Boss Battle Music start in the cutscene

Peva

Don't overwhelm yourself. Set small goals.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, so I have a simple problem. I want the boss battle music to start during the cutscene before the boss battle starts and to continue into the boss battle, and stop after the battle is done. I've tried a few things and here's the problems I've run into.

1. Start playing it before the battle as well as changing the battle theme to the new music.
Problem: It restarts once the battle start instead of continuing on and it also keeps playing after the battle is done

2. Start playing it before the battle and change the battle music to nothing.
Problem: Music doesn't play during battle for obvious reasons

Is there any way anyone knows how to do this without a plugin? I can do an event at the end of the battle (when boss enemy is at 0% hp) that stops the music as long as I can get the music to transition normally during the scene.

Any ideas? And thanks in advance

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've had no issue with method 1, as unless they are two different tracks in the editor it keeps on playing the music in the cutscene if the battle music is the same (though you do need to add a play BGM none after the battle to stop the music else it will think to keep going as that is what you told it to do). So I'd check one of the two:

1) See if you have a plug-in interfering somewhere.

2) Make sure they are the *exact* same track. Even a difference of 5 in the pitch will cause it to start over. So the pitch and everything must be precisely the same for both.

Peva

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so I've gotten it to work for the most part, but the music still plays in the battle results screen. I have a tab on the troop screen that says when enemy HP <= 0%, change battle BGM: None. I've also tried just settle play BGM: None and that doesn't work either.

This still happens when every plugin is disabled, so I must be missing something...

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Use play BGM none in the scene after the fight ends. That is how it is done, not in a troop event, as usually <= 0% HP events never run for the last enemy as the enemy is dead already so the event is not checked.

Peva

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I did that and the music is still playing in the results screen.

So here's basically how I have it set out.

Play BGM: Boss Battle (90, 100, 0)
(Text)
Change Battle BGM: Boss Battle (90, 100, 0)
(Text)
Battle Processing
Play BGM: None

Music still plays in the results screen. There are no additional events in the troop screen.

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That is because the results screen plays the map music by default. You'd need a plug-in to stop that from happening.

Peva

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dang! That's what I was afraid of. There's no way to stop the music from laying with an event in the troop battle screen. I guess I'll make a plugin request. Thank you!

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Do you have an aftermath plugin? It usually would let you choose the BGM.

Else.. if you want none on the usual map after the boss fight, you could set a switch at 0% HP of the enemy and run a parallel (or autorun) common event with the switch as pre-requisite. In that event "play bgm: none" and then turn the switch off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Either I just had one of those dreams where you think you're awake, or I have time traveled. I woke up at 6:58am this morning, heard my father leaving for work, laid back down, now its 1:16am.
So the overhaul on my project has been going great, I like this version of the project a lot more. It's more contained and less overly ambitious for what I can achieve given my constraints on time, money, and skills in advanced programming. I'm going to wait till my project is mostly finished to begin working UI polish again. I'm going to learn how to use LUNA MV to polish the project.
last time i used this site i was a different gender.. wow rlly makes u think... anyway transing ur gender is pretty cool and theres hair growing on my feet now 10/10
I should have listened to RPGMAKER Meme thread. I should have backed up my data. The Orphan of Time, my WIP, is completely gone, all those hours of work are completely gone :(
God what was my life before smartphones (I had a grandma's phone before wednesday)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TEKILAO