Nimbus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I've come across a really odd bug in RPG Maker MV. If I have Photoshop open and I switch over to MV, whenever I go back to Photoshop my pressure sensitivity for my drawing tablet suddenly stops working. I have to restart Photoshop for it to work again. It doesn't happen with any other software, and I've pinpointed the issue to happen every single time I switch windows from Photoshop to RPGMaker MV to Photoshop. It starts working immediately after restarting Photoshop so it's not game-breaking, but it is still quite annoying.

I have a rather cheap drawing tablet that seems to be very finicky with its sensitivity so I'm not necessarily surprised. But I figured I'd report the issue on the off-chance that anyone happens to run into something similar. Here are the related specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate Edition

Nvidia GTX 760 (driver up to date)
Adobe Photoshop CS3

Genius MousePen 8x6 Drawing Tablet (using the latest available driver)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can anyone else reproduce/confirm this? I'd like to determine if it's something with MV that happens with any version of Photoshop and any drawing tablet, or if it's specific to this combination.

Nimbus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, I have a bit of an unusual setup. I've never even met anyone else who owns the same tablet. When I get the chance, I'll see if I can try to reproduce this with a different tablet / different version of Photoshop to help narrow it down.

Jory4001

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I can confirm this. But rpgmaker mv is not the only program i've had this issue with.

I have an old wacom bamboo and intuos.

KisaiTenshi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Just FYI. If you have a WACOM tablet, it installs an extension into Chrome. This isn't something that is within MV's control. Other tablets might do different things. WACOM tablets only invoke the "pressure" mode in software that is using the API for it, while other tablets might map the pressure mode to mouse on/off outside of the application, so it's possible that it doesn't switch back if a program is constantly polling the mouse position. Check your settings.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

5 months and no progression at all, i love me.
1.6 update incoming with quality breakthrough! :kaoluv:

1643254634071.png
I might try the mechanical bull at the fair on Friday... for one of the challenges, if you stay on for two minutes, you win $200. I might give that a try and see if I win--I'm pretty good at holding on to things.
Remaking a more streamlined version of my Remote Move map skill in MZ, just one switch and one variable to handle everything. If you seen the Move skill in Golden Sun before, moving far away items with your mind is pretty cool

MZtestRemoteMove.gif
I don't want to brag or anything but I was entertaining a woman the other night. I told her jokes while she bandaged my foot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dracoonix