Stefanos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This appears to be a major hinderance if I cannot see the whole dialog box for these just because of my laptop and the resolution with which it comes.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You have to have a 1024 x 768 resolution desktop. Please set your resolution to at least that high.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's either that your resolution is too low, or that you activate the windows dpi zoom (that needs to be at 100% only for the makers to work on 1024x768)

Stefanos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It is quite unfortunate that the system is not quite made for my computer, then, since my tech-savvy relative could not manage to adjust my resolution for these menus.

In any case, does this affect my ability to dictate how many characters I want to make? I cannot imagine that our projects absolutely must feature no more and no less than ten characters. Right-clicking does not seem to change it, either.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is a button at the bottom to change the maximum.

If you can't increase your resolution (can you tell what it is?) then you might want to look for a program that creates a virtual desktop and scroll through that to reach all parts.

Stefanos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My display resolution has always been and still is at the recommended setting of 1366 by 768.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It should be working then? The minimum requirements (per the store page) is 1024 x 768. Check to see if you can drag the windows some, as I know you can make it bigger.

Stefanos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I already tried dragging and resizing the boxes, but I cannot push it up nearly that far (and it pushes it back down again, anyway), and the top-right corner only has the "x" (close window) function.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then most likely your dpi setting is wrong - please check your windows settings for that part of the display configuration, it needs to be set to 100%, not higher.

Additionally, it might help if you set your taskbar to autohide in the bottom or move it to the left as that will give you another centimeter at the bottom

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is the wrong way and setting - I didn't write about the internal display ratio in the registry.
The setting I'm talking about is part of the regular system properties, and in all windows versions up to Win 7 it only had three possible values, selected by button: 100%, 125% or 150% I just can't tell you how it is called because my windows is German, but if you read something about registry editing you're on the wrong part.

Stefanos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I managed to do it! The display settings were set to something "custom" (whatever that means since it was fixed to something until I turned that off), so it had me sign out immediately after switching it off, and now I can see the whole box! Now I cannot even increase it back to over 100% even if I wanted to for some reason, but at least I can work with the whole thing without feeling I am missing something vital.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can hopefully move onto doing visual effects and sound design now. :kaophew:

The latest RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue starts now! Let's jump into Kamigami: Clash of the Gods!

Title Screen 100% Finished
Evangeline.png
I'm starting to enjoy doing pixel art! Not to mention it's getting easier to do commissions :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrMomake