Does this plugin fullfill some of your needs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh! Look at that! I didn't know about the issue with the multiple currencies blotting out the 'sold out' text! XD Wonderful catch there, @BurningOrca!

And yes, the one I noticed dealt with when prices were at '0', though I didn't realize that was the issue at the time! I've been testing out plugins and how they operate in my game so I didn't even assign prices to anything so I can just jump in the game and see how everything looks, then exit and tweak some more parameters. So, yes! After assigning price value's to my items the 'sold out' text does display.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Guardinthena:
I updated the plugin to workaround the issue with YEP_X_MoreCurrencies.
Fixed.PNG
Sold Out will now overrule the more currencies. If the only price of the item is gold I will still display the gold icon.
If it has any other currency assigned I will just display 'Sold out'. It didn't work any other way.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your resolution of the issue is perfectly fine with me, @BurningOrca! Thank you so much for such a timely and speedy response and fix! I didn't think it would be resolved so fast!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When playing around, I also find a nice work around to make a switchshop of it ^^
so can can use it in a nice way, but while i dont use gold, I replace gold to reward item.

than when you buy an item, you activate a switch ^^
but this can also make more possibilities in the way I set it up.

So many possibilities, and with this fix, you make lots of peoples happy that use this plugin.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually I found some issues myself with just YEP_ShopMenuCore and YEP_X_MoreCurrencies even without my plugin, that I think are actually oversights by Yanfly and I also found out that I did oversee some of the same things in my plugin, too.
It's when you use custom selling prices.

First: Yanfly has this notetag and I completely ignored it:
Selling Price.PNG
or just <Sell Price: 15>

With v1.7 I changed my way to determine the selling price, so that:
1. If UseCustomSellingPrice Plugin Parameter is true, take Selling Price from plugin parameters.
2. If Selling Price from Yanfly Notetag is given, take this one.
3. If Custom Buying Price is given in the plugin parameters, take half of this one.
4. Take half of regular price

Second Issue: Can be reproduced with YEP_ShopMenuCore alone, but is also an issue with my plugin alone in case you use a Custom Selling Price for the shop good in my plugin parameters. If the buying price of an item is 0 - either because it is not meant to be ever bought or maybe it uses a different currency or whatever is the reason -
Sell Only Item.PNG
it actually cannot be sold, even a custom selling price is provided either by Yanfly Notetag or my plugin parameters unless the Yanfly Notetag <Can Sell> is provided aswell:
Cannot Sell.PNG
With v1.8 I changed this to unless the Yanfly Notetag <Cannot Sell> is provided the item can be sold as long as a custom selling price is provided by either Yanfly Notetag or my plugin parameters. Any other way of providing custom selling prices is currently not supported by this fix.

The last issue which should better be fixed by Yanfly, but I do not know how to contact Yanfly, is again with YEP_X_MoreCurrencies and Custom Selling Prices. This time I have an item with a buying price of 0, a custom selling price and an item price:
Item Buy Price.PNG
If I now try to sell this, I don't see any total values a usual:
No Currency Gain Displayed.PNG
This is because Yanfly's check function whether gold should be displayed in the shop number window only checks the buying prices
and does no distinction whether we are in the buying or selling mode as opposed to Yanfly's drawing functions for the shop
number window.
You could actually work around this issue by setting up the normal item with a price > 0 and proxy buy item with the item/variable
price, but I found that inconvinient, so for the time being I actually fixed this with v1.9 of my plugin.

Last edited:

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly made his independent item generation the way, that any item bought from a shop does not get any random variance.
But today I got a new idea, that works because I have limited stock.

So I'll introduce the new plugin parameter, which is set to "true" by default in order to keep everything as it is.
New Plugin Parameter.PNG

If set to false, every item/weapon/armor, that can be independent and is not a proxy for another item and has limited stock in my shop,
will instead be splitted into the exact amount of independent items.
As my plugin already creates those independent items, the random variance will be applied.
My plugin calculates the new buying and selling price depending on the variance that has been applied,

e.g. For a Sword that will normally give your Actors 10 ATK + 10 MP and normally costs 500 G

A sword that gives you 12 ATK + 8 MP, will have a 20% ATK-Buff, but a 20% MP-Debuff, resulting in a 0% Buff entirely will still cost 500 G
A sword that gives you 13 ATK + 8 MP, will have a 30% ATK-Buff, but a 20% MP-Debuff, resulting in a 10% Buff entirely will cost 550 G
A sword that gives you 12 ATK + 12 MP, will have 20% ATK-Buff and a 20% MP-Buff, resulting in a 40% Buff entirely will cost 700 G.
It will also alter the more currencies in the same way.
Any price changed by this functionality will not go down below 0.0.

Independent Items Shop.PNG

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
with other words, if you refresh the shop, you get different variance to buy the best one?

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the stock refill condition is fulfilled, then yes you get a different variance, otherwise no you will get the same variance.

I now think introducing this functionality maybe was not really a good idea, because it can quickly enhance the memory consumption for your game.

Edit:
I quickly made an edit, that removes non-bought independent items from the database.
Still the $dataItems, $dataWeapons and $dataArmors Arrays might grow quickly in size with this option enabled. The stock refill condition should not be set to something that happens way to often when this is enabled.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
maybe a nice idea to make it true or false, for the ppls that want to use it for true and ppls that dont want it to false :)
especially if this plugin extend or fix some bugs.

Summer夏

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
中文
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I found a small problem.An error occurs when the space bar is pressed when there is no item at the time of purchase or sale.

Attachments

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I saw you added switch shop to it, If you think it could break, why not make an extended version to add it?

Also on the screen shot it says "struktur" which should be structure (my opinion though)
But Nice catch on summer. if its updated, I should redownload it.

Summer夏

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
中文
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your prompt reply! But a similar problem appeared in the sales window.
//if( Imported.YEP_ShopMenuCore && item.cannotSell ) return enabled;
I tried to delete the "item.cannotSell" in this code, it returned to normal, but I don't know what the consequences will be.

Attachments

Summer夏

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
中文
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your prompt reply! But a similar problem appeared in the sales window.
//if( Imported.YEP_ShopMenuCore && item.cannotSell ) return enabled;
I tried to delete the "item.cannotSell" in this code, it returned to normal, but I don't know what the consequences will be.
Plugin parameters: SellOnlyGoodsThatCanBeBought is true,Invalid for independent items, it is not possible to sell independent items purchased at the store.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon My RPG Maker is german. I don't know how to change the language, so that the screenshots are more convenient for the audience at this forum.
@Summer夏 Sorry for the inconvinience. I actually never tried it out with empty shops.
With my new update independent items can be sold if the base item is offered by the shop when SellOnlyGoodsThatCanBeBought is set to true.

'With this line commented the consequence would be, that the item can be sold when it's selling price is > 0, even Yanfly's Notetag would say that it cannot be sold.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
than that explain the text, it should be correct than.

This is another idea though. "If shop is open" (just if) and no items can be bought YET,
why not a text param, similair "we don'hae any items at this point" so it wont open unless there ARE items?

but its only a suggestion, which might solve the break down part.
But than again, it would be a bit harder to implement if it need to be on some places to work correctly.

I didn't download the newest version yet though.

Summer夏

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
中文
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon My RPG Maker is german. I don't know how to change the language, so that the screenshots are more convenient for the audience at this forum.
@Summer夏 Sorry for the inconvinience. I actually never tried it out with empty shops.
With my new update independent items can be sold if the base item is offered by the shop when SellOnlyGoodsThatCanBeBought is set to true.

'With this line commented the consequence would be, that the item can be sold when it's selling price is > 0, even Yanfly's Notetag would say that it cannot be sold.
Thank you for solving the problem so quickly!٩(๑•̀ω•́๑)۶
Because I don't know much about English, every function will try it again. If there is a bug, it is easy to find out.
I have a small suggestion that the item store I sell to the store will be sold permanently or for a limited time, preventing me from accidentally selling something I don't want to sell.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Summer夏 Sorry I don't know how to implement items being sold only for a limited amount of time. I will keep it the way that it is sold permanently like in the default engine without my plugin.

Summer夏

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
中文
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean, the store sells what I sell to the store. In fact, I found another small problem. Opening the plugin will make the default store unable to sell items.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Summer夏 maybe its possible to use a switch to open a shop,
Like Switch Day 1 shop, you can open this on day 1, when day 2, turn off switch day 1, so switch day 2 is open
if you need a limited time to use the shop. you can give the shop specific names though =)

This overwrite the default shop. But this is much better than the default though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How many parameters is 'too many'??
Yay, now back in action Happy Christmas time, coming back!

Back in action to develop the indie game that has been long overdue... Final Fallacy. A game that keeps on giving! The development never ends as the developer thinks to be the smart cookie by coming back and beginning by saying... "Oh bother, this indie game has been long overdue..." How could one resist such? No-one c
So I was playing with filters and this looked interesting...

Versus the normal look...

Kind of gives a very different feel. :LZSexcite:
To whom ever person or persons who re-did the DS/DS+ asset packs for MV (as in, they are all 48x48, and not just x2 the pixel scale) .... THANK-YOU!!!!!!!!! XwwwwX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visploo100