Born of the Eclipse (RPG / Collectible Card Game hybrid)

Rhaeami

The Sleepy-Eyed One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Title.png

Game Info
Title: Born of the Eclipse
Version: 1.0
Engine: RPG Maker VX Ace
Price: $5.00

STORY

When the Eclipse arrived, the world was changed forever

People no longer possess emotions, instincts, or feelings of any kind. Instead, these lost "fragments" of humanity appear as monstrous beings under the light of the eclipsed sun. Those who are left now live in the shadows, each community struggling to find its own reason to carry on.

Now, the world must find a way to change, once again

When a girl named Lucid stumbles across an assortment of strange cards - relics of lost technology from the old world - she gains the ability to reclaim both fragments and the magic that they possess.
Bewildered by powers and sensations she has never before experienced, she sets out to uncover the mystery of the fragments, track down others who wield them, and find a way to fix her dying world born of the Eclipse.

GAMEPLAY

Capture your enemies as cards, and use them

Born of the Eclipse uses a hybrid of classic RPG turn-based battles with elements of collectible card games. Build a deck of cards, acquired by capturing any of the 100 fragments found throughout the world. By releasing these cards, you can use their unique abilities to deal with whatever stands in your way, and ultimately add those foes to your collection.
Fragments will only appear in the sunlight, so use the shadows to avoid confrontation or venture out to find new cards.

Master the forgotten forces of the human heart

Each card represents a lost piece of humanity, from joy and sorrow to hunger and pain. Broken into four categories - be they born from instinct, emotion, spirit, or will - you will need to take advantage of how your powers match up against your opponent's, constantly using new cards and attacks with the flow of battle.

SS3.png
SS4.png
SS2.png
SS1.png
SS5.png
SS6.png
SS7.png

Buy on itch.io ($5)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ignore that post, I found your price after all (I deleted my post so it doesn't confuse you too). I might suggest putting the price by the buy link too?

Rhaeami

The Sleepy-Eyed One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Updated as requested.

ravenhood

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It seems a lot of effort poured into this game, it gave me a nice impression on the first sight but the battle system while look unique, it feel lack of polished, a lots thing can be done & improved here :)
Congratulation on released your game!

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The mapping looks nice, good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Inspired by @fluffymonster 's Cute Ghost
His name is POKO!
I made a giant tree + treehouse for the next country woods pack \o\
Calculated my tax refund - CHEERS
Looked at my student debt - cries
Still, might be just enough left over to pay for my new computer, which would be awesome!
And my student debt will be fully paid, which is also pretty nice.
They say nice guys finish last. But mean guys don't finish at all!
I keep forgetting how much I hate how VX-MV implements fences and autotile tables.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeziaG96