Catagious

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I would like to know if it is possible to create branching story paths using VNMaker. I have looked at many guides and I have not been able to find this answer. My VN has multiple endings, and I need this functionality. I'm not very knowledgeable about coding, so I was hoping there was a program closer to Twine with less coding.

pokerfacy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
VNM
Easy task.....did you buy VNM ? It has a sample program to show you how to creat branching story...

doodlemancy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Yes. Basically what VNMaker does is it lets you drag-and-drop "commands" which represent chunks of code it's already written for you and gives you an easy way to edit them without actually having to be able to read code. Every game maker program will be a bit easier for you if you understand at least some very basic coding-adjacent stuff, but you should be able to do most things, including branching paths, without having to write any code.

Catagious

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Thanks so much for the help.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The game's opening, now fully polished! :LZScheeze:

Aaand, here's me working on it in today's "Game Making Every Day" video! :LZSooo:

Hello! Can anyone help me? I followed making cooking tutorial for RPG Maker MV. But for some reason buff state that food gives doesn't work in overworld. It disappears. What am I supposed to do?
A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.
SIGH its so hard to convince my friend that making a game for fun and making one to sell takes different planning. I don't care about weird bothersome ways of doing things in a game made for fun, but when you are planning to market it, there is some stuff that you just have to streamline or cut out.
It might be a little bit boring and tedious, but building that database of armor, items, weapons and skills are super important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oneesama