Architect of Procrastination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
BrokenGraceLogo1_zpsbf612d10.png
Broken Grace is a commercial project, it takes place in a fantasy setting, and follows the story of a young man who is thrust into the world after an unfortunate incident. Venturing beyond his home, he learns more about himself and life. He fights, he loves, and finds his place in the world and within a prophecy foretold before his birth. The Prophecy that foretold the return of a Dark Angel, a monster of such terrible power, and with that power it brought havoc and destruction to Mankind bringing it to its knees. With a lack of a better term this being became known as the Chaos Angel, after a great war this angel was vanquished from the world. However as the prophecy tells of the return of this angel, our hero must find a way to prevent it, before life as he knows it ceases to be.

Characters

Xen.pngXen Dimas

The Protagonist of Broken Grace, he is brave and honest, although some might say he is a tad dense. He cares for others before himself and protects what he believes is right. He wields a sword, but only uses it against mindless monsters or those  who threaten himself or his friends.
Alice.pngAlice Igna

The main Heroine of Broken Grace, she is kind and passionate. She in a way is almost innocent, she dreams of a life above the stars themselves. She wields a whip, and is a near master of Ice Magic, but unlike her magic, her heart is warmer than anyone else you might meet.

Michael.pngMichael Vistol

A Paladin with a noble air around him, he seeks his wife after she was taken away from him over two years ago. His intellect is vast, and he is master of both the bow, and light magic, he uses his knowledge and skill to continue his search for his wife.

Trevor.pngTrevor Najja

A simple pickpocket, his half-elf identity makes him an outcast from the elves, and ridiculed by humans for being different ever since he was a child. At a young age his parents perished and he took up a life of crime, and stole for himself and his sister. He cares for his sister above anything else and would die for her so she might be happy.

Lin.pngLin Baun

Xen’s childhood, and best friend. Although a bit of a tomboy at times, she has a motherlike personality. Overtime she came to fall in love with Xen although he has yet to notice her, no matter how many hints she or others drop.

Nicholas.pngNicholas Vaha

Prince of Yahara, he is the adoptive son of the queen, Although he knows his life could be worse, he feels great pain living in the shadow of his two perfect brothers who are the real children of the Queen. Despite this he is the heir to the throne, an honor for which he believes himself unworthy.
Screenshots

Broken Grace.pngQuote.png

Map 1.pngMap 2.png

Map 3.pngMap 4.png

Credits

Ruby, for the Beautiful Title Screen and Logo at the top of this post.

Ruruga

Arkecia

Sinakhai

Aaron Krogh

The World Setting

The world Broken Grace takes place in is known as Astol.

Astol is divided by three realms of existence.

1. The Mortal Realm, where Mankind resides alongside many other creatures of nature, and a few monsters that have pooled in from another realm.
  2. The Celestial Realm, where only the Souls who have passed on and Angels reside.
  3. The Æther Realm, where all of the monsters are created and born, this Realm is run mostly by Vampires and Werewolves as they are the most intelligent monsters.
Mortal Realm

In the Mortal Realm, the world is split by 5 Kingdoms along 4 continents.

1. There is Diora the Kingdom on the Northern half of the West Continent, and where Xen's journey begins.
  2. There is Rue the Kingdom on the Southern half of the West Continent.
  3. There is Schneelande the Kingdom on the Northern Continent, where it is always winter. It is well known for being a neutral country in matters of war.
  4. There is Yahara the Kingdom on the Southern Continent, which has a natural climate of a desert, also is the leader in trade.
  5. There is Bentz the Kingdom on the Easter Continent, and leader in natural resources.
  6. Lastly there is a Large island like area in the middle of all of these continents, this is known as the Outlands, due to the land's lack of government, and lack of laws.
The Mortal Realm is also split by numerous races some more known than others.

The dominant race of Humans who preside over more than half of the land.

The Second race is the Dwarves, who reside in the northernmost part of Schneelande as they are the only species able to inhabit there.

The Third and least inhabiting species are the Elves, who reside along the valleys of Yggdrasil, as the guardians and protectors of the Great Tree.

Other notable Creatures are Faeries who reside in areas with overflowing natural magic, Demons whom are hunted down by Paladins, Clerics, Priests, and other manners of holy men, due to their natural evil. Lastly the Merfolk whom reside under the seas.

The most notable living creature in the world is Yggdrasil, it is a tree of life, created by the Almighty one. The Legend stated that the great tree, raised from the seed from the almighty, would heal those who were sick as long as they were pure. It is said that it can purify the most sinful. It is said that its power can destroy the damned.

Celestial Realm

A realm above the Mortal Realm, it exists as a place that souls go to once they die. It is believed that only human souls go to the Celestial Realm, and that Elven souls are absorbed into Yggdrasil, while Dwarven souls just fade.

Within the Celestial Realm also live the Angels. The Guardians of fate and light, they exist to assist man in its path of evolution, and to keep man on the path set out by its creator. Angels are in a way almost indestructible and can be only killed by another angel or a dragon. In the event that an angel is killed by another angel, they are reborn as a human child approximately 1,000 years after their death, these are known as "AR" or Angel Reincarnates. Angel Reincarnates are the only example of humans that could possibly kill an angel.

The Celestial Realm's general appearance is unknown, some believe it may even look different from person to person. However no Mortal Man has ever transcended to the Celestial Realm. The only known route to the entire realm is through death.

Æther Realm

A realm that exists somewhere between the Mortal Realm and the Celestial Realm. Within is the birthplace of almost every monster known to man. Although somewhat hard to believe the Æther Realm does have a sort of government, it is a land divided by two races of monster, Werewolves and Vampires. Two sides of the same coin they are locked in eternal war, and it seems neither side is likely to die out anytime soon.

The Æther Realm is a place of eternal night where the moon is always full and, always as Red as blood. It is believed that some monsters are affected by the moon's strange glow, and as such some are more powerful. The Æther Realm has one grand continent as big as Bentz, and Yahara combined. Surrounding it is a black sea, within exists the Sirens, devilish creatures who lure weak prey with its song.

Beneath the land underground temperatures rise, and some areas could possibly be made of fire, this is known as Hell, where the demons lurk. Hell is in fact one grand city of eternal despair and chaos underground, the air stiff and the heat unbearable. Souls that are tainted with sin are brought here by one of the angels of the Celestial Realm.

It is mostly unknown as to where the gate to the Æther Realm is, however it is understood that there is a gateway from the Celestial Realm to the Æther Realm. It is also just as likely that there is another gate in the Mortal Realm.

Features

Quest Log System

A Night/Day System

An Alchemy System

Advanced Lighting System

XP Graphics in a VX(Ace) Game?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

senpoRiot

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Your map is too bland and almost empty. You might want to clutter it a little and make it a wee bit smaller.

The setting's kinda the stereotype one but I hope to see some plot twists here! :D

The world setting is well introduced. You might want to describe the Celestial Realm and Æther Realm too.

It's a nice project, so just keep going! Goodluck.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Updated the first post to include a bit more detailed descriptions of the Celestial Realm and the Æther Realm.

Alongside also adding a spoiler for a list of features that will appear in the game. (More to be added in the features.)

(Also edited the Equipment Shop Map and updated that screenshot however that is less important.)

@senpoRIOT

Are you referring to the shop map? The Forest Maps or just all the Maps in general.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would like to chime in with a bit of constructive criticism on the maps as well (feel free to ignore this, but it's an honest impression when I look at them).  They tend to look empty and feel too 'blocky' from your screenshots.  For example, map1.png looks like it could be made smaller or filled with a lot more stuff.  Map2.png could use more detail to make it look more interesting.  Map3.png and map4.png both need less of the lengthy tree walls - adding more angles and making them less symmetrical would really help those, increase the varied ground cover.  Etc.  

The RTP really requires some creative mapping to look good, in my opinion, but it's doable.  

Best of luck on your project!  I'd also be happy to elaborate more on the mapping stuff if you'd like - it's been a big interest of mine lately.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Insidious Mental Pollution

I welcome Criticism thank you, I understand now that my maps do need quite a bit of work.

I was wondering though if you could answer these questions in a PM.

What exactly do you mean by adding more angles? Because I am afraid I just don't quite grasp what you are telling me, I understand every word, but I am not quite sure how to go about applying that advice to the maps.

Could you elaborate on more Varied Ground Cover?

Any more advice/suggestions/criticisms would be helpful as well.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Certainly.

I sent you a PM with some better explanations, as well as some image edits as examples.   

senpoRiot

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
I guess all the maps?

KadoDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This looks good. I have a question. Did you make the face sets yourself? If so, they're very good! If not, where can I get them?

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I did not make them unfortunately, they were made by Ruruga if you google his name it should be the first site. (Warning its in Japanese.)

UPDATE EDIT: Modified 3/4 screenshots to 'Hopefully' look better. Also added a quote in the screenshot section, as you may/or may not be able to tell its important to the story. (Plus its the kinda thing that would make me, and hopefully you, go aww.) :)

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure if its just my phone or not, but I can only open the Credits and World Setting spoilers, and only the Mortal World spoiler in that.

This sounds pretty cool, so I'd like to read more!

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
E-GHADS! How on heavens did you find this buried under 2 month old Early Project Topics?

(Didn't mean for that to sound like I have abandoned this, it just is lacking in updates since I have AP Testing in a month and right now my life is all about studying... and Government... and Chemistry... I hate my life  :stare: )

Anyway, from what I can tell the spoiler tags seem to be working just fine so it is most likely your phone that is unable to read past them, for whatever reason.

Also I am predicting a Updating post in the near future since I feel that there will be a sale soon and I shall immediately purchase RMXP, then use the tilesets to at the bare minimum replace the old screenshots there...

LASTLY!?!! Thank you for showing interest in this, it means a lot to me because there are times I wonder if this might be a very cliche or rather dull idea.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I wouldn't worry too much about it being a cliche. I read somewhere that there are only ten storiesin the world, and everything else is just a variation. As long as you manage to put your own unique stamp on things, you're good.

As for how I found it, this post was linked in a fairly recent post in the Feedback thread.

Korimax

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That is right, forgot about that, nobody replied to that which made me feel rather... Well anyway thank you for taking an interest and I do hope you stay tuned for updates and EVENTUALLY, a Demo of some sorts.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Yeah, I think most people are interested in getting than giving feedback.

But, yeah, I look forward to a demo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

User of Mv3d/ Mz3d and Rosse engine. New Resource Pack on development "Halloween Stones" . Leave ideas about what you want to see on this package. :)
SetPreview.jpg
Looking at Code abd knowing that it made sense at one time. Ugh..why did I ever stop? Well I guess it will come back to me.
Well, Blizzard... thanks for making it easy to decide what to delete to free up some hard drive space... I guess. Ugh.
So far, I've rated 5 of the games out of the 120 submitted. Competition is fierce! There are a few which I played and thought "Well, at least my submission is better than this one." but there's at least one which is far better than mine (at least by my judgement.) Trying very hard to rate games fairly and only comment when I have something constructive to say. Good luck everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dulldye