Bottom edge of map is copying the top edge

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by PHAZE7, Jul 13, 2016.

1. PHAZE7

PHAZE7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello, I'm having a weird issue, I've searched but couldn't find anything mentioning this. I'm using RPG Maker VX Ace from Steam, the map is 174 tiles wide and 133 tiles high, and I'm using Zeus' Fullscreen++ at a resolution of 640x360. The problem is that for some reason, the bottom edge of the map has a line across it (8 pixels) that is exactly like the top edge of the map, is there anyway to fix it without changing the map size? And it's happening on more than one map, the majority of the maps are the exact same size.

EDIT: It only shows up during gameplay, in the editor it's completely normal.

Here's a screenshot (cropped): [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2016
  2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    at first guess, the problem has to do with partial tiles - it is generally much easier to use screen sizes that are multiples of tile sizes.

and 11 tiles * 32 pixel is 352 pixels, exactly your 8 pixels less than 360.

I suggest testing once with 352 instead of 360 and another test with regular fullscreen (without zoom script) with your 360. That should give you the info if the problem is caused by the engine itself or by the zoom script, and then continue searching for a solution in the part that caused it.

Mako Star likes this.
  3. PHAZE7

PHAZE7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Setting to 352 worked, better to have 8 pixels cut off than to show those bars. Thank you very much :)