TRADE Brave Hearts | Stardew x My Time At Portia RPG Open World

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Kris_Gray, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Kris_Gray

Kris_Gray Artist(Characters, Character assets) Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Engine: RPGMaker MV

Synopsis: You find yourself in Brave Heart Isle, remembering only your name.You are welcomed into Bravewood with open arms and love, a feeling you’ve never had before, so you stay for a little.However, the longer you stayed, the stranger things get and you fear that all of this was just an imagination.Well, what if it is?

•Start from the bottom, and work your way up to richness.
    •Sell multiple types of items—Armour, weapons, metal bars, clothes!
    •Discover recipes, blueprints and scriptures in a variety of dungeons to upgrade your home!
    •Good-looking, romance-able characters!
    •Interactions with NPC are meaningful to progression, production and/or story.
    •Multi-faceted Residents (npc) with stories to tell! They won’t just keep saying that one boring line every day.
    •Fashionable outfits!
    •Multiple endings!

My Roles:
    Game designer, character designer and illustrator (non-pixel) writer, eventing

Roles needed:
    •Pixel artist(s) for all spritesheets (while I can draw, I am not very experienced in pixel art rip.How this will go: the pixel artist creates the sprite sheets for walking, SV, and behaviour from my designs)

Eventing advisor or scripter
    (This is optional but would be appreciated! Currently, I am having some troubles eventing NPC schedules that go with day/night cycles.Think Stardew Valley.I’d be happy to receive advice or a plugin that would help me achieve this!)

Secondary writer
    A secondary to give feedback on the overall story and/or pacing of the game itself.Optional but highly appreciated :) Also if you have knowledge in philosophy or psychology, that would be SUPERB! :LZYcheeze:

Once you are officially in the team, it would be nice if we could discuss in a Discord server or something like that! (is this allowed?) Expect detailed feedbacks~

Skill Trade
    I have experience in character illustration (portraits to full bodies) and writing, perhaps I could also give advice relating to game design in general as well.
    I’d be happy to offer my skills once some contribution has been made!

Genre/Tags
    Open-world, semi-linear, Dungeon crawler, Crafting, Resource production and collection, marketing

Themes
    Modern Fantasy (think RWBY) (70% fantasy, 30% modern)
    Recurring themes of philosophy and psychology.(As these topics are close to my heart.)
    Light humour and soft hearted sometimes, dark and real other times.

2. ZenZwami

ZenZwami Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    This sounds like an interesting project. I would love to help as a secondary writer and I do have some understanding of psychology.

Kris_Gray likes this.
  3. Gabriel-Chi

Gabriel-Chi MetsuG Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese-BR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looks like a good game
    why don't you made it non-like-linear,like Legend of Zelda games(The most of them)?

4. Kris_Gray

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great! I sent you a discord link for you to join :rhappy:

5. Kris_Gray

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'd like to give freedom to the player, such as choosing what to start with (forging, weaving, medicine etc)
    It is semi-linear as there is a main storyline that connects every resident, and their closeness with specific residents are closely woven together with every type of production and exploration progress.The story-line just leads the Player towards the multiple endings (10 endings at the moment!) It is up to them how and in what order they reach it. I've not played Breath of The Wild, but I heard the player could go straight to the ending at the very beginning, which sounded appealing to me and I wanted to apply something like that haha.

Gabriel-Chi likes this.
  6. Gabriel-Chi

Gabriel-Chi MetsuG Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese-BR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow,you are really on this hum?:kaoblush:
    What i have sayed about "non-like-linear" is about make the player feel that he has control over what he is doing, and is not required to do anything, that he is free, but if he goes to a dangerous area he will die!
    Legend of (Link and no) Zelda:Breath of The Wild is like this,i can go anywhere by myself but i can die for myself too,this is great for "immersion" on an game.
    other zelda games are semi-linear too,but the player don't feel .

Your game looks so great,but is big,so good luck,you will need it and hard work,but if you finish it,probaly will be wonderful.:kaopride:

Kris_Gray likes this.