Boost user when affected by state

Dcraft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
What I am trying to do is a passive skill which when the user is affected by x state increases one of its parameters. I'm pretty sure it can be done with some yanfly engines but I do not know how to put them all together and make it work, in any case I hope to read any kind of help.

*Edit: To give an example, in pokemon exist these abilities "guts" and "marvel scale".

Guts raises the ability-bearer's Attack by 50% when inflicted by a major status ailment (poison, burn, paralysis, freeze or sleep).

Marvel Scale raises the ability-bearer's Defense by 50% when inflicted by a major status ailment (poison, burn, paralysis, freeze or sleep).

Last edited:

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you mind clarifying your question a bit? Do you mean you want a passive ability that will increase stats when a certain state is applied?

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
if by parameters you mean HP/MP/ATK/MAT/DEF/MDF/AGI/LUK, that's done directly, as it has been done for years, through the default state system.

if you mean custom stats from a plugin, you'll have to modify the state object to read note tags.

Dcraft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Do you mind clarifying your question a bit? Do you mean you want a passive ability that will increase stats when a certain state is applied?
Exactly that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GameDevJohn