Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was not 100% sure where to put this thread, so I tried to find the best match. Apologies if I got the wrong one.

Is there any documentation on what feature sets a browser needs to fully support an MZ game? The reason I ask is that I was considering making a wrapper of sorts in C# to provide extra features to the game. Specifically, I need to determine if the web control in Visual Studio is sufficient for running MZ or if I need to find another solution like a .NET version of CEF.

rpg_el

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not sure such a listing exists, but the requirements should be relatively high: pretty sure at least WebGL with OpenGL ES 2, and WASM support (that one is pretty recent and modern) are required, as well as likely ES6 not by the corescript but by many plugins. I don't think more advanced graphics tech like OpenGL ES 3 or the super new webgpu are required, but I could be wrong.

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure such a listing exists, but the requirements should be relatively high: pretty sure at least WebGL with OpenGL ES 2, and WASM support (that one is pretty recent and modern) are required, as well as likely ES6 not by the corescript but by many plugins. I don't think more advanced graphics tech like OpenGL ES 3 or the super new webgpu are required, but I could be wrong.
Ok, so I tested and the default browser for .NET is Internet Explorer 11. I'm assuming that the chances of that working are zero, so I've got CEF Sharp set up now. Only issue remaining is that I've only got it working in x86, and I'm not sure if MZ needs 64-bit or not.

Edit: Just got 64-bit working. So that part's irrelevant now.

Last edited:

rpg_el

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For what it's worth, my guess would be 32bit and 64bit both is fine. But yeah, while IE11 apparently did have WebGL already (who would have thought!) from googling it seems it has never heard of WASM/WebAssembly, so that likely would have been an issue since e.g. effekseer is WASM-compiled in MZ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone else here think that closets are claustrophobic?
People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D
Holy stink, where have I been? Well, I started my temporary job this week. So less time to spend on game design... :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WeakliestPine56