Camelslayer

Hates All of Camelkind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was looking through the Tag Manager to see if there was any way to do this, however I didn't find anything. Nor did I after a while of searching. So, figured I'd ask here.

General Idea

Simple- many games feature weapons that deal bonus damage versus certain enemy types. For example, a silver sword might do bonus damage versus undead. This is simply what I'm looking to replicate.

If there's a script that does this, I'd much appreciate it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
use elements

Make an element "Silver", give the selected enemies a weakness against that element and have the silver weapons using the attack element "silver".

no need for scripts at all, just database work.

ArchaicSpoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
use elements

Make an element "Silver", give the selected enemies a weakness against that element and have the silver weapons using the attack element "silver".

no need for scripts at all, just database work.
Won't you technically need a script in order to make racial bonuses work with elements? IIRC elemental weakness/advantages do not stack and the battle will just take the stronger element, which will kind of limit the element+racial bonus combinations in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Won't you technically need a script in order to make racial bonuses work with elements? IIRC elemental weakness/advantages do not stack and the battle will just take the stronger element, which will kind of limit the element+racial bonus combinations in the game.
1) The OP used the word "racial bonus", but the description how the bonus was intended to be used is like the classical element function.
2) If there is an intention to create "races" as a form of actor selection, then most probably scripts would be needed - but not for "enemy"-races, those would only require getting the features correct in the database

3) The element is determined by the weapon/skill/attack, not by weaknesses. And actors and enemies can have multiple weaknesses without problems (and yes, if they're of the same element then they will stack). If he wants a weapon (or a skill) to have multiple "elements", then again a script would be needed - but in that context a "race" would make even less sense because a weapon cannot be half of a race.

So I think the OP just used the word "race" in a different context but wanted something like the elements for weaknesses. If the intention was something different, then he/she needs to be more precise with the description.

Camelslayer

Hates All of Camelkind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The reason I wanted to avoid making a bunch of new elements is to avoid having a bajillion different elements going on.

And a detail I'll edit in in a little bit, I have a script that combines elemental damage multiplicatively; adding in a 100% for anything NOT of that race will completely muff that up. Which is certainly something that skipped my mind and I should have put that in, my bad. I'll edit that in later, however now I don't exactly have the time.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
adding in a 100% for anything NOT of that race will completely muff that up.
No need for that, 100% is the default if no weakness or resistance is selected.
You do NOT need to include the element features in any enemy/actor, you only need to include them where they are different from 100%.

But yes, if you don't want to use elements, then you need scripts for this.

you might want to check this script - it has some other disadvantages, but it might be workable for you:

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/7473-est-race-traits/

Camelslayer

Hates All of Camelkind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No need for that, 100% is the default if no weakness or resistance is selected.

You do NOT need to include the element features in any enemy/actor, you only need to include them where they are different from 100%.

But yes, if you don't want to use elements, then you need scripts for this.

you might want to check this script - it has some other disadvantages, but it might be workable for you:

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/7473-est-race-traits/
Yeah I actually said "Wait a minute..." after I posted that and made sure; of course, turns out it did nothing.

But, using Mr. Bubble's TMI Item Scene, which will display weapon elements. As long as I can work around that, using Anti-Race elements would work.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Dog saliva is an antiseptic.
NghNgE9.gif
Oh man. IGMC's finally back. I really want to participate, but I'm not sure if I have the time.
It is DC's turn to be celebrating her leveling up and starts her 20th year. We were many to think she wouldn't live that long. Starts your cats motors and make 'em purr!
why_hello_mira.jpg

I made myself a cult leader, and a concept scene for him as well. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88betfun