Not open for further replies.

abluescarab

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, everyone.

I'm new to RPG Maker VX Ace (bought in in the Humble Weekly Bundle). I've just started writing my own script to generate and apply a random status effect.

In the GameBattler class, there's a function to add buffs and debuffs (add_buff, add_debuff) that asks for a param_id. Where can I find the different IDs for buffs and debuffs?

I realize I could probably do most of this without scripting, but I want to do it with scripting.

Thanks.  :)

Evgenij

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
You have this in Game_BattlerBase

def mhp;  param(0);   end               # MHP  Maximum Hit Points  def mmp;  param(1);   end               # MMP  Maximum Magic Points  def atk;  param(2);   end               # ATK  ATtacK power  def def;  param(3);   end               # DEF  DEFense power  def mat;  param(4);   end               # MAT  Magic ATtack power  def mdf;  param(5);   end               # MDF  Magic DeFense power  def agi;  param(6);   end               # AGI  AGIlity  def luk;  param(7);   end               # LUK  LUcKThere you can see which ids are used for which param.

So for example def would have the param_id: 3.

abluescarab

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You have this in Game_BattlerBase

def mhp;  param(0);   end               # MHP  Maximum Hit Points  def mmp;  param(1);   end               # MMP  Maximum Magic Points  def atk;  param(2);   end               # ATK  ATtacK power  def def;  param(3);   end               # DEF  DEFense power  def mat;  param(4);   end               # MAT  Magic ATtack power  def mdf;  param(5);   end               # MDF  Magic DeFense power  def agi;  param(6);   end               # AGI  AGIlity  def luk;  param(7);   end               # LUK  LUcKThere you can see which ids are used for which param.So for example def would have the param_id: 3.
That's what those mean? Thanks a lot!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Is this all you need?

abluescarab

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Is this all you need?
Sorry, I went searching but didn't know what forum to post to. Yes, it's all I needed.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Redesigning characters after such a long time feels great. Makes me excited to work on an old game again.
Phone menu to replace main menu WIP:
It's been that long since I wrote a plugin, it took me 4 attempts to realize it's != rather than #. In a 40-line plugin, 20 of those lines being documentation!
Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png
workin on some graphics for my game. was originally planning on doing a cartoony style for the town but I might stick with this instead

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julienrg