RhysO101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I play RotMG (Realm of the Mad God (A bullet hell MMO)) frequently on Kongregate (because that's where I'm used to).

I feel like making games with similar mechanics to that game.

I basically want a shmup style action battle system including diagonal movement.

How I would like it to work:

1 (or more) ability/ies at once (Like in the original)

States' icons appear above their character until the state is gone.

Weapon's projectile is it's icon (can be changed)

You can change how many shots a weapon fires at a time or change the fire rate.

You can easily change enemy AIs.

You can modify the enemy projectiles (projectile range and speed, damage, etc.).

You can't sprint, but your speed increases with your AGI.

Enemy's loot comes in a bag (Like in the original too).

This kind of game is unique when inserted into an RPG, throwing in more action-based elements.

Here's a brief example of what I want (Made in MS Paint):

Last edited by a moderator:

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
Not everyone is playing the same game as you do,

so a link to it, or snapshots showing what you want, or even better, a video showing what you want, will help the script writer understand more.

and what you said about "you can use the sprite because the game is free" is not correct. A free game has its TOS as well. You may play the game for free, but you might not be allowed to distribute it freely outside the original site. Nor will you be able to use the CONTENTS of the game freely. You will require permission from the original author to do that.

RhysO101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Not everyone is playing the same game as you do,

so a link to it, or snapshots showing what you want, or even better, a video showing what you want, will help the script writer understand more.

and what you said about "you can use the sprite because the game is free" is not correct. A free game has its TOS as well. You may play the game for free, but you might not be allowed to distribute it freely outside the original site. Nor will you be able to use the CONTENTS of the game freely. You will require permission from the original author to do that.
but most of the graphics are royalty-free game graphics.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but most of the graphics are royalty-free game graphics.
That has nothing to do with the TOS.
For example, all RTP graphics from all Makers are also royalty-free, but they can only legally be used in a RPG-Maker Engine. Outside use is forbidden by the EULA (which defines the terms-of-use/service).

By the way - have you checked the existing ABS scripts if anything is near what you want? Because creating an ABS-Script is several months of work for a good scripter, and unless you find a scripter who likes the same game you do it's unlikely that you get that work for free.

Even simple (non-ABS) battlesystems are so much work that in the classified area the scripters offering paid work either refuse to write them or demand several hundred dollars depending on details...

RhysO101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That has nothing to do with the TOS.

For example, all RTP graphics from all Makers are also royalty-free, but they can only legally be used in a RPG-Maker Engine. Outside use is forbidden by the EULA (which defines the terms-of-use/service).

By the way - have you checked the existing ABS scripts if anything is near what you want? Because creating an ABS-Script is several months of work for a good scripter, and unless you find a scripter who likes the same game you do it's unlikely that you get that work for free.

Even simple (non-ABS) battlesystems are so much work that in the classified area the scripters offering paid work either refuse to write them or demand several hundred dollars depending on details...
But I'm lazy, I don't like searching for scripts.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
With that last response, I am sure many scripter would die to help you out. :D

On a more serious note...

You would rather ask a scripter to make a new ABS script for you which can take several months of writing/testing/documenting/presenting, than to search for an existing ABS script which might do all what you want already?

RhysO101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
With that last response, I am sure many scripter would die to help you out. :D

On a more serious note...

You would rather ask a scripter to make a new ABS script for you which can take several months of writing/testing/documenting/presenting, than to search for an existing ABS script which might do all what you want already?
Now I don't want a fancy HUDs like what you usually get because they take longer to make use of.

RhysO101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
BTW Does anyone know an ABS with similar gameplay elements like what I have said?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
RhysO101, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to add something, use the edit button (bottom right of the post, near the MultiQuote button) and add it to your previous post.

I think - despite your self-proclaimed laziness - you will have to look yourself.  Only you know exactly what you are looking for.  People who answer queries here do so in their free time (no one is paid to answer queries) and they have many other commitments as well.  You cannot expect others to do your basic searching for you.  

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now I don't want a fancy HUDs like what you usually get because they take longer to make use of.
Why do you think a HUD would be the work? The HUD would be the simplest part and probably finished in a few days at max.
The big problem would be getting the "bullets" displayed on map and collision checks on all of them - THAT will take months to program and test, especially if you're talking about dozens of bullets from all sides.

All ABS that I know of make only single, directed shots - for good reasons. There might be something else that could handle more shots - but that would have to be searched for.

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
What you want exceed what an ABS can do. What you want is closer to STG.

But since you claimed yourself to be lazy...

You better get yourself ready for the work to do in a STG system.

RhysO101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What you want exceed what an ABS can do. What you want is closer to STG.

But since you claimed yourself to be lazy...

You better get yourself ready for the work to do in a STG system.
Yeah, I want a STG with RPG elements.

RhysO101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bumped because not solved.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
RhysO101, please do not bump your topic unless it has been 72 hours later since your last post. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

You need a little bit of patience.  Please remember that as this is an international forum people are in different time zones, with different work/leisure/sleep patterns.  Also, those who answer queries here do so in their free time and have other commitments they need to fulfill.  That 72 hour buffer is there for a good reason.

Maybe use the time you are waiting to look for one?

RhysO101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I searched google for shmup scripts but I can't find anything, just more requests.

Is it impossible? I know I saw a few full games that are RPG Maker shoot em ups.

I guess I have no choice but to wait for someone to make a shmup script.

Also...

Please do not bump your topic unless it has been 72 hours later since your last post. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

72 hours? Do the rules really think I am that patient?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
72 hours? Do the rules really think I am that patient?
They do.  

And it is worth pointing out that you might need to be even more patient at the moment as many scripters are busy getting scripts ready of the release of MV on Friday.  Plus, making any battle script of any complexity takes several months of work (which is why few people make them and even fewer make them free) so you will have ample opportunity to develop your patience even further.

RoseofCrimson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I could not be a mod...

This one is a handful. Kudos for *not* putting him on ice after his last post. That would have been a lock, or a 72 hour ban from me.

Rhys, your laziness needs to be reflected on. One does not make anything good rushing with half thought ideas and theories. If someone wanted to play a bullet hell why would they deem yours as important if you cant even do your own footwork? There are tons of ways to emulate things on your own and if you -just- want to make a bullet hell you can accomplish it through events easier than scripting possibly. Play around with the maker commands and variables on your own and you'll get a general understanding of how things work on an intermediate level. The more thought and love you put in your project the more it shines.

If I were you I'd apologize* to everyone for your rude and childish behavior. You're asking for help and simultaneously are biting the hand that can feed you. Noone would ever want to help someone with such mean responses. You also spit on the face of the mods while doing so ostracizing you further from any potential integration into this community.

[Edit for slight grammar correction.]

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you want to do a bullet hell rpg I think you have some engines which would be more adapted to what you're looking for, especially if you don't care about having a fancy HUD.

There is still a problem though : they will still require you to actually work on it.

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
Even when i have no interest in MV (been with Unity for a long time now).

There's still no reason to make a system already made by someone else ages ago.

A STG script is above intermediate level for a RM developer, if you don't have the power to FIND them. I doubt you have the power to USE them.

And most of them only come with basic materials, you will need to do the rest of the work to make it pretty, both script side and graphical side.

If you are lazy and want everything ready made for you, you will either need to be REALLY patient here on the request forum, or cough up a few hundred dollars to hire someone at the classified forum.(even few hundreds might not get you a script writer there, so good luck with it)

RoseofCrimson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It's possible. A friend of mine accomplished it in 2008 using VX. I'm certain it could easily be done with events in 2003 as well.

It's not a new concept

Google is your friend

Yet, it can be refined more in engines which can not be named. You're most definitely not the type suited for game design even as a hobby, because you lack the patience and passion for it. The other methods are will be far more tedious than the RM ones. My advice... give up now and save yourself the time.  If you're really serious open the maker and either teach yourself the event processes needed to emulate, pay someone with knowledge of coding with the maker, or make an easier project.

You may find another path an easier... one that involves google search.

Nah, impossible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Do you think the new RPG Maker MZ has support for Android devices ?
JDgoldvox wrote on Mr. Detective's profile.
hey, could u help me with a problem? basically, How do I delete a character from a map after a cut scene is over? I am really new with RPG maker MV. Please help!
The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duxcoffee