Building sizes vs Interior sizes

swickster

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Do you think people will have an issue with my game if I have smaller exteriors than interiors? I know it's done that way often with JRPGs but my game is a Survival Horror. Examples:

My character standing outside a cabin and walking around in the same cabin:

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Personally, the aspect ration doesn't bother me so much, as long as the interior map follows the same basic shape of the outside image. Some wall changes are fine, so things don't look too boxy. But if the outside is shaped like an 'L' and the inside is shaped like an 'S' I have issue.

BTW, I think your interior map looks really good.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think as long as you use a consistent ratio most will be ok with it. I went with the standard that one outside tile = 2 inside tiles and my players didn't express any issues with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hope y'all are staying healthy, safe and informed. Maybe pick up a new hobby or skill while you're at it.
Wanted to post a video of location i've finished but it doesn't work...
The game jam has done a lot of good in actually kicking my butt into action. I've even gotten over my crippling hatred of mapping thanks to it! :LZSexcite:

(Okay, there's also schoolwork forcing me to get on the computer, but I like to give credit where credit is due.)
Decided to start working on my second biome/area...

I'm sure I'll end up hating and changing things a whole lot over the next week. :LZSexcite:
I feel bad sometimes around others, I hate, and I mean HATE being touched, and I know they don't know I hate it so much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiive