Boss That Copies

Avanoh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was interested in making a boss that would copy player moves rather than using his own moves exclusively, as well as splitting into multiple copies of himself at some phase in the fight, followed by those copies transforming into “clones” of each party member while also using their move sets in addition to each clone’s moves.

In addition to this style of boss, I was also interested in making a boss that transforms into past bosses during different phases of the fight, transforming back to his original form after each of those phases while retaining the signature move of each boss he’s already become.

Moxy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've done this in my own game, but probably not in the same manor that you're looking to do. I've been using Mog Hunter's Chrono Engine and ABS mode. This allows you to set the exact skills that you want your enemy to perform, and the Sprite sheet you want the enemy to look like.

Avanoh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a good way to make it change for boss phases? I think the most complicated part would probably be making the boss only use certain moves after you pass those phases but I’m inexperienced with RPG Maker so I may be wrong.

Moxy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To answer your question, yes. It may not be in the way that you're looking. With the system that I'm using takes time to learn, but is worth it in the end, and gives you a lot to play around with. Here's a video showing how you can make a boss that changes it's attacks at random by editing the event pages. You can also change the sprite of the boss with each page so you can make them look different, or even change their size as an example.

Avanoh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, thanks. I haven’t had a chance to check out the video just yet but I’ll check it out when I get off work and let you know what I think. I appreciate the answer.

Moxy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem! My entire game is actually based on this system. If you need more help let me know.

Here's the teaser trailer to my game which showcases some of the fighting and skills:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I cannot get the Benny Hill Theme out of my head
A wave of cold air has hit Canada... I know it's "always cold", but this one is especially cold... I'm freezing to death lol.
Have fun with English: a "fire grenade" is not portable napalm but a fire extinguisher tool.
2 days ago someone tried to convert me to Islam. Today youtube tried to convert me to Catholicism. The only thing left would be to meet sone Jehova's witnesses.
I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bloojacie