Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello guys, i find a really strange Bug or Glitches and i really don't understand how to fix it, i'll explain.

I'm creating a Zelda Style Action Game, i use Quasi Movement for pixel movement, but this bug is not a question of plugin, because i have it in any project when i use

parallel process and pictures or movement route.

In my custom game, i use parallel process to let hero use sword or ability as an action game, and the same thing for the menù.

Everything work perfectly but only in the first boot of the game, when you open the menù or use for the fist time an item, the parallel process who let hero Attack or Roll, have a glitch and Lag

for the first action, then everything is ok.
If you look the video, when there's the Red Arrow you can see the first action Laggin then it works, this happend for everything.
(With everything i mean parallel process who do something like show pictures or movement route)

There's a way to understand why do that, and how to fix it?
Best

PS: I have try it also comiled version, in different ways, Osx, Win, Browser...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks like you wrote the parallel process in a way that creates a lot of lag, and lag is cumulative.

And all resources needed to be loaded before they can be used, that creates additional lag at launch and when changing large maps or large music files.

So your computer can barely handle the lag from the parallel process if there is not much else going on, but adding that parallel process to the loading times is too much for the computer/engine.

You cannot change the load problem (unless you're using a preload manager that forces everything to wait until the load is complete), but you might want to post screenshots of the parallel process here to see if we can give you advice on optimizing it.

In a lot of cases it is enough to increase the wait by one or two (I how you didn't do that parallel process without waits? no matter what the player doesn't need to attack sixty times per second)

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i see... 

I have like 6 or 7 parallel process active, on browser the game is impossibile to play, it's lag a lot.

The plugin preload manager don't work i dont know why the "now loading" stay on the screen forever.
I have a Mac, and RMMV 1.2.0 

Thanks for your answer

CyndaBytes

Creator and Destroyer of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
You can try the Galenmereth's Preload Manager. That plugin forces the resource loading and it could reduce the lag.

Also I noticed that Fluid Timestep of Rpg Maker MV 1.1 or better destroys my performance. You can try with this Yanfly's Fix: Fps Sinch Option.
It did not work for me. So i returned to Rpg Maker MV 1.0 libraries (rpg .js files in js folder).

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the preload manager stops at now loading, in most cases it cannot read one of the files - and again in most cases that is caused by the filename not conforming to networking rules. But that is a part where you have to test yourself until you identified the problematic file, we can't look through your computer.

If you have six or seven parallel processes, then these are definately a cause for lag - to work, you'll need to solve their timing problems and assign each of them the exact number of waits needed for minimum lag (which unfortunately again can only be determined by testing).

Just for your info if you didn't understand why waits are so important for parallel processes:

By default, all parallels are executed sixty times per second - which is usually not needed as no player can input that fast, and requires a lot of processing power for complex PPs.

Using waits tells the parallel process to skip a number of those frames and not process itself in them. That of course reduces lag by reducing the amount of processing, but too much waits and the process waits on itself instead of being laggy.

I suggest you follow the link to the bughunting tutorial in my signature, it will also give you the background on timing problems and might help you to streamline your parallel processes. Because you can reduce a lot of lag by combining their functions (for example, have only one process wait for player input and have that single PP handle all different keys instead of one parallel per key - that will reduce lag as well)

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yhank you @Andar i understand now the parallel process optimization, in my project they are really optimized and i try to putsome "waits" but if a do that i lost my functions, i use rpg maker from the very first version, in all engines i neve had problems like this one, also i'm not a developer so i cant write in JS...
My game works in 60fps with no lag or something wrong, just the little glithces on boot, using for the first time an item.
I tryto figure it out a little bit more, but i think i cant do nothing...
Thank you for your support.

All the best

EDIT:

Dear

@Andar

I'm trying to find out the problem of the preloader, i show the console log and the result is this

errpr.png

So i image there's a file who break the process.

I have try to:

Deactivate common events
Copy the map and delete events one by one

The game start when all events are deleted, the common events are ok.
It's really strange i can't find out what to do.

Best

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally showing some updates again
I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drekex