[Bug] Map editor Zoom size issue (1.4.0/1.4.1 - 1.5.0/1.5.1)

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
User: Oscar92player
Maker Version: RPG Maker MV 1.5.0/1.5.1 (Steam Version)
Bug: In previous versions of RPG Maker MV, when you zoomed a map, the sized was saved after closing the application. The result was, when you opened again RPG Maker MV, that the zoom size was the same as before you closed. However, since the 1.4.0/1.4.1 until now, there is a strange issue that, when you adjust a zoom size at 67%, and close the application, in return to it, you see that the zoom size is now at 75%. It only happens with the zoom at 67%, but not with other zoom sizes (for what I saw).
How to Replicate the Bug:
  • Unrar the project.
  • Put the map zoom at 67% using the buttons on the top of the map editor, or using Shift and the mouse wheel.
  • Close the RPG Maker MV, and the open it again.
  • You'll see that the zoom is now at 75%, when in theory the last size was 67%.
Sample project link: Tiny MV Project (1.5.0) Zoom size issue
Other:
  • I know this is a little issue that does not break the experience of RPG Making, but it's an issue after all.
  • The project weight cannot be more compressed than 8.8Mb, exceeding the maximun of 5Mb requisite.
  • Thanks to SRDude for the tiny MV project.

Last edited:

Liquidize

Caffeine Overload
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

Sorry for the long wait. This bug shouldn't be present anymore in the up coming v1.6.0.

- Liquidize

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Archeia @Liquidize This bug still exists in the 1.6.1 Beta version of the engine. I though you said it would be fixed for 1.6.0, but it is not fixed in the latest beta version. Hope this can be solved for the official release.

Thanks in advance.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
The latest BETA version reverted the QT Engine because of the issues the newest version made. So it would take a bit longer to fix this issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am feeling better about my update schedule, I feel like I am actually getting consistent work done even if it isn’t big updates.
It's a joy to work on a well-made map. I am not regretting this commission in the least!
I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lavdiasmylove