tlbearer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have played a game called Rogue Galaxy and in that game there was a bounty system. You got to cash in bounties for killing a certain number of a certain enemies or for killing a rare monster (mini-boss) and moved up the bounty ladder and got some cool stuff as a reward for doing it. I was wondering if there was any way to do this in mv?

Necrology

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How are you doing enemy encounters? Are they events on a map or is it tied to a certain amount of steps?

Well, I guess it doesn't matter actually, you can make a condition in the troops menu with the condition that the enemy's hp is <= to zero and then have a variable track deaths. 

Last edited by a moderator:

tlbearer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
How are you doing enemy encounters? Are they events on a map or is it tied to a certain amount of steps?

Well, I guess it doesn't matter actually, you can make a condition in the troops menu with the condition that the enemy's hp is <= to zero and then have a variable track deaths. 
By certain amount of steps. Can you explain it abit more?

Aethers1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
He was wondering if you were setting up NPC's to have battle process events tied to them.  Upon winning you can grant conditions.  This is a great spot to add in parameters for winning.  As for a bounty for kill a certain number of them.  I haven't come across anything like that yet, but it doesn't mean someone couldn't make a plug in for this particular event.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you say enemy's HP <= 0, your event won't trigger because the battle will end. You need to increment the variable at the start of battle.

But what happens if you don't have the quest/bounty yet? Would you still want the variable to be increased if you fight that enemy prior to getting it? If not, you'll have to add a conditional branch and only increment the variable by the number of enemies in the troop if you have the quest.

Necrology

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This should work. Just set your troop encounters to increase a variable. Make sure you increase the variable for each enemy. I tested it and it seems to work this way.

tlbearer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This should work. Just set your troop encounters to increase a variable. Make sure you increase the variable for each enemy. I tested it and it seems to work this way.

Ok now lets say they needed to kill 30 slimes and then they go to the local bounty place and the player wants to cash it in...How would I set it up to allow them to turn it in when they have 30 or more? Also would there be anyway to show the player how many they have killed of a creature that has a bounty on it.

SwoX

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can tell the player what number a variable is at by putting \V[n] (where n is the variable number you want it to show). I'm not sure where you want it to show this info to them, but if you were using variable 1 for this, you could show this in a dialogue that looks like this (minus the quotes): "You've killed \V[1] slimes." If you want to tell them how many they need in total, you could just add /30 after the \V[1].

You can also add a check to the dialogue event that changes it when they've hit the total they need. You can do this with a conditional branch or a new page in the event that triggers when the variable is 30.

Those are some ideas, anyway. Hope they help.

Btw, you can see all those text codes by mousing over a dialogue box in an event. A little floaty thing should pop up with all of them. You can add additional options with plugins, too.

tlbearer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can tell the player what number a variable is at by putting \V[n] (where n is the variable number you want it to show). I'm not sure where you want it to show this info to them, but if you were using variable 1 for this, you could show this in a dialogue that looks like this (minus the quotes): "You've killed \V[1] slimes." If you want to tell them how many they need in total, you could just add /30 after the \V[1].

You can also add a check to the dialogue event that changes it when they've hit the total they need. You can do this with a conditional branch or a new page in the event that triggers when the variable is 30.

Those are some ideas, anyway. Hope they help.

Btw, you can see all those text codes by mousing over a dialogue box in an event. A little floaty thing should pop up with all of them. You can add additional options with plugins, too.
Thank you very much.

kiddeath95

Lead Trainie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You would want to reset that variable, or have a total kill count for each enemy, and also the current kill count you need. That way if they get the same type of bounty (cause ik some games with that type of system gives off similar bounties or tasks), it wont just say that the player has completed the bounty each time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My plan after learning to make my voice girly "Wow! You sounds cute!" "But actually I'm a man!" "Nooooo!!!" hehehe...
I get haunted from bugs that emit a terrible stench after being killed.
At first, I was going to put player objectives on the screen labeling it as "Helpful voices"... But that's dumb, I have a madness system. It will simply whisper objectives.... I mean they're probably objectives. The voices wouldn't lie right? They're friendly, and ...helpful. So clearly you should do what they say. Just watch the dark corners of your screen for advice and it will all work out! :LZSexcite:
Take care of your immune system: Go to sleep. If you looked at the clock an hour ago or four and it was way late then maybe now is the time. Mmm sleep...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rbennin