wingstreet

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, I've been trying to google this for hours and haven't found anything that has helped. I recently purchased 'Fantasy RPG Tileset Pack' and none of the tiles are sized properly. Does anyone know how to fix this? It is driving me nuts.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

What is the exact name of the pack you bought? I can find many with the word "Fantasy RPG" but none called "Fantasy RPG Tileset".

The most obvious issues would be:
  • You bought a pack that was formatted for Ace and are trying to use it in MV/MZ or vice versa. Ace uses 32x32 tiles while MV/MZ use 48x48 tiles.
  • You are putting the tiles into the wrong slots in the tileset. Putting an A3 image into an A2 slot will make it do weird things.
  • You are adding tiles into slots in the editor, but they are designed for parallax mapping, which means they aren't used in the editor at all.

If you can provide a link to the tileset pack, either on the Degica store or on Steam, as well as a screenshot of your editor so we can see where you've place the tiles and what they look like when you draw with them, it should give us some clues.

Last edited:

wingstreet

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, sorry for the vague post it was late at night. The pack in question is the 'Time Fantasy' pack. I think I might have found out the issue. I need to enhance the tilesets to 300%. I'll report back after work when I have access to try it.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That particular set is labeled with which tile goes in which slot, so as long as you don't put tileA5interior into A2, you'll be fine on the program's side of things. As for the scale, I believe that set comes with the tiles already resized for multiple resolutions, and you just need to use the 3x set of tiles for them to look right in MZ. If not, it's a really simple edit, you just need to upscale the original sized tiles 300%. You can do it it just about any image editing program (except Paint), the only thing to watch out for is to make sure to turn off interpolation options or set it to nearest neighbor.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's right - there appear to be tiles sized for RM2K3 (which uses 16x16), Ace (which uses 32x32) and MV (which uses 48x48).

If you are upscaling them to 300%, you are probably using the 2K3 tiles rather than the MV tiles.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Phew! logged back. Seems I was too occupied with 3D learning (yeah for RPGM purposes) creating IRL space, trying to grow catnip, dealing with health and DC is good. (so MrC) ^^
Currently trying to add items in the same style as Kyrise's excellent icons. I like having a large variety of items :3 KyriseandMe.PNG
Create MiniMaps, Sprites for MV Enemies, & Aethereal Plane Battlebacks | RPG Maker News #74

Vtubers Vs MOTHER.png

This might be my next project. You like it?
I'm off to search the master script list for my skill issue. HOORAY! FUN!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ziaz82