Creator name: ThePedro004
Genre: Drama & Adventure
Start date: June 2018
Team: ThePedro004
Available Languages :
e2LCqz5.png
mQ3BEaH.png

Introduction
Bruma is a personal project started in June 2018, the story being is written separately to the game in a format known as "fic", the idea of turning the story into a game came when I realized it would be a more attractive and dynamic format of represent the story the way I wanted it. The story is based on sensitive issues in today's society, mainly focused on the lives of young people and the social pressure exerted on them, although the subject seems cliché, I tried to take a different approach and to catch the player, as well as introducing characters with whom he can identify. The game will have no battles as its focus will be purely on the story and characters, so there will be no difficulty in completing the game. But your actions will have consequences.

SCREENSHOTS
VSdPgoE.png

IBIdT4w.jpg

YBPxX3G.png

ONxr0c0.png

lLxvyXX.png

D7fY7jn.png

1I7BAJC.png

Mhmw7Hj.png

uRT33iK.jpg

fTH4h3A.jpg

sNOy7By.jpg

Storyline/Plot
The game takes place in the late 90's in a fictitious town with no specific country, the name of the protagonist is Jesse. Teenager in high school, he lives with his mother in one of the worst neighborhoods in the city, his parents are divorced and while his mother is away most of the time due to work, his father does not care much about him because he lives far away. He meets a red-haired boy shortly after a crying crisis in the school bathroom, the boy introduces himself as Adam, from that moment, Jesse's life begins to change dramatically as he abandons old habits and learns to confront his problems.
The player will accompany Jesse on his journey to reconcile his school and personal life, deal with relationships and problems that hit today's society. The characters in the game deal with various dilemmas that may cause the player to identify with them.
The game is focused on storytelling, there are no battles in the game and most of the time the player will be reading dialogues and trying to keep the protagonist sane. The challenges of the game will be about keeping the protagonist conscious and not going crazy, as there will be a system of "sanity" and "social" in the game. Over time, the protagonist will have to make choices that will define the future of the story and its relationship with the characters. Each character in the game will have a background story that can be explored to the point that Jesse will have an entry in his encyclopedia that tells everything about that character. As the player progresses in history, he will be introduced to new mechanics, including puzzles that can be solved using the player's own knowledge of the story, exploration will be greatly rewarded.The game will also feature several flashbacks which will tell more about the past of the characters, some will only be unlocked through interaction with them. Books and notes can be found and read, Jesse will be able to make decisions that will affect the world around him. Currently the game is in early development and the story is still being written, expect more content in the future. A demo should be released soon.​

The Aesthetics ろ佳ニ
200w.gif
The style of the game was thought to remember the aesthetic derived from the seapunk, vaporwave, in addition to rescuing also the aesthetics of the old computers, everything to value the feeling of nostalgia, the soundtrack is composed mainly of lo-fi hip hop and other musical genres which rescue the feeling of nostalgia in the player, other graphic features like VHS, old PC's, etc are also included. Long live the Retrowave!

Atmosphere
The city of the game is called Sierra Bay, it is inspired by the architecture of the New England states to the northeast of the United States, but despite that, the country of the game is not defined. (This gives more artistic freedom)

Media (Old)

Demo coming out SOON.

ThePedro004

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
New video showing the TitleScreen and Intro (in Portuguese) :

Last edited:

ThePedro004

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
New video showing the protagonist's room in the early game (WIP) :

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

To be released 2021/10/21
Now that I made this "What the MZ RTP is missing" spreadsheet it's itching me to fill some the gaps D:
Aaaaand I completely forgot about the RMMV Chicken Rave my brother decided to implement in a parody of my VERY FIRST UNFINISHED project. We could not escape the chicken rave... The chickens would block the ladder...
I love how I can look up a problem I'm having with my game, find a post from like six years ago that addresses the issue, and the solution provided still works in RPG Maker.
It's times like those that my life feels really easy XD
Change costumes with equipment!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vertette