(Bug?) Problem with created game package

Discussion in 'VNMaker Support' started by BBBen, Dec 6, 2017.

1. BBBen

BBBen Villager

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    It seems that my game has problems after I export the game package (for Windows, at least). Everything works fine in the test version, but then when I try exporting it and running the exported version it always skips the first four messages of the game. I think it's skipping some others later, too, but I haven't thoroughly tested it yet. Is this a bug or something I can fix?

2. Isabella Ava

Isabella Ava Veteran

First Language:
    English
    sure can, post screenshot of your event pages for those 4 messages as well your plugin list so i can take a look

3. BBBen

BBBen Villager

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Ah, the plugins. I hadn't thought of that. I've attached screenshots of both. The first message to show up is the "I feel like that's the story of my life" one.

I've got the third one, "What? I'm almost..." set up with a {Y:I}{Y:NI} at the start because for some reason if I don't do that it always starts in italics. It was doing that before I installed any plugins, too.

screenshot1.jpg screenshot2.jpg

4. Isabella Ava

Isabella Ava Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hmm no clue but maybe those ones which didn't show up because of {Y:I} symbol at the start of the message?

5. BBBen

BBBen Villager

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I don't think that's it. I only put the italics in just now, but I was having the problem earlier too. As it stands it's a pretty big problem. I can't release the game in this condition.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  6. BBBen

BBBen Villager

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I think I've tracked down the problem. It's the Super Message Editor plugin - sometimes its messages don't load and sometimes they do. I've just purged them all from the game and it works now.