Korimax

Architect of Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I've been looking and I haven't quite found a script that fits my needs.

I'm looking for a script that basically allows leveling up both classes and characters. So that when a class reaches a certain level you can move onto a new class.

However, I need for certain classes to be unavailable once you select a new class. For example:

Aaron the Star Mage reaches his max class level, he can become either a Star Knight or a Star Sage. If the player were to pick lets say the Star Knight I want to be able to lock out the Star Sage option or remove it.

Or perhaps have a Classup button on the status screen or something once their job level reaches a certain point, and then a screen pops up showing the choices?

I've been looking for something of that nature for my current project and I would greatly appreciate it if somebody could help me find such a script. :)

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've looked Yanfly's Class system script over and I'm not certain that it'll work as I don't see any way to lock a class after one is already selected like I described. I can see how I can limit the classes to their specific tree but not how to limit it to only one class of two possible choices.

(I also don't see anyway to have class specific levels but have them not affect the stats of the characters instead that being the character level.)

If I could I'd have the class levels decide the skills learned, and the current class decide stats. But I'd have the character level decide what level of said classes stats is applied?

Like Aaron the Star Mage Lv31 Job level: 7 Has the stats of a Level 31 Star Mage, and has all the skills that level 7 job would have.

Then he promotes to a Star Knight. So he has the stats of a Level 31 Star Knight, and has all the skills of the Star Mage and the Skills of a Job Level 1 Star Knight.

I really do hope I'm making sense as I explain this. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick question before I go into detail: Are you going to have the class change in the menu or are you going to use script calls to bring it up. I ask, because there's a way to do it, but I don't want to type an entire page for something your not using.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What I'm basically picturing is a button to be available somewhere (I'm thinking on the Status Screen.) That'll appear when the class is maxed and when selected it'll take the player to a class menu for that actor and then they'll have to pick between the two classes.

I imagine that'll require script calls, though if there is a way to do it without it I'd like to hear it. (If I don't use it I apologize, but it'll help me learn at least.)

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well I'm just going to put up the process to what I would do. Use the Yanfly Class script to give the actors access to all classes. In the class tab just copy the classes and change the skills. That way each class will have the same stats, but different skills. The easiest way to do this next part is to have the script call "SceneManager.call(Scene_Class)" in a common event so you can attach it to an item or event. This will bring up the class change menu and you'll be able to check for certain requirements for conditional branches. Like say the Star Mage is ready to become a Star Knight they can bring in the menu, change the class, then when the player exists the menu have a conditional branch check to see if the character is a Star Knight, if they are you use the "$game_actors[x].remove_class(y)" script call to remove classes you don't want to the player to get back on.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

E7DsT3VXsAInVpu

working on my avatar, because i couldn't stand looking at it anymore :D
still not finished though...
alpacaraptors = love!
''Finds icons that fits the game you're making'' Only covers 20% of what you need :p
I'm very manic-y right now. I didn't sleep and I wanted to get a bunch of stuff done, but didn't get anything done except the bare bones concept for a POSSIBLE game.
And I can't sleep now because I'm probably gonna be hanging out with my brother and I gotta discuss a bunch of BroCoG (our game group) junk with him plus it's far to late to sleep NOW.
poppetQuestBarryApproaches.jpg
While I wait for judging, I decided to start adding more "friends" to my attic. :LZSgrin:

I swear I need a whole sound pack of menacing squeaky toy noises. :kaoswt:
I can't believe I actually managed to stay motivated for the whole Game Jam duration (1 month!), definitely will be taking a break after this :0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjchua