Parlu10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone, I'm writing you because I found a bug that I don't know how to fix:
During a particular battle, the player initially uses just one character, however during the battle two other characters join to help him. However, when they join the battle, this happens:
IMG_20210421_094050.jpg
Anyone know how this can be solved?
Thanks in advance!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it depends on your battleplugin and what method you use to summon the actor.

if you change the battlesystem with plugins, this often means that actors require new data to handle the changes, and any summoning will only work if the summoning method knows what data it has to add.
for that reason all the different summoning plugins out there usually only work with the battleplugins they were intended to handle, and any other combination of plugins has a high chance of breaking them one way or the other.

please post screenshots of the event you use to add the actor, and of your plugin manager with all plugins and their order. only then we can help you.

Parlu10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the combat system, I use Yanfly's plugins, more specifically the STB battle system.
Instead for the invocation I didn't use any plugins, I just added the two characters using "Change Party Member" in a battle event.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the information, but as Andar already said, please post screenshots of the event and your plugin list. The two most common causes of errors is doing something incorrectly in the event or having plugins in the wrong order, and you didn't give either piece of information.

The other thing I'd suggest you check - did you change the party size in Yanfly's Battle Engine?

Parlu10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Scarlet Shadow v 0.5.9 - RPG Maker MV 21_04_2021 17_53_52.png
This is the event; I just used "Change Party Member" to add the two characters in the middle of the fight.

Scarlet Shadow v 0.5.9 - RPG Maker MV 21_04_2021 17_57_18.pngScarlet Shadow v 0.5.9 - RPG Maker MV 21_04_2021 17_57_28.pngScarlet Shadow v 0.5.9 - RPG Maker MV 21_04_2021 17_57_36.pngScarlet Shadow v 0.5.9 - RPG Maker MV 21_04_2021 17_58_13.pngScarlet Shadow v 0.5.9 - RPG Maker MV 21_04_2021 17_58_18.png

These are all the plugins I use. They never gave me any problem anyway; and if they did I managed to solve them anyway. I don't think is problem of the plugins though

Parlu10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The other thing I'd suggest you check - did you change the party size in Yanfly's Battle Engine?
No, it's 4 like the default party size.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Um...holy cow those screens of plugins :eek:

With that many plugins in your project, there's an excellent chance one of them is conflicting with something else and causing this bug in battler positioning during an event.

If you turn off all of the plugins and test the battle, do you have the same problem?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
A few YF plugins are in the wrong order: Your Item Synthesis plugin should be below the ItemRequirements plugin. Your Options Core should be below the XMapQuestWindow plugin, followed by FPSSyncOption, followed by EventMiniLabel, EventProxActivation, Base Troop Events, CreditsPage, GabWindow, GridFreeDoodads and only then you have IconBalloons. And that should be followed directly by keyboardConfig.
Please check the Plugin order at the wiki.

Not saying this will fix your problem, but who knows it might?

Parlu10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A few YF plugins are in the wrong order: Your Item Synthesis plugin should be below the ItemRequirements plugin. Your Options Core should be below the XMapQuestWindow plugin, followed by FPSSyncOption, followed by EventMiniLabel, EventProxActivation, Base Troop Events, CreditsPage, GabWindow, GridFreeDoodads and only then you have IconBalloons. And that should be followed directly by keyboardConfig.
Please check the Plugin order at the wiki.

Not saying this will fix your problem, but who knows it might?
I changed the order but that didn't fix the problem T.T

If you turn off all of the plugins and test the battle, do you have the same problem?
When I turn off all the plugins I don't have the problem. However, I noticed that the issue occurs whenever I add the first character in the event before the battle, because he's not placed in the first slot of the party, but in the second slot.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I turn off all the plugins I don't have the problem.
Well, that gives you a big chunk of your answer - it is definitely from one of your smörgåsbord plugins, either with a mistake in the configuration or conflicting with another. Re-enable your plugins one at a time, testing the event each time, until you isolate which plugin causes the bug.

Parlu10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, that gives you a big chunk of your answer - it is definitely from one of your smörgåsbord plugins, either with a mistake in the configuration or conflicting with another. Re-enable your plugins one at a time, testing the event each time, until you isolate which plugin causes the bug.
I've been able to solve the problem by using a script call:
Code:
$gameParty.swapOrder(0, $gameParty.members().length - 1)

Do i have to notify someone to close the discussion?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to report your post to close the discussion. However, if that's what solved it, then you still have a problem prior to battles.

You are either using a party plugin and have set an actor position to fixed/locked, or you have set up your starting party incorrectly, by deleting unwanted starting members from the Actors tab instead of the System tab. Both are likely to cause other problems, so it would probably be better to figure out which one it is and fix it, then you won't need to use that workaround.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you click Report on the original post and type in that the issue is resolved, a mod will close it.

I would continue to suggest you pinpoint the issue - it's kind of like slapping a Band-aid over your finger so it's not bleeding, but you're hemorrhaging inside ;) If there are conflicting plugins that caused this issue randomly, chances are good you'll have other issues down the line if you don't actually isolate the problem.

Good luck with your game!

Parlu10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know that one of Yanfly's Plugins is probably causing the problem, however understanding what it is and replacing it would take a lot more time (that I don't really have during this period) than just using the script call method. That's why I think that's fine for now.
Thank you anyway for your huge help!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Parlu10 please read Shaz' post above.

I strongly suspect that you have a deleted/invisible actor in your starting party, and correcting that is the easiest way as it has nothing to do with plugins, but with your database settings.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
understanding what it is and replacing it would take a lot more time (that I don't really have during this period) than just using the script call method.

Will you have more time later to troubleshoot issues that this will cause because you don't fix it now? I'm not sure others would want to spend time doing it for you, and then find out that you had a chance to prevent them but chose not to.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just did some math and... apparently what seemed to be a little fun gimmick turned out to be an 80+ actors project :kaoswt2:
Yay! the original character contest 3 pack is here!
Both MV and MZ looks very good, congratulation for both RMW and Tkool participant!
I definitely can add these characters to use for my game project.

Steam link
The worst part of game development has to be marketing. Ugh...
May be starting a new job in a month or so. The thought is both exciting and terrifying.
Not like a rollercoaster though. Rollercoasters are just terrifying.
"Merchants don't sell you a product. They sell you something RIGHT NOW. That's all they're selling, the product of having what you want RIGHT NOW and not having to wait for it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquez19marissa