ervin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had idea of having an actor go into a certain state when his sister is knocked out. The only way I've been able to do it so far is through troop events. is there another way? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I haven't used any yet in doing this, but i have all of the yanfly plugins, if that helps

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

ervin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Troop events is the easiest way to do this.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're using Yanfly's plugins then you only really need to use the first troop event with the Base Troop Event plugin. Make a page that activates at the end of every turn and inside that page have a conditional branch check if that actor is KO'ed. If they are then have actor x gain a state, if not the battle continues as normal.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would probably use a Custom Apply Effect from Yanfly's Buffs & States Core plugin. For the KO state, check whether this actor (that's receiving the KO) is the sister, and if it is, directly add the Berserk state to her brother.

ervin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the ideas guys.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hey everyone! No Studio Blue RPG Maker Critiques Stream today! But you can always check the playlist for old streams you've missed!

I ran out of paper sheets to draw, so I guess I'm forced to do digital for a while now...
x778xt8.jpg

Still haven0t found a colouring style that I like :kaoswt:
woods.pngshop.jpgboss.jpgRoom.png

Mapping is becoming so much easier!
FirestormNeos wrote on Neikoku's profile.
the cat in your profile picture is adorable
Are the default-size "chibi" sprites really a bad thing for a project? I'm not planning to sell my game anyway but I was wondering if they were as hated as some videos seem to claim...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoWareCo