Status
Not open for further replies.

Magius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I keep trying to change the music for my boss battle but it keeps playing the regular battle music. I've tried changing the battle music in the troops section of the database menu and changing it in the event editor and it still plays the same music. what am i doing wrong?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Page 3 of events -> system settings -> Change battle BGM. Use that in the event before the boss battle event is called. If that is not working, please post screenshots of your events.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The event command "change battle BGM" sets the music for battles on that map. You need to use that before the battle because once the battlescreen is loaded, that command will not have any effect as it only changes the value in map properties.

In the event that calls the boss fight, use change battle bgm before the battle processing, and change back after it.

Magius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Page 3 of events -> system settings -> Change battle BGM. Use that in the event before the boss battle event is called. If that is not working, please post screenshots of your events.

I tried and it's still not working

Untitled.png

Magius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The event command "change battle BGM" sets the music for battles on that map. You need to use that before the battle because once the battlescreen is loaded, that command will not have any effect as it only changes the value in map properties.

In the event that calls the boss fight, use change battle bgm before the battle processing, and change back after it.

Ok, I got it now, thanks so much. I feel silly

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Call it in the event that calls the boss, not in the troop event. The order should go:

Change Boss BGM

Battle Processing

If that is not working please post the screenshot of the event that you call the boss battle music in, not the troop events. Troop events don't work for changing the boss music from my experience.

Edit: Looks like you ninja'd me. Glad it is working now.

Last edited by a moderator:

coffeeplayz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
i have the same problem

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

@coffeeplayz Welcome to the forums. Please do not bump help topics that are over ~30 days old (this one is over 4 YEARS old!!) - it will put it on the top of our boards and people will think the question is new.

If you are having the same problem as someone from another topic, the best thing to do is to create a new thread and link to that topic. However, in this case, @bgillisp already explained the answer in this topic - just do it exactly like he said, and your problem should be solved!

Closing this topic to prevent confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i want to make videogame, though i am burned out on games with RPG elements, but the only gamedev tool i know how to use is rpg maker. :/
Rakon wrote on xizorandy's profile.
Hello! I found a post of lightning strike pictures you posted. You said you made them, am I allowed to use them in my commercial project. Would be really cool!^^
evhht2zr.png

Have a nice day!
It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoomerSentai