Boss Battle Build Bout! Sep 13th-Oct 4th!

D.L. Yomegami

Sanely Insane
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
On the subject of class flavoring: is it okay to give the characters names, or should we just call them their classes?

Azdan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is using battlecries okay?

Froggo32

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do I use template? When I try to open it, it says "cant read actors.json''
EDIT: Also can I interpret the roles in different way? The witch class - do they have to use magic? Or can they be titled, lets say, "witch of science", a character who uses science moves?

Last edited:

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, just to make sure, the judging will be based purely on gameplay factors, not on the presentation (animations, music etc)?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's very borderline, but let's leave them out.
So I figured something I planned on doing was fine, but after reading this, I feel the need to ask. Can I have abilities with names like this? Or is this also too borderline?

1631836623358.png

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is using battlecries okay?
So I figured something I planned on doing was fine, but after reading this, I feel the need to ask. Can I have abilities with names like this? Or is this also too borderline?

On thinking about it, battlecries are probably fine, as long as it doesn't get excessive, and isn't being used to circumvent the no dialogue rules.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay one last question. Are we allowed to edit the obsidian dragon's graphic at all? At the very least, it's a bit too big, but also, it's pretty dark (in a way that loses a lot of detail. Just figured I'd ask before actually doing.

mooglerampage

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay one last question. Are we allowed to edit the obsidian dragon's graphic at all? At the very least, it's a bit too big, but also, it's pretty dark (in a way that loses a lot of detail. Just figured I'd ask before actually doing.
Thanks Aesica, I popped in to ask that very question!
I'd like to make minor edits to the sprite so its style fits my battlers and other graphical elements, but it will fundamentally match the provided boss sprite.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Edits are fine as long as it is still recognizably the same battler.

Also as far as size: For smaller you can make it from what you have, but if anyone needs something bigger, tag me with the size you want.

oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy I wouldn't mind a version at 1.5 scale, so around 732*605 or thereabouts.

Froggo32

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: Also can I interpret the roles in different way? The witch class - do they have to use magic? Or can they be titled, lets say, "witch of science", a character who uses science moves?

I will ask again, since my question seems to be lost in later comments

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Which template are you using (MV or MZ) and how are you trying to open it.

Also, have you tried deleting and redownloading? It is possible that something got corrupted in download. I just tested the MZ template and it works.

As for interpretation of classes: You can interpret it how you want, but keep in mind that people judging and people voting might ding you a bit if your interpretation seems like a massive stretch from the class name.

Froggo32

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im usin MV template. I just cliked on it and chose to open it by RP Maker MV. By it I mean de template file.

LyonBuster

GAN's Professor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What about post-battle dialogues? For example, what the hell happen to the obsidian dragon and characters after the battle????
Or is only focalised to the battle itself? This is what it seems though...

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Redownload.
Extract to a folder.
If it still error shows us a video.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What about post-battle dialogues? For example, what the hell happen to the obsidian dragon and characters after the battle????
Or is only focalised to the battle itself? This is what it seems though...
From what I can tell, it's absolutely no plot/dialog whatsoever because they just want to see battle mechanics.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!
Hi everyone! Here's what I'm working on today! It's one of the dorms on campus. I know I said I wouldn't use assets but I reused a few things from the cafeteria hehe.
FCuxBOMXMAICK5e
I added a little squish effect when characters change direction to try and make things a bit more lively. Though it's a bit hard to see on the fast moving guys.
2f4fiuy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clique