Broken When uploading

YeashaStone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
So i like to upload my stuff online from time to time as I play around to make sure everything is working fully and on the latest upload some issues occurred and I can't figure out what I did wrong.
Im using RPG maker MV and when i launch it in the program to test it, it works out fine, but when i try to upload it online it does not. The only difference between this time and last time is a plugin i was using ( https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/change-tile-size.46748/) (I also increased its size to make it be able to show 92 pixels)
To use the plugin you must make a new folder for the larger assets but when i packaged the game to upload it did not include that folder so to fix this i just threw that folder in after words. (this could be the reason its messing up but I didn't know what else to do)
the other plug in im using is YEP core engine

The problem that i am having is scrambled assets when I upload it online. When i launch it in the program its perfectly fine but when i upload it walls and shadows and other assets appear in random places.
my games file path is
D :\Documents\Games\Whatsgoingon\img\tilesets
I am unsure why this is happening and suspect its one or both plugins and I just don't know how to package plugins correctly. Please help if you can.

Attachments

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to PLug-In Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Most tile plugins do not work for tile sizes over 48 x 48, and those that do only work for more even numbers. You may need to try 96 x 96 tiles (2x the original), as the issue you are hitting sounds like an issue due to resizing it from 48 to 92 on the web as 92 / 48 = not a whole number.

YeashaStone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
[MOVE]PLug-In Support[/MOVE]

Most tile plugins do not work for tile sizes over 48 x 48, and those that do only work for more even numbers. You may need to try 96 x 96 tiles (2x the original), as the issue you are hitting sounds like an issue due to resizing it from 48 to 92 on the web as 92 / 48 = not a whole number.
Thank you, I changed the file size but its still the same issue. The plug in i am using is designed for up scaling that high and it works in the program but not online. Is their something else you think it could be?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Probably how the browser is displaying it. Sometimes plug-ins just don't work when hosted online.

See what happens if you go back to 48 x 48 just to test.

YeashaStone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
So keeping it in the plugin and making sure it is referring to an outside tileset (just like it would if you sized it up) it dose work correctly. If it is just a argument between the browser and the plug in is there anything I can do to fix it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kitchen counters! I am on my second version of counters. It is slow going and I always see little details that could be done better. Have to force myself to say that's good enough for now and continue on.
I always thought I was just really, really bad at communication, then the internet proceeds to say "lol no".
Almost 100,000 Threads! We should make a celebration. Make a 100K logo? :p
Cursed problem: Multiple language switches. Say, you want to switch to EN language from JP but you have no idea where the language switch in JP menu language.
Tonight I'm finally going to start putting the dungeons my team has made on grid paper into the engine. That's the final step of making the game world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbxpbenja