Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated (see below): Get the game resources here:

BRITE
The Darkness is closing in, but there is still hope so long as a spark remains.

Brite is a straightforward, short (~1hr) game, designed for the Indie Game Maker Competition 2017.

Play as a small flame in a world of darkness, battling rain, cold and shadow in order to restore light and warmth to the world.

Features:

• A subtle storyline
  • Original soundtrack
  • Unique character models
  • Intuitive light-based gameplay mechanics

You can check it out here: https://rubescen.itch.io/brite

And I'd love any feedback/critique you have to offer. Cheers!

Last edited:

Rubescen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congrats to the winners and thanks to the judges and everyone else who played and gave feedback on my entry! It was a fun experience.

I've made a significant and likely final (barring any bugs introduced) update to the game based on feedback making it a bit easier and hopefully more enjoyable.

Check Brite (1.02) out if you haven't already!

I don't plan on doing much else with this project, since I'm back to the project I was working on prior to the contest -- which is modern/sci fi. So since I don't plan on reusing anything, I've made most of my original resources for Brite (character sprites and music) available for use, should anyone find them useful:

Get the Brite Sprites and Music

Volrath

Knight in Sour Armor
Degica
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I thought this game was really neat, although quite challenging. It's a nice simple concept, I'd encourage people to try it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.
Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewRobertson