) - Ported CustomStat functionality out of this plugin into my Custom Stats plugin.

1.0.1 (10/31/2015) - Fixed a bug that caused compatibility issues with many plugins that modified how states function.

1.0 (10/30/2015) - Initial release.

Legal

Free to use in commercial and non-commercial projects with credit. A free copy of the finished game would be nice, but is not required.

Credit and Thanks
- Bobstah

Last edited by a moderator:

Sera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I can definitely think of some interesting uses for this. Nice work.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I can definitely think of some interesting uses for this. Nice work.
Glad it's useful! Can you think of anything else you'd like to see the plugin do?

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Version 1.0.1 is now available!

I fixed a bug that was preventing other state plugins from functioning properly when using the Level Up Bonuses plugin.

lohenien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
<LevelUp Bonus>+2:item:6,1+4:item:7,1+9:pdr:1+9:mdr:1+19:cri:1+19:eva:1</LevelUp Bonuses>This is in my class note tag and then I level up to 20 but get none of these bonuses. What is incorrect?

IMO, we could use more examples to see correct notation.

*edit* I change </LevelUp Bonuses> to </LevelUp Bonus> and then it crashes at level up saying something about type is undefined. My current tag looks like this

Code:
<LevelUp Bonus>+2:Item:6x1+4:Item:7x1+9:pdr:1+9:mdr:1+19:cri:1+19:eva:1</LevelUp Bonus>

lohenien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
<LevelUp Bonus>+2:item:6,1+4:item:7,1+9:pdr:1+9:mdr:1+19:cri:1+19:eva:1</LevelUp Bonuses>This is in my class note tag and then I level up to 20 but get none of these bonuses. What is incorrect?

*edit* I change </LevelUp Bonuses> to </LevelUp Bonus> and then it crashes at level up saying something about type is undefined. My current tag looks like this

<LevelUp Bonus>+2:Item:6x1+4:Item:7x1+9:pdr:-1+9:mdr:-1+19:cri:+1+19:eva:+1</LevelUp Bonus>It appears that the issue at the moment is the additional stat types (pdr,mdr,cri,eva). If I remove those then it works fine. Somehow the processing for extra stat types is not working. This also fails using normal stats like atk or def.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

<LevelUp Bonus>+2:Item:6x1+4:Item:7x1+9:pdr:-1+9:mdr:-1+19:cri:+1+19:eva:+1</LevelUp Bonus>It appears that the issue at the moment is the additional stat types (pdr,mdr,cri,eva). If I remove those then it works fine. Somehow the processing for extra stat types is not working. This also fails using normal stats like atk or def.
I'll look into this first thing in the morning. Thank you for providing such thorough information. It'll make fixing this issue much easier. :)

lohenien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Your help file also cuts off about half way through when you star talking about java script examples.

*edit*

I'm not in rpgMV at the moment but I have the notetag in a class instead of the actor, perhaps that is why the actor based stats are failing ?

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Version 1.0.3 is now available! Download

It appears that the issue at the moment is the additional stat types (pdr,mdr,cri,eva). If I remove those then it works fine. Somehow the processing for extra stat types is not working. This also fails using normal stats like atk or def.

Your help file also cuts off about half way through when you star talking about java script examples.

*edit*

I'm not in rpgMV at the moment but I have the notetag in a class instead of the actor, perhaps that is why the actor based stats are failing ?
I released version 1.0.3 while drinking my morning coffee :)

The issue with the help file was due to my eval setting using a @. Eval now uses a $ instead, and the full help file can be read. It talks about more specific examples that may be useful to you. :)

This version fixes the issues you were having, but I'd like to know if you intended for the actor to gain 1% crit and 1% evade every 19 levels, or if you wanted that to happen just at level 20 and were unsure of how to accomplish that.

I've updated the original post to show how to grant a bonus at a specific level, as I noticed it was missing. For your reference:

5: gold:50

That will give the party 50 gold when the actor hits level 5. You do not need to add a + sign in front of it unless you want that bonus to be granted every 5 levels, starting at level 1. (So, level 6, 11, 16, etc) The minus symbol before a level starts the same counting at level 0, so -5: gold:50 would be 5, 10, 15, etc.

lohenien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Actually I intended to give crit and evade every 20 levels so you'd get 5% crit and evade by reaching 99. The result should be 10% crit and 10% evade at 99 (base being 5% to start) but there is a bug that causes it to only evaluate the 1st digit of a double digit level bonus (10 or 19 is only 1, 20 or 29 is only 2 etc).

kiddeath95

Lead Trainie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Would I be able to apply some of these effects after the actor has reached a certain level with a specified armor attached?

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Actually I intended to give crit and evade every 20 levels so you'd get 5% crit and evade by reaching 99. The result should be 10% crit and 10% evade at 99 (base being 5% to start) but there is a bug that causes it to only evaluate the 1st digit of a double digit level bonus (10 or 19 is only 1, 20 or 29 is only 2 etc).
Can you clarify if you mean the level is bugged (i.e. level 10 or 19 is level 1) or if the stat bonus is bugged (i.e. 10 crit becomes 1, etc)? Just a reminder, Crit and Evade are percentage-based stats, so your bonuses (say, 1) are multiplied by 0.01 before being added to the total.

Would I be able to apply some of these effects after the actor has reached a certain level with a specified armor attached?
Add the bonus onto the armor. Let's say you want +5 def after the actor reaches level 6 with specific armor attached:

6: def:6

What if you want them to gain the bonus after wearing the armor for 6 levels, regardless of their current level?

*6:def:6

What if you want the bonus to disappear if they take the armor off using the above example?

*6:def:6!

Does this answer your question? :)

lohenien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Can you clarify if you mean the level is bugged (i.e. level 10 or 19 is level 1) or if the stat bonus is bugged (i.e. 10 crit becomes 1, etc)? Just a reminder, Crit and Evade are percentage-based stats, so your bonuses (say, 1) are multiplied by 0.01 before being added to the total.
I tested the same code with gold (+19:gold:+1) and got 1 gold after leveling to 99 instead of the expected 4. The level parsing is bugged and only accepts one digit instead of 2 or more digits.

As for the percentage based modifiers I'll run another test to see if it adds up the way it should and get back to you.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Version 1.0.4 is now available, fixing a bug with level parsing! Download

I tested the same code with gold (+19:gold:+1) and got 1 gold after leveling to 99 instead of the expected 4. The level parsing is bugged and only accepts one digit instead of 2 or more digits.

As for the percentage based modifiers I'll run another test to see if it adds up the way it should and get back to you.
I found this problem and corrected it. In my test with +19:gold:1, I received one gold at level 1, 20, 39, 58, 77, and 96. Thank you for describing the issue so precisely. It enabled me to fix the problem quickly. :)

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Version 1.0.5 is now available! Fixed a bug with the eval feature and removed unused code! Download

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updated this post at the request of anonymous with examples on how to use the -X and +X level modifiers.

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Dude, the link in your last post leads to the 1.05 version, and the link in your first post leads to a missing file.

Bobstah

Pluginstah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Dude, the link in your last post leads to the 1.05 version, and the link in your first post leads to a missing file.
The version in the last post was correct, I just forgot to update the version number at the top.

I've updated the link in the OP, can you please try again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!
Stream will be live shortly! I am going to be playing some Among Us! Feel free to drop by!
Ami
tv program always get the ratings (it's the reason why drama series has 1000+ episode),also full and nonsense of censorship (weird blur, a scene getting cut because the unconvenient viewer,but it unconvenient to me either. you never see what the original is)

i know the reason is to take cover the viewer from the negative thing,but i just laughing and mocking of them that they're always suck :guffaw:
Star Chart Idea - Just something I am working on.
My sister learned spanish the old fashioned way and saw my way of conjugating. I don't use the formal method and just wing it. I thought her heart might explode. Apparently, different words use different endings. Weird part is even though I never learned the difference, I still can tell when the endings "look wrong".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
impfenden