JaeJaeCee

Emerald Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was trying to download resources for the kids section of the generator and broke it- icons are not for the correct one and sets will even be overlapped.
I downloaded MV through Steam originally, and I have no experience in IT at all-
How and where can I find the original Eyes file for Kids, so that I can fix this without having to completely delete the generator? I had downloaded several files to use features that weren't in the vanilla version, and I don't want to lose those.

I've seen someone suggest a re-install but I haven't the first clue how to do that, especially when it was downloaded through Steam- Do I have to completely delete it? would I even still be able to re-download it?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) for steam, right-click on the program name in the library to get to the options including verifying the file integrity (which will repair any change files).

That said, most likely you forgot to rename the files to fit your generator - there are reasons why there are large tutorials on how to add parts to the character generator here on this forum. Please read them - the generator needs all parts to be sequentially numbered, and that means that you have to rename all parts correctly to the number required by your specific generator before copying them into the folder.

JaeJaeCee

Emerald Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) for steam, right-click on the program name in the library to get to the options including verifying the file integrity (which will repair any change files).

That said, most likely you forgot to rename the files to fit your generator - there are reasons why there are large tutorials on how to add parts to the character generator here on this forum. Please read them - the generator needs all parts to be sequentially numbered, and that means that you have to rename all parts correctly to the number required by your specific generator before copying them into the folder.
Thank you- I actually just got done fixing it the hard way by removing MV from the computer completely and then relaunching it ^~^,

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Before you try to add generator parts again, I highly recommend you copy the generator folder as it is and place it somewhere else on your computer to have a backup copy. That way, if you accidentally delete files, you can replace them.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I miss working in rpgmaker but I can only do one thing at a time. Maybe after drawing lessons I can come back.
Ever have a day like... you play minesweeper and your very first click is always a mine?
Today's patch of Eternal Dreamers is for all the gamblers out there! https://bit.ly/327mu83
i deleted anime only family guy from now on
I've discovered Stardew Valley and now I'm an addict. To think that one person designed this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rykerior