OmniWill

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Broken Ties logo.png
Broken Ties is the first game me and my friend have attempted to make, based on an idea he has had for years. Currently it is just us two working on the project, however we lack some of the skills we need to make the game completely ourselves. We're looking for people who would like to help out or build their skills/portfolio as we are currently unable to pay at this time :/

Engine: RPGMakerMV

Synopsis:
Set in the fantasy country of Abreya, Xander, the Prince of the mighty kingdom of Escaria is conflicted. His Father, the King of Escaria has been making questionable choices, bringing Escaria closer to war. The “Lawless Lands,” secluded in the west have already been subjugated by Escaria. Now the King wants to target the peaceful neighboring kingdom of Dranthia. This action would violate the peace treaty between the two kingdoms. Plagued by this choice, Xander is sent to assassinate the current king of Dranthia. At the last second, Xander makes the choice to not follow through with his mission, causing his father to imprison him for treason.

After 5 years in prison, Xander is rescued by a resistance group, who show him the atrocities that Escaria has committed within the 5 years he has been gone. Appalled by this, Xander joins the resistance, made up of Errin, the Wolf-prince leader of the resistance, Orsen, a combat veteran who was Xander’s cellmate, Meena of the mysterious Treefolk, Kaia, Errin’s noble bodyguard, among other fighters. However, witnessing these atrocities still doesn’t convince Xander. He remains convinced that something is controlling his father. During the a confrontation with his father however, Xander uncovers a life shattering secret. Followed during his adventure, Liam, the black Dragon Knight assists Xander where he can in finding out the truth behind the King of Escaria.

Broken Ties features the concept of Currency exchange, meaning there is different currency for different kingdoms. Also, Every character has multiple class paths they could take as they level up, each class having different benefits and features.

Characters:
  • Xander Ironheart-
    Xander is a strong-willed individual. He hates injustice and always fights for the oppressed. He also is fiercely loyal to his friends, his people, his kingdom, and his father. He is so torn when his father asks him, or rather commands him, to do something he knows is wrong.
  • Erin-
    Errin, a member of the Wolfkin people, lost his father during the war between Dranthia and Escaria. On his 30th birthday, he is to be crowned king, as he is next in line for the throne. His specialty is stealth, so he offers help sneaking past opponents to avoid combat. Errin cares deeply for his family and his kingdom and would do anything for their sake.
  • Meena-
    Small in stature Meena stands no taller than a human eight year old. Meena is joyful and fun loving. She uses a Boomerang in battle, but her fighting ability lies in her ability to manipulate plants. Calling large thorn bushes out of the ground to snare and damage enemies, or improving healing from medicine using natural salves.
  • Orsen-
    Hailing from a town far west of either Escaria or Dranthia known as Lonvania, Orsen is equal part sage and smart-ass. While traveling he was captured by the Dranthian Kingdom during the war with Escaria. Mistaken for an enemy combatant, he was captured, beaten, and thrown in prison. Here he met a fellow prisoner who never spoke. When a mysterious visitor aided the other prisoner in escaping, he pleaded to be let out, offering his help.
  • Kaia-
    Kaia is a member of the Okami royal guard, and personal bodyguard to Errin, the Prince of the Okami people. Kaia is a bit of a clutz, but can excel when she’s passionate about something. She has a bad habit of easily getting distracted. She is an extremely caring person, but can get vicious if the people she cares about are threatened.

Positions/Roles Needed:
(You will be required to work as a team)
General Artists- We currently need someone to do the ingame/out of game artwork. This may include character portraits, poster designs, Item designs.
Sprite sheet Artists- We need someone who can create original sprite sheets for the characters, doing several actions such as walking, fighting and other actions.
Composer (Potential)- We could also use someone to potentially compose music for Broken Ties, however at this time it isn't vastly important that we get this position filled. Currently we could use event sounds, however eventually we would need a full soundtrack.

My Role(s)/Position(s): I am currently the one in charge of Mapping and Eventing for the game. I am also one of the writers for the game, my friend being the head writer on the project.

If you need clarification on something or have any questions please ask them. I can try to clarify as best as I can.

Last edited:

SinLigereep

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I could give it a go on both spriting and general art fronts. You can see my work on my Deviantart (Same username that I used here) and would prefer to be contacted on there if possible. Or through email.

INFINILoki

God Of Mischief
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello there! im interested in the general art position! are you still looking? and also what type of art style are you looking for?

OmniWill

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there! im interested in the general art position! are you still looking? and also what type of art style are you looking for?
We're looking for an anime/fire emblem/final fantasy art style. Not necessarily the same, but similar

INFINILoki

God Of Mischief
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Im pretty sure that's within my ability...I don't have much of a portfolio since most of my art is on my currently missing hard-drive.. but i threw what i had together! so hopefully this shows a bit what i can do... Its a mix of old and newer so just a warning.

OmniWill

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im pretty sure that's within my ability...I don't have much of a portfolio since most of my art is on my currently missing hard-drive.. but i threw what i had together! so hopefully this shows a bit what i can do... Its a mix of old and newer so just a warning.
So sorry for the very late response. We've been very busy. Are you still willing?

OmniWill

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We could still use artists and spriters

OmniWill

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We are still looking for more Artists and/or Spriters for our project

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Our program, who art in memory,
Called by thy name;
Thy operating system run;
Thy function be done at runtime as it was on development.
Give us this day our daily output.
And forgive us our code duplication,
as we forgive those who
duplicate code against us.
And lead us not into frustration;
But deliver us from GOTOs.
For thine is algorithm,
The computation, and the solution,
Looping forever and ever.
Return;
NeoPGX wrote on Kes's profile.
Oh hey I just saw your comment on my profile status update.

The thing is I have twitter set up mark all my content as being potentially sensitive by default. I do it as a precaution even though I very rarely upload any such content.
I'm the fly in your soup
I'm the pebble in your shoe
I'm the pea beneath your bed
I'm the bump on every head
I'm the peel on which you slip
I'm the pin in every hip
I'm the thorn in your side
Makes you wriggle and writhe
And it's so easy when you're evil
bro how do I have over 30 OCs
A good way to mix your own music? What's the learning curve on that?
Would it be better to pay a composer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craazyyexe