Boss Battle Build Bout! Sep 13th-Oct 4th!

d3j4-v00d00

do that voodoo
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can we start building/balancing the classes as soon as the votes clear, or do we need to wait for the official development window on September 16th?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can we start building/balancing the classes as soon as the votes clear, or do we need to wait for the official development window on September 16th?
Honestly, can't really stop you from getting started early if you want. I feel like since until all the characters are set you can't get too far ahead though.

Froggo32

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In each reality, a group of four heroes, slightly different, but in many ways the same, rise to battle the fearsome Dragon.
Do we have to make heroes very similiar? I dont think I understand this part...
EDIT: Also the prize for participation is 5$ for deica, but what if Im not from countries that use this currency? Do I still et prize in $?

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
In each reality, a group of four heroes, slightly different, but in many ways the same, rise to battle the fearsome Dragon.
Do we have to make heroes very similiar? I dont think I understand this part...
It's because of this rule:
  • Your first 3 heroes must be the classes determined by the hero polls. Your 4th hero can be any class you want. How you interpret these classes' abilities is up to you.
Basically every game submitted will have the same three classes, so the heroes "will be slightly different, but in many ways the same"
EDIT: Also the prize for participation is 5$ for deica, but what if Im not from countries that use this currency? Do I still et prize in $?
It's a coupon code for the Degica store where the currency is in dollars.

Percarus

The Normal One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! Is the template for MV already posted? Or is MV not allowed to participate after all?

DawnStar

Star of Hope
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm so very much looking forward to this!

HelasRoas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So if I don't use plugins and just go with the default system but make it event based to do some cool stuff, is it going to be looked down as it is the base combat system - As in If I don't use like Visual Hp gauges will it be looked down on as it just has the sprites.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So if I don't use plugins and just go with the default system but make it event based to do some cool stuff, is it going to be looked down as it is the base combat system - As in If I don't use like Visual Hp gauges will it be looked down on as it just has the sprites.
I think there is a ton of cool and clever stuff that can be done with zero plugins, personally.

BeanCanDev

Can of Beans
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can text be used if I make a special timer that tracks how long you took to beat the boss?

HelasRoas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
  • Only one qualifying entry per person is allowed. - Does this mean as one person on the forums can a team work on this game jam
Also Is there any resoultion that it has to be in I was going to do 720p for the side view I see the template is using front view system figure we can change it as well.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
  • Only one qualifying entry per person is allowed. - Does this mean as one person on the forums can a team work on this game jam
Also Is there any resoultion that it has to be in I was going to do 720p for the side view I see the template is using front view system figure we can change it as well.
Any view is fine, I just had to set it to something for the template.

If you want to work as a team, you can, I'm only counting whoever submits it though for "one entry per person", and also for awarding the prizes.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm entering! I'm even having a friend help me create sprites for the battlers. Mine's actually going to be a side-view, is that ok?

HelasRoas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can we use text for events like 3 turns left before dragon attacks

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can we use text for events like 3 turns left before dragon attacks

Yes, those kinds of text are fine. The only thing that is disallowed is dialogue and tutorial text. Indicator text for patterns and such is not a problem.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a question about the classes. So how much wiggle room do we have for flavoring the classes? Say I want to do a modern day setting for the dragon fight, is it ok if I have the Priest represents the Holy Champion and I go off from there? Or does it have to be hard core, sword & sorcery, fantasy class? Also I was a bit confused about the what a Witch class is suppose to be exactly? The twitter poll had Wizard and Witch as options but I wasn't exactly sure what the difference between the two are. Like in most mainstream fantasy media the only difference is that they're gender exclusive for whatever reason. So I wasn't sure if the poll creator had a different idea of the what the classes are or we were just voting for guy mage/girl mage.

PS. Sorry to add on, but currently the twitter poll isn't visible on twitter.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have a question about the classes. So how much wiggle room do we have for flavoring the classes? Say I want to do a modern day setting for the dragon fight, is it ok if I have the Priest represents the Holy Champion and I go off from there? Or does it have to be hard core, sword & sorcery, fantasy class? Also I was a bit confused about the what a Witch class is suppose to be exactly? The twitter poll had Wizard and Witch as options but I wasn't exactly sure what the difference between the two are. Like in most mainstream fantasy media the only difference is that they're gender exclusive for whatever reason. So I wasn't sure if the poll creator had a different idea of the what the classes are or we were just voting for guy mage/girl mage.

PS. Sorry to add on, but currently the twitter poll isn't visible on twitter.

There is something super weird going on with the poll. I can see it when I am not logged in, but can't see it while logged in. People are somehow voting in it though, so it may be account specific.

As for the other parts: As long as the classes are named what they are named and it makes sense it's all good. A modern priest being a Holy Champion makes sense.. though I'd probably still give him some kind of physical presence and not just a holy caster.

On the subject of Wizard and Witch: eh, you can interpret it as you will, but personally, I wouldn't consider that the divide between the two. There can be female wizards and male witches.

The difference to me is Wizards study magic in a kind of scientific way. Witches do magic through kind of a more "folk" way.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm just so close to replacing LUK with a different stat, maybe DEX but we'll see.
Slapped together a title screen and working on some dungeon clutter + portraits for Dubhghaill and Einar. Usual CW for minor body horror wrt Einar
QVLJIgD.png

OaPcYUy.png

r55FiUJ.png

EIgO94y.png
cT1V4nb.png
>studying for months for an exam
>does exam
>waits 3 months for the results to come out
>me trying to login, incorrect password
>I get recovery password
>me trying to login, incorrect password

What the heck. As a son of a Karen, I'm going to file a few complaints.
Apparently Amazon Prime users get free Genshin Impact stuff like primogems and whatnot every month, but I'm not sure I ever want to fall into the abyss of F2P ever again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kostec