Boost user when affected by state

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Dcraft, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Dcraft

Dcraft Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    What I am trying to do is a passive skill which when the user is affected by x state increases one of its parameters. I'm pretty sure it can be done with some yanfly engines but I do not know how to put them all together and make it work, in any case I hope to read any kind of help.

*Edit: To give an example, in pokemon exist these abilities "guts" and "marvel scale".

Guts raises the ability-bearer's Attack by 50% when inflicted by a major status ailment (poison, burn, paralysis, freeze or sleep).

Marvel Scale raises the ability-bearer's Defense by 50% when inflicted by a major status ailment (poison, burn, paralysis, freeze or sleep).

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  2. Uzuki

Uzuki Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do you mind clarifying your question a bit? Do you mean you want a passive ability that will increase stats when a certain state is applied?

3. gstv87

gstv87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    if by parameters you mean HP/MP/ATK/MAT/DEF/MDF/AGI/LUK, that's done directly, as it has been done for years, through the default state system.

if you mean custom stats from a plugin, you'll have to modify the state object to read note tags.

4. Dcraft

Dcraft Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Exactly that