J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there someone who is more versed in the aspect of making mini games? I need help, ive tried on my own but i simply cannot wrap my head around it currently, been dealing with health complications again. My mind is just simply not able to create what i invision.
Basically Im trying to create a mini game similar to the power test they have in carnivals or fairs, where the person uses a mallet of some kind and strikes the cushion thing as hard as possible and then the bell goes up based on how hard they hit.
I wanted to have like a power bar where the meter goes up and down at a set rate, then after a second bar starts running but this one would be for accuracy. Afterwards the image of the mallet would hit the cushion and the bell would go up. If not maybe even like a digital power meter would be fine if it means less work.
Can anyone help me with this?

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should check out this great tutorial. It's not exactly what you are asking for, in terms of the specifics, but, you could absolutely change this system to make it do what you're asking.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok i will check it out and hopefully I can understand it. Thank you

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok i will check it out and hopefully I can understand it. Thank you
After you read it and try it out, you can post some screenshots of your event code and 2 me and I'll check it out. It's a lot of setting variables and a little bit of math, but it's not as hard as it seems at first glance. I just took it one step at a time.

The one thing I will say is that it would probably be best to recreate the event exactly as it is shown and then modify it to fit your needs, once you have it down. Also remember that you can copy and paste common events! Using multiple copies of an event is like having multiple save files, if something goes wrong, you can easily revert back to your last step.

Reactions: J-G

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After you read it and try it out, you can post some screenshots of your event code and 2 me and I'll check it out. It's a lot of setting variables and a little bit of math, but it's not as hard as it seems at first glance. I just took it one step at a time.

The one thing I will say is that it would probably be best to recreate the event exactly as it is shown and then modify it to fit your needs, once you have it down. Also remember that you can copy and paste common events! Using multiple copies of an event is like having multiple save files, if something goes wrong, you can easily revert back to your last step.
True, im currently creating my own images to use. It will probably a few days for me to do it all, as i said before, health issues and all. Unless i feel decent then maybe sooner.

Edit
So today ive managed to create most of it. Now im trying to figure out how i can use this to measure power based on the location. Thanks a lot for your help getting me this far.

Last edited:

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so i got it to work all perfectly now. now the hard part will be how to depict a proportional method of how much power the player is able to hit the mallet based on how far they are from the sweet spot. Any ideas on how i can do this??

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so i got it to work all perfectly now. now the hard part will be how to depict a proportional method of how much power the player is able to hit the mallet based on how far they are from the sweet spot. Any ideas on how i can do this??
Galv has an amazing plugin called variable bars. It works to create a makeshift gauge from pictures. It uses variables to control how full, or empty, the gauge is. By using the same variables that you're using in youre location checks, you can create a bar that fill and empties as the cursor moves.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
mmm i would need some good math to figure it out, my hit spot is always in the middle of the bar. so the variables would need to apply to both directions, lol

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
mmm i would need some good math to figure it out, my hit spot is always in the middle of the bar. so the variables would need to apply to both directions, lol
I'll take a look at how I set mine up later tonight.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
okay i got it. now im just tweaking stuff, but the main issue is find a good way to display the animation without it being blurry. let me see if i can record what i mean and upload it so you can see what i mean.

EDIT:

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I couldn't help myself, so I edited the tiles a bit and made a birdhouse :LZSsmile: I hope I will finish the town today!Screenshot 2021-09-17 134349.png
How do I find the threads I have watched? It's been so long I've forgotten :kaoswt:
So far, this is how the wall tileset its looking in-editor. :kaoswt2:
1631863283853.png
Still thinking on details to add.
Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.
Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unit435