Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Some people mistake this for Screen Tearing or Character lag.

Events and the tilemap were rounding extremely low values from "display_x" and "display_y" differently. The tilemap are always rounded up while characters/events are always rounded down.

What do I mean by extremely low values? Because of the formula used to calculate scroll distance (2 ** @scroll_speed / 256.0) the display points can end up being values such as 15.5 pixels.

As mentioned earlier, the tilemap would round this up to 16 while the events would round this down to 15. This would cause events to display 1 pixel away from where they were supposed to.

Github Download

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just tried it out with a smooth scrolling plugin I had installed, works perfectly. This is incredibly helpful, thank you.

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow. I remember this issue. Gee you were fast!!!!

SwiftIllusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
YAY!
Thank you sincerely so much, this was driving me crazy and another RPG Maker thing I thought I just had to deal with.
There were a bunch of things I couldn't do/had to find workaround/looked bad because of that pixel difference, the most basic of those being when you needed events as stand-ins for an extra mapping layer but then it wouldn't align properly. Now it works :D
Really so happy to have this fixed!

Just a small question regarding who to add in credits, is that to you having converted it? or liquidize as in the plugin/original author? Or both.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
YAY!
Just a small question regarding who to add in credits, is that to you having converted it? or liquidize as in the plugin/original author? Or both.
I only really find bugs, isolate them and find why they happen, report them and test them in this case. NeonBlack was the one who originally found the fix and I just requested Liquidize to do it for MV as well. So I guess technically both of them haha.

Drifter92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wow! Thank you. My game feels so much better because of this! :D :D

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is for the quackguyver issue? Nice!

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin fixes the off by 1 error in my extremely low res game I've been making. Events now match the ground!

However, now the player character jitters by 1 pixel a ton when walking. When very zoomed out, it's not an issue, but my game is very, very low res, so even 1 pixel is very noticeable. Is this a known issue, or am I the only one getting it?

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
This plugin fixes the off by 1 error in my extremely low res game I've been making. Events now match the ground!

However, now the player character jitters by 1 pixel a ton when walking. When very zoomed out, it's not an issue, but my game is very, very low res, so even 1 pixel is very noticeable. Is this a known issue, or am I the only one getting it?
I was having same issue, we had to turn it off :(

We use altimits so i figured the issue was with it, since altimits is not friendly to many plugins

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, it's good to know it's not just me.

I've turned off other plugins. This does seem to be an issue with this bug fix, that this fix causes the player sprite to jitter. I've attempted to fix it on my own, trying to locate where the off by 1 error is, adding Math.floor() to other functions to make rounding consistent throughout all code, but with no success.

Hopefully someone with more coding knowledge than me can figure this one out, since this fix is unusable t me right now, due to the constant 1 pixel jittering on the main character. On a high res game, it's not noticeable. But on a super low res game, it is very, very noticeable and distracting.

quackgyver

I make retro games for astrojone.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What's the license for using this plugin? Can it be used freely in commercial projects?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Alright, it's good to know it's not just me.

I've turned off other plugins. This does seem to be an issue with this bug fix, that this fix causes the player sprite to jitter. I've attempted to fix it on my own, trying to locate where the off by 1 error is, adding Math.floor() to other functions to make rounding consistent throughout all code, but with no success.

Hopefully someone with more coding knowledge than me can figure this one out, since this fix is unusable t me right now, due to the constant 1 pixel jittering on the main character. On a high res game, it's not noticeable. But on a super low res game, it is very, very noticeable and distracting.
I also had this same problem and it seems to be related on screen panning? The problem with MV tilemap is very deep and I honestly don't know how else to fix it :/

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, hopefully a fix to this can be found at some time. As it stands right now, my super low res game just can't be made with the jittering.

I do appreciate all the work everyone's put into this! I just know I can't continue work on my game unless this gets fully fixed, which is a shame, as MV is nice to work with.

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tbh, I'd rather have the actor gets all jittery if the events/doors, etc. stay in their places. Unless there is a fix for this minor issue, I wouldn't go against it.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
There is a fix by FUKU that doesn't let both to happen:

However, I noticed that RPG Maker camera is really painful to work with especially if you use pan screen. Even without the fixes or with the fix, the player can move jittery thanks to it. I recommend using stuff like @Galv's camera when you do panning shots instead as it's the only workaround I found that works nicely.

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Doesn't play well with @ mr. Tivel's Dark room covers.

I couldn't take a perfect screenshot so I screenshot a video I took of it. It gives alot of lines through the darkness do to updating.

upload_2019-11-29_17-45-25.png

Any advice?

Attachments

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where do you actually download the Fuku plugin/fix? The Twitter conversation references a plugin, fuku_testpack.js, but with no link. Searching the plugin by name, all I get is Japanese sites, which I don't speak so I cannot easily navigate. I feel I may have missed something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi, there.
I'm Creta Park, as Software engineer and Indie game developer.

Profile : creft.me/cretapark
GitHub : github.com/creta5164
Blog : creta5164.tumblr.com

My stuff

Who shares/sells their scripts/plugins on itch.io? Can I pick your brain?
If you ever need fantasy names and you're bored, make a fictional alphabet. Switch around the letters and see what you get :p
I JUST GOT PROMOTED TO 9TH GRADE BOIS!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanzx