Does this plugin fullfill some of your needs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not that I can use it, but helpfull for most users probably that want to use stock limit and day/night that have a random refill stock of 1-5 (depending what they have).

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone besides @Neo Soul Gamer have MV1.5.1 and problems opening a shop of this plugin after loading a save file? If so, do you have the "Yanfly Desktop Optimized Version Update" of the rpg_(something).js files, e.g. rpg_core.js in your project js-folder?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use MV 1.6.1 and dont use desktop optimization plugin. which is more if you use rpg 1.3 or 1.4 with updates
to 1.5.x so everything behind 1.5.1 probably is desktop optimization kinda useless in my opinion.

but I got no problem with opening the shop on a saved file in 1.6.1 though.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems I've coded it in a way that is not allowed by MV 1.5.1 or ES5.
I've updated my first post to say it requires 1.6.1 and above instead of 1.5.0 or above.
I've received a version from another coder that actually works for 1.5.0.
I will change all my plugins to support 1.5.1.

thecourier

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I talk to NPC with the plugin command, I get this. error.png

edit: realized its because I kept the <> tags. Is it common practice to remove them in other plugins? If not, I would suggest indicating that for new users. Thanks for the plugin!

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@thecourier most common issue is YEP plugins or any other plugins not in the correct order,
so you need to re-order it, BO_Shop is best in the utilitiy section or below other shops if exist.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I talk to NPC with the plugin command, I get this.
error.png

edit: realized its because I kept the <> tags. Is it common practice to remove them in other plugins? If not, I would suggest indicating that for new users. Thanks for the plugin!
@thecourier What do you mean with kept the tags. Which tags?
Do you mean, because I wrote e.g. OpenShop <Name> in this forum and maybe in the help file?
I just thought that as an indicator for that the name of the shop must be put in that position.
Then sorry for the confusion.

thecourier

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@thecourier What do you mean with kept the tags. Which tags?
Do you mean, because I wrote e.g. OpenShop <Name> in this forum and maybe in the help file?
I just thought that as an indicator for that the name of the shop must be put in that position.
Then sorry for the confusion.
When writing the plugin command, I wrote OpenShop <FPshop1> instead of just OpenShop FPshop1. I thought that the "< >" was necessary to have in the plugin command. I thought this because other plugins will use "<>" in their commands like <cannot discard> in yanflys.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When writing the plugin command, I wrote OpenShop <FPshop1> instead of just OpenShop FPshop1. I thought that the "< >" was necessary to have in the plugin command. I thought this because other plugins will use "<>" in their commands like <cannot discard> in yanflys.
Then again sorry for the confusion. The notetags in the note boxes of the database are used with <> by I guess everyone. I guess it is to split them apart from regular notes via XML Syntax. Plugin Command usually go without <>.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Had to rework this plugin in order to find other workarounds for compatibility issues with Yanfly plugins rather than copying the code that still needs to be called and leaving out the rest as it is prohibited by the terms of use of Yanfly plugins and I guess also by copyright. I just want to avoid making me to have to take this plugin down. Yet I still hope this is just a minor issue as my plugin is given away for free.
I've tested it quite a bit and I am quite sure that it still works as intended. Just report any issue you find.

The new version just includes some other workarounds for YEP + NPCDialogueShop used at the same time as BO_Shops.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Things I am unsure about:
- Whether I continue with my own project. There are times I really like working on it and times I don't work on it for weeks or even months, just because I don't feel the fun working on it.
- Whether I stay around in this forum for long. If I discontinue my project I will definitely be gone from this forum, too.
- Whether I get MZ. I'll definitely try out the trial version, but won't get the full version day one.

But now let's talk about this plugin and why I wrote this kind of introduction:
If there isn't any better default support for shops in MZ then MV had (limited stock by default would be amazing) and nobody wrote a similar shop plugin by the time I might get the full version of MZ I'll propably port it. This is not guaranteed. As this plugin has a bunch of code just dealing with compatability to existing MV plugins and everyone has to port their plugins over or write them from scratch, the first MZ version might not contain any of this compatability fixes. They will need to be written from scratch.

If I won't be around for the MZ era you just have to hope that someone writes a similar plugin, but I might just give someone the allowance to port BO_Shops, before I will be gone.

Edit:
Also even this plugin is already feature bloat, you might give me some suggestions on what makes a good shop plugin and is maybe still missing. Suggestions on what could be added. Also are there things that are unnecessary and should be removed?

I also wonder if this would have been better if it included an HTML Editor for the Shops similar to those of some SRD plugins? Still not sure if I can implement such an editor.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so far, your plugin with NPC dialogue = a topshop, even without npc dialogue.

your shop have already amazing stuff, even a switch shop. can make evals and dicounts.
sometimes, that require 1-3 shop plugins to create the same effect.

limited stock is something everyone could use, even RL are limited stock and need
items to refill, so let's say, shop have 5 potions, and run out.

now need teh owner stock for the potions and let you get it (maybe through a quest)
you give the owner 10 potions, so the stock fill = +10 (yay)

limited stock might be existed, but refill a stock, maybe not (not that I know off).

It would be sad if you left the community, but take your time on your project,
you can always check once a week or once per 2 weeks for suggestions.

but that is also totally up to you, I'm happy you created this plugin for free for others :)

but in case you really want to leave (which I hope you stay around)

I wish you the best, also with your project. (which should take priority) over plugins
to the public.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
ShadowDragon has covered the base of my own sentiments but I will say anyway, it will be sad to see you go, should that become your choice, but I do understand. Take time to work on your project and just know that this plugin is gold. It is wonderdul that you have put so much into it and made it free for the community. (And thank you for the shop organization add on!)

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so far, your plugin with NPC dialogue = a topshop, even without npc dialogue.

your shop have already amazing stuff, even a switch shop. can make evals and dicounts.
sometimes, that require 1-3 shop plugins to create the same effect.

limited stock is something everyone could use, even RL are limited stock and need
items to refill, so let's say, shop have 5 potions, and run out.

now need teh owner stock for the potions and let you get it (maybe through a quest)
you give the owner 10 potions, so the stock fill = +10 (yay)

limited stock might be existed, but refill a stock, maybe not (not that I know off).

It would be sad if you left the community, but take your time on your project,
you can always check once a week or once per 2 weeks for suggestions.

but that is also totally up to you, I'm happy you created this plugin for free for others :)

but in case you really want to leave (which I hope you stay around)

I wish you the best, also with your project. (which should take priority) over plugins
to the public.
So switch shops are actually useful? That was the one feature I was thinking about to remove in a possible MZ version. A switch shop is basically just like an unlockable options menu. I couldn't think about good use cases even at the time I added it into the plugin.

ShadowDragon has covered the base of my own sentiments but I will say anyway, it will be sad to see you go, should that become your choice, but I do understand. Take time to work on your project and just know that this plugin is gold. It is wonderdul that you have put so much into it and made it free for the community. (And thank you for the shop organization add on!)
Thank you both for your support.

If I stay, which I still hope will happen, this plugin will have my #1 priority in being ported to MZ.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
switch shop in general maybe not that much, but in my case, I use gold curency (become tickets)
or some kinds, to buy stuff that unlocks.

SRD has a switchshop, but the purpose for switch shop can be used in many ways like
those fe examples:

Unlock specific doors (can be town, dungeons, hidden entrances etc)
Unlock new fonts (if used or bought to get +2 new fonts in option menu or more)
Unlock window frames (if you add a bunch)
Unlock background color slider (if you want green instead of black ir whatever the color default)
Unlock new items for greater danger etc.

and many many possibilies. removing this one would be a shame, but if 1 make a switchshop
why not include it directly? It can be for much nice use though.

wether they use it or not, I would not remove it though. but in case you want to remove it,
make 2 versions, 1 with, 1 without, so they can download 1 or another =)

not using it is simple ignore that part, but it also depends on the game they create.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
switch shop in general maybe not that much, but in my case, I use gold curency (become tickets)
or some kinds, to buy stuff that unlocks.

SRD has a switchshop, but the purpose for switch shop can be used in many ways like
those fe examples:

Unlock specific doors (can be town, dungeons, hidden entrances etc)
Unlock new fonts (if used or bought to get +2 new fonts in option menu or more)
Unlock window frames (if you add a bunch)
Unlock background color slider (if you want green instead of black ir whatever the color default)
Unlock new items for greater danger etc.

and many many possibilies. removing this one would be a shame, but if 1 make a switchshop
why not include it directly? It can be for much nice use though.

wether they use it or not, I would not remove it though. but in case you want to remove it,
make 2 versions, 1 with, 1 without, so they can download 1 or another =)

not using it is simple ignore that part, but it also depends on the game they create.
Okay then I'll keep it. It is funny, I only included it after seeing that SRD has a Switch Shop.
If I would have a variable shop too, then it would be almost like a Disgaea Cheat Shop, except that Disgaea Cheat Shops don't charge money for their options.

@ShadowDragon Also thank you for constantly doing advertisement for my plugin in other threads.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it's the best out there with the most possibilities, most time its better than yanfly, unless
more currencies is needed, it's the only shop that has most features so yea,
your's come up first in mind, if they want many features and talking npc behind,
I include yours and npc_dialogue plugin so they have the best shop they can create =).

variable shop can have some simplyfies, instead of 4 switches to unlock every font,
you can use variables instead, when variable x = 1, add, some, if 2, add more etc.

I didn't know about the Disgaea Cheat Shop though, but I dont like cheating though.
but I wont add any more features to it though, only bug fixes where needed.

Have a wonderfull day :) I keep advertising yours if people looking for a great shop ^^

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Disgaea is a game series and it is called cheat shop, but basically consists only of options, like difficulty or getting upto 1000% of EXP, but 0% money and 0% mana from the battles and vice versa.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Err, BurningOrca? I'm sorry to do this to you--I ran into two bugs in the plugin. It seems that it will not allow me to scroll up or down with the arrow keys when purchasing armor or weapons, even if the stock is infinite. But it will allow me to do that with items. The second bug is that it is not correctly updating my armor or weapons in my possession when I purchase, but it will for items.

I am not running Yanfly's ShopMenuCore plugin, but I am running mjshi's NPC Dialogue Shop. I turned that off to see if it was the problem, and it seems it is partly to blame. It did not fix the scroll issues with the arrow keys, but the possession count worked after that.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Guardinthena Are you running YEP_ItemCore with the following parameters:
1594479470360.png
or at least Max Weapons and Max Armors > 0. If so then this is not a bug in my plugin, but intended behaviour of YEP_ItemCore. Because items bought from the shop are still converted into independent items after being bought and you can have only 1 of each independent at a time, the maximum you can buy even without my plugin would be 1.

The second issue is within NPCDialogueShop not being fit for YEP_ItemCore's independent items.

I cannot find any other reasons, cause with only NPCDialogueShop and my plugin it works. I can only reproduce the situation with YEP_ItemCore switched on and setting the parameters for Weapons and Armor > 0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do you cure sleep problem? It has been 7 months and it's 3 AM now..
Darn you, Seals! Why do you gotta be so cute when on land?:kaoluv:
So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.
So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnthonyDewitt