PHAZE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, I'm having a weird issue, I've searched but couldn't find anything mentioning this. I'm using RPG Maker VX Ace from Steam, the map is 174 tiles wide and 133 tiles high, and I'm using Zeus' Fullscreen++ at a resolution of 640x360. The problem is that for some reason, the bottom edge of the map has a line across it (8 pixels) that is exactly like the top edge of the map, is there anyway to fix it without changing the map size? And it's happening on more than one map, the majority of the maps are the exact same size.

EDIT: It only shows up during gameplay, in the editor it's completely normal.

Here's a screenshot (cropped):
SDRLLSz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
at first guess, the problem has to do with partial tiles - it is generally much easier to use screen sizes that are multiples of tile sizes.

and 11 tiles * 32 pixel is 352 pixels, exactly your 8 pixels less than 360.

I suggest testing once with 352 instead of 360 and another test with regular fullscreen (without zoom script) with your 360. That should give you the info if the problem is caused by the engine itself or by the zoom script, and then continue searching for a solution in the part that caused it.

PHAZE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
at first guess, the problem has to do with partial tiles - it is generally much easier to use screen sizes that are multiples of tile sizes.

and 11 tiles * 32 pixel is 352 pixels, exactly your 8 pixels less than 360.

I suggest testing once with 352 instead of 360 and another test with regular fullscreen (without zoom script) with your 360. That should give you the info if the problem is caused by the engine itself or by the zoom script, and then continue searching for a solution in the part that caused it.

Setting to 352 worked, better to have 8 pixels cut off than to show those bars. Thank you very much :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here ever confronted a never-ending loading screen? Took me 3 hours to realize the problem was the font format :yswt:
Ah, the problems a noob runs into...
WOOHOO!! FIXED A MAJOR SHOP PROBLEM I HAD FOR MONTHS, WHAT A WAY TO END MY STAY-CATION!
44 viewers at the same time!! :p That must be a personal record! ;)

1643393895196.png

I tried to make a face portrait.
it's the first ever time I try something like this, hope it came out decently even if it was my first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keqi