Does this plugin fullfill some of your needs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The default value of discounts parameter was propably undefined in the previous version and the first letter of undefined is 'u'. As string position counter starts at 0, I guess calling the eval()-function on "undefined" brought up this weird message.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the final question, can you use items to get the item? and if so, what code can i use for it?

Like, i have some quest and the reward is a ticket (to trade for its own item that than turn on a switch in a common event)
idk if that is possible though. or i will figure a way around for that.

Also thank you for the explaination of "0" and "u"

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon: Sorry, but this plugin does and will not support that option, because it goes beyond my knowlegde of the default engine and javascript.
I use YEP_X_MoreCurrencies in my own project for having items as currency to other items, but this would require (YEP_CoreEngine and YEP_ShopMenuCore) and I am not sure if it would be compatible with NPCDialogueShop.
If you wouldn't mind I would suggest you to use other events for the ticket trade instead of a shop.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I figure a way around to deal with it, while you can use js in your shop as a condition :) I know you wont add it
because it can break alot of things and harder to deal off. was just a question and its break with the shop core of yanfly

gambitben

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
upload_2019-6-17_14-49-51.png

Ok, I think I got it XD In line 802 you wrote
$dataWe4apons instead of $dataWeapons :rhappy: classic typo ^^

I feel like a pro even tho the fix was obvious :rswt

Amazing plugin by the way, can't stress enough how good it is.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I never looked at the code and didn't try seling armor or weapons, most errors becomes when its the plugin order
to place it higher and lower ^^ but nice catch though =)

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've corrected the typo now also in my version and reuploaded it.
Thanks for finding the error.
I must admit I haven't tested every feature added newly to the plugin in detail. Sorry.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i corrected the typo here so i dont download if there is nothing new in it :) but usefull for new users trying it out :)

NikkiKaji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello! When I create a new project and deploy it, the plugin works fine on a new save file. However, when a save file is loaded, I get this error:

Attachments

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@NikkiKaji do you use other plugins by any chance? do you use other shop plugins? did you setup the shop correctly?
did you try to move it up or down the list if you use more plugins or is this the only one?

if so, its best to put the console logg as well (press F8 for the console log) so its better for him to fix it if there is a bug.

NikkiKaji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@NikkiKaji do you use other plugins by any chance? do you use other shop plugins? did you setup the shop correctly?
did you try to move it up or down the list if you use more plugins or is this the only one?

if so, its best to put the console logg as well (press F8 for the console log) so its better for him to fix it if there is a bug.
I had plugins in my original project, so I created a brand new one and only put this plugin in it, but still got the same error. Weirdly enough, it only happens after the game is deployed. I created a save file and loaded it through the playtest and it worked fine, but when I deployed it, created a new file, and then loaded it, it didn't work. Here's the console:

Attachments

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@NikkiKaji Did you had any items for sell before deployment? Items, Weapons, Armor?
and or only items or weapons or armor? this can narrow down, but its weird that the error comes
after deployment, it looks like either a missing piece in the params of the items (if not for discount),
or string missing which is not compleet.

Can you explain exacly what you did before deploying? because this can narrow down the bug when he comes
back and check it out. also tag (@)BurningOrca with it by than, so he will check it out for you and also try to find
and fix the bug so he knows where to look at ^^

NikkiKaji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ShadowDragon @BurningOrca Before deployment, I created three different shops: one that sold items, one that sold weapons, and one that sold armor. The first three images below is how I set them up in the parameters. However, this time around, when I did the playtest, the error actually occurred when I load a save file (I have no idea why it didn't the first time...). I deployed the game and started a new save file, and all three shops worked fine and I was able to open each shop and purchase the items from these shops successfully. I saved the game, exited, loaded the save file, and could no longer access the item, weapon, or armor shops, getting the same error message for all three. I deleted that save file, created another new one, and they worked again. Same happened in the playtest. Hopefully the picture explanation I gave at the bottom helps out a bit too :)

Attachments

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@NikkiKaji I test it on everything, but it seems to working fine though, can you check this for me if its there or not (see image)sample.png
Item params, double click on either item you made and on text, on the very end should be } and see if its there.
if it does, than I have no clue why it gives an error, do you deploy with encrypted files and/or audio? or nothing checked?
for windows, mac, android?

NikkiKaji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@NikkiKaji I test it on everything, but it seems to working fine though, can you check this for me if its there or not (see image)View attachment 117943
Item params, double click on either item you made and on text, on the very end should be } and see if its there.
if it does, than I have no clue why it gives an error, do you deploy with encrypted files and/or audio? or nothing checked?
for windows, mac, android?
Yep, all of the items have the "}" at the end of them. The deployment has no encrypted files and is for windows. Is there any way you could maybe send me a file of your project, or I could send you a file of mine? At this point i'm lost as to what could be causing this ;-;

Edit: Oh yeah and forgot to mention, I'm still getting the errors even when i don't deploy the game.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For all players new and reading this.

when using the plugin command: open shopname (Do not use the command close shopname)
which causes an error after loading a saved savefile :)

Read the help file carefully.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's ackward, what did I do wrong that I cannot reproduce this issue?
If I use CloseShop shopname it works fine even after loading a save file.
I use the version I uploaded 2 days ago to fix the typo.
If there is an issue with the CloseShop command I really like to fix it, but if I cannot reproduce this I cannot fix it.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BurningOrca there is no plugin issue, however, there a slightly type on the very bottom on the console logs saying: BO_shps :p
but its a win10 issue, which you cant do anything. However, the event used was OpenShop "shopname"
and directly below CloseShop "shopname" which cause 1 issue, the other issue on the save file worked fine here,
but not on her system, she gave the download to a friend also using win10 and working there fine as well.

I try if possible to find the cause for her sake why her win10 dont handle files correctly so i took her in private chat to avoid
a long list here :) So its very hard for you to reproduce this issue. so dont worry ^^

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@ShadowDragon: Sorry, but this plugin does and will not support that option, because it goes beyond my knowlegde of the default engine and javascript.
I use YEP_X_MoreCurrencies in my own project for having items as currency to other items, but this would require (YEP_CoreEngine and YEP_ShopMenuCore) and I am not sure if it would be compatible with NPCDialogueShop.
If you wouldn't mind I would suggest you to use other events for the ticket trade instead of a shop.
Hello @BurningOrca! I actually have some input about the above! I am running Yanfly CoreEngine, Yanfly ShopMenuCore and YEP_X_MoreCurrencies, mjshi's NPCDialogueShop, Silva's Display Item Picture Addon to the NPCDialogueShop and your own plugin--and they DO work together! There are only minor incompatibilities that I was hoping to have ironed out between mjshi and yourself with Yanfly's.

So, weird thing. I ran into a compatibility issue with your plugin and YEP_X_MoreCurrencies. It's minor, at least I believe it is, I'm no javascriptor in the slightest. The 'sold out' text does not display but the gray out does.

I tested this by moving your plugin around, turning all the shop plugins on and off until I narrowed this down, but the issue does seem to be with YEP_X_MoreCurrencies and this plugin. With Yanfly's ShopMenuCore and MoreCurrencies both turned off, it works fine with NPCDialogueShop. It also displays the 'sold out' text if I just have YEP_ShopMenuCore and the other shop plugins active but with YEP_X_MoreCurrencies turned off.

Also, I thought maybe I just had an outdated version of your Shops plugin so I downloaded what I presumed was the most recent link in this forum, and ran into some errors in the description of the plugin that make discerning this confusing. It states in the short description box in the Plugin Manager tab ingame that I have version 1.4--but when I enter the plugin it states that it is version 1.5 in the description box. Scrolling down further to the update history ends at version 1.4. Was this just an oversight when the new plugin update was posted?

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, sorry, it was an oversight.

Problem.PNG
I guess I see your problem. Yanfly's more currencies is drawing it's stuff over my 'sold out' texts. It worked fine for items
that do not use a different currency.

Real Problem.PNG
After a further test I saw your real problem. When Yanfly does not draw the gold, because the item has no gold price
then my sold out is also not drawn.

I will see what I can do about this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So in my stream for the No Travel Game Jam, I mentioned we were going to do a teaching make a game from beginning to end series of streams, but it had to wait on an announcement I couldn't make yet before I could start... Keep your eyes on our twitter tonight.
Surprise extra Text Adventure session! Feel free to drop by!
I just started parallax mapping. Better results for sure, but a lot more time consuming. It's more fun than I thought though.
After a bit of away time due to virus and friends in crisis (friends get priority!) I think things have calmed enough for me to try to resume my activity everywhere. :kaoluv:(I still been working on projects though!)
After watching 'Whisper Of The Heart' I've got the song 'Country roads' stuck in my head.
Don't mind it so much as that I was singing today at my Church. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starshot90