FlashMagic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am trying to make little notices for my playtesting friends for when i have updated a certain portion of the map. there are no triggers for it, i just want the bubble to show until i delete the event. but the bubble icon just isn't showing up correctly. Still new so i played around with a few settings but still hasn't fixed.

1626204505253.png1626204539132.png

I would also like to use this as a way to show where new events are eligible once I develop the game more. new quests in this city etc. so getting this to work would be awesome!

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The reason the balloon appears like that is because the event is trying to show the balloon every frame, instead of letting it play fully. You should be able to fix it by checking the 'wait of completion' option in the show balloon command.

I actually covered one way to have an event show a balloon in a recent blog tutorial, in case you wanted to try a different method. :)

FlashMagic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I will look at that and try that. thank you

It worked, i just assumed wait for completion was going to make the player not move until the animation stopped.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

FlashMagic, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I merged them for you, but please use the 'edit' option in future posts if you need to add something.

Because you set the event to parallel process, the player isn't affected by the balloon's wait for completion.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am proud of how much my friends are pure talent. This one is making my game possibilities bigger and bigger and I wanna share his word:

Fun fact. Today it's exactly 2600 days since I met my now gf for the first time. Sometimes being a programmer can be really useful. O:)
Is RPG Maker VX (rgss2) still relevant? xD
yo how do I change my profile picture?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza1985