Boss Battle

Parlu10

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering how to make some features in Rpg Maker Mv for a boss battle.
1) Is it possible to make an enemy do anything? (In his turns he will just skip the turn)
2) It is possible to make an enemy not moving during an attack? By default the enemies move forward before performing an attack
3) Is it possible to make an enemy use a resurrect skill when both his allies dies? And how?

Thanks in advance for your attention!

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
  1. If you're asking how to make your enemies do stuff, just add the skills you want them to use.
  2. One of Yanfly's plugins (battle core? I forget) lets you prevent enemy movement via the note tag: <Sprite Cannot Move>
  3. You could probably do that with a per-turn troop event that checks for something like $gameTroop.aliveMembers().length === 1 (assuming the battle is, say, 1 boss and n number of henchmen) and, if true, uses force action to make the boss cast his aoe resurrection skill or something.

Parlu10

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
  1. If you're asking how to make your enemies do stuff, just add the skills you want them to use.
Maybe I wrote it wrong, I asked if an enemy could just do nothing during his turn.

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a default wait command you could use. Or you could have it use any empty skill with no effects set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecilGP