Does this plugin fullfill some of your needs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh! Oh goodness! Thank you! Yes, I am running Yanfly's Item Core plus a number of its extensions! I would not have considered that had an affect but it makes since now that you mention the independent items, which I have active.

Thank you for the speedy response BurningOrca and for taking the time to figure this out. I'll contact mjshi about the bug and hope she can do something to fix it.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One minor issue I've found now is if two or more shops offer the exact same switch, you still have to buy it in the other shops again, if you already bought it from one of the shops. But I guess it is really okay and a minor issue. People should just not create shops that share switches. Fixing that would break existing save files, so that already bought switches must be bought again.

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there!
Downloaded your plugin and am loving it! Unfortunately I ran into a strange bug where the amount of each item is displayed as -1 of the intended amount. (so an item with a stock of 1 is displayed as 0).
This occurs even in a completely blank new project.
To be clear you can still purchase the intended amount, it's just displayed as 1 less.

Maybe I missed a parameter somewhere?

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It displayes one less, because I intended it to show the quantity tha will be in stock after you've bought the selected amount: If you buy 1 with a stock quantity of 5, it shows 4 and if you buy 2 it shows 3. However I'm pretty sure you are not the first one mentioning this, maybe I should change it or at least introduce a parameter to set the behaviour (show max vs. show max - current buy amount)?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
show max - current is the one currently active? if so, its good, but if the opinion is different,
you can also add that param (default: show max - current :) ) but that is totally up to you.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh man why did I write max? Instead of max I really did mean the current stock.
So functionality is currently (current stock - amount that is currently selected to be bought), so it shows the stock that would be left after the buy operation. So Parameter could be Show Current Stock? Yes: Shows always the current stock and doesn't decrease when the number to be bought increases. No: Shows the stock that would be left after the buy operation. Default: No (Current behaviour).
But I will await @SmashArtist's answer before doing anything.

Also I figured that at least for a possible MZ release I should rename this plugin. BO_Shops sound way to general. It sounds like it is adding shops to a engine, that already has shops. Better names would be BO_CustomShops or BO_ShopCustomizer or any suggestions? Otherwise keeping the name might be better, as so many people or already familiarized with the name.

I would also like to take suggestions for a better name for the plugin parameter!

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It displayes one less, because I intended it to show the quantity tha will be in stock after you've bought the selected amount
Ah ok, that makes sense. I think it confused me because I expected the current amount to only change once you've actually bought the item.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
BO_ShopCustomizer seems good and BO_CustomShops is a bit off.
BO_ExtendShops might be a possibility too while it, it expend the shop.

I dont mind if you change this plugin or not, it's your plugin and your choice.
if you want to rename it, Please do what fits :)

I dont mind it at all though.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
BO_AwesomeShops or BO_AwesomeShopsofAwesomeness ;)

Just joking about the above, I do think the proposed names are all good, including ShadowDragons.

BO_ShopCustomizer
BO_CustomShops
BO_ExtendShops
BO_ShopExtension

In the end a name change to the plugin doesn't bother me in the slightest but I understand why you want to rename it. My suggestion, try saying some of the names a couple times ans go with which one rolls off the tongue better.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay I've added that little option to customize how stock quantity is displayed now and renamed it to BO_CustomShops, but I kept the Imported-Statement to be Imported.BO_Shops so that any maybe existing Add-Ons that I don't know of and BO_ShopCategories don't need to be changed and reuploaded just due to the name change.

I just want to know, does anyone here plan to move to MZ or are you staying with MV? I just want to figur out important it might be to port this plugin early on. I guess the 27th of August might be possible, but I doubt the Vizustella Plugins will be ready by then, so I have to scrap functionality that relies on other author's plugins e.g. YEP_ItemCore. Currently I am planning just to get a trial version and familiarize myself with the improved engine. I didn't plan to develop or release a plugin until MZ is on sale. Even then I might not get it, because currently I don't feel the same joy working on a project that I had when I started with MV.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I stick with MV though, while MZ have some really nice features.

even if there where addons for your shops, as imported.BO_Shops, they can easely change
that inside the plugin to match yours and will be working again.

I personally wont update/rewrite your plugin if you dont buy MZ, but if you ever consider it,
and the shops is as crap as MV, than see if you want to port it, else let someone else do it,
if you stick at MV as well =)

whoever that want to port it should credit you as well for this amazing plugin :)
its the best out there for MV.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm sticking with MV. So far, I am not impressed with what I've seen in MZ. My feelings is that a lot of what I have seen should have been implemented in MV when they upgraded from Ace. Considering I can do everything they are teasing with plugins, I am just not impressed.

Once already I have made a painful transition from VX Ace to MV with my current project and I can't bring myself to do it again.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay then I guess it can wait. Nice to year that someone think it is the best plugin out there. Thank you.

I actually enjoy character generator the most. I hope MZ has some good generator parts to offer. I don't really care about the offset functionality and adding gradients. I just want good generator parts and a greater variety of specific parts.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wont add any more features to it though, only bug fixes where needed
Sorry, but I've go ideas and whenever I get ideas I want to fulfill them. Actually the ideas weren't compatible anymore with the existing BO_Shops. That is why I've uploaded an XL version with the same terms of use. The ideas where also not compatible with YEP_X_MoreCurrencies and YEP_ConditionalShopPrices. So XL version is not compatible to those two plugins anymore. I am currently to lazy to describe all it's features here. If you want to you can download it and read through the helpfile to see if it is worth using or whether it is even properly described. Existing projects that already have used BO_Shops and/or those two Yanfly plugins are not recommended to be upgraded to BO_CustomShopsXL.

BO_CustomShopXL does implement the more currencies itself, but sadly inferior to Yanfly's plugin. It is limited to a single currency per item/weapon/armor, because of drawing space. It also cannot use Weapons and Armor as a currency per default, because I simply don't see them as currencies.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if it's has a more currency implented, it can be harder to use it (in my opinion) if there is no
more currency available unless done with a variable.

unless its implented to do so as well.
Anyway, I will take a look to it.

but does the old one still have this feature for the other 2 plugins (not that I use it though).

EDIT:
I check the XL version, but need to play around with it, but I got one question,
while in the description it say "extension", do you mean you need to use both?
or can XL only be used if customshops is NOT used?

is credit you optional? because I like to credit you when used though.

Last edited:

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've forgot to mention things in the helpfile of XL, e.g. the plugin commands and had to take it down again. Will upload it again later this day.
@ShadowDragon The old one is compatible with the two YEP plugins.
XL and the old one are not compatible. Using both at the same time does not work. I need to change the plugin description of XL then.
Credit is optional. I don't require it, but if you want to, go and credit me.

Edit:
Also had to take down and replace BO_CustomShops, because after rename it didn't read the plugin parameters correctly anymore. If you rename it back to BO_Shops after download you'll need to replace the line BurningOrca.Shops.Parameters = PluginManager.parameters('BO_CustomShops'); with BurningOrca.Shops.Parameters = PluginManager.parameters('BO_Shops');

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did not use it yet, but those are easely fix if an error pops up.
when the new version is available with the correct helpfile, I test out
customshopsXL, because I use tickets instead of gold, maybe a different currency as while.
which can be done with items.

you do a really nice job though.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've reuploaded it now. Not only did I need to fix the help file, it actually also had some bugs I've found now. It is already tested a lot, but still not tested enough. In a test project it's okay to use. I wouldn't recommend using it in a actual project for now, also it is allowed.
I'll appreciate any feedback you can give me on the XL version.
And you are right, with the more currencies implemented into it, the plugin parameters are actually harder to setup. You can also tell me, whether I should add some of the minor QoL improvements from XL to the normal one.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wont peronally add features added to XL to the normal one, because XL
extend the normal one already, else you have just a duplicate plugin, with 1-3 features less.

I would recommend (but your choice) to keep BO_CustomShop how it is (alot of features already)
if people strafe for more features, they can use XL version.

I play a bit around on the XL version and see if I can get it to work properly.

report back when need too or feedback after testing.

EDIT:
from the current testing on custom currency (item, variable) works smoothly,
no idea yet of the "none" amd "currency" (need to read the helpfile on those 2).

however, MKR_ShopItemMessage which worked before, it does not work on the
newer version of BO_CustomShops! <- this one give an error when on a switch
and than crash, else it works for regular items normally.
BO_CustomShopsXL <- this one doesn't even open the shop when the MKR is ON.
but works normally when MKR is OFF.

it works on items only without switches in CustomShop, not the XL entirely nor the items.
I might not using it while I use tickets which I can do with items.
also got some other idea's because of the custom currencies for different switches.
so I cant use the MKR anyway.

I do not know ES6 JS unfortnuately to test the js part. But I hope ES5 still works?
if not, it doesn't mind, if I need something specific, there are people that can help out.

for the rest, it works as exspected, just need to get used of ID and amount to get it correctly.
that's all for now :)

dont fix the MKR inside your plugin, but rather, edit that plugin for compability :)
I dont have use for it in my current game, so all good :)

Last edited:

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry I don't have the old version of BO_CustomShops anymore, so I don't know how MKR_ShopItemMessage ever worked together with it and using switches.
Thanks to your report I found another bug in XL: Normal Item descriptions where never displayed in it.

It was actually easier to add the two required fields meta and description to class Game_ShopGood of my plugin instead of altering the other plugin.

I am pretty sure the way XL is written it will be incompatible to a lot more shop plugins than it's non XL counterpart. I'd still recommend using BO_CustomShops instead of XL if maximum compatiblity is required.

Custom Price Type "None" means using regular price from database.

Edit:
The only feature from XL I'd every myself consider to add to the normal version if possible would be this:
1595779420469.png
Displaying stock quantity already in the numbers window. Off course fully customizable like in the XL vesion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have recently returned to try and developing games after I learned how to use digital drawing software.

My goal is to start simple and small. I am mostly aiming to create a game that I would play, and to tell a story that I would like to read. :smile:
RayGarden7 wrote on Geovid's profile.
Hey I'm new the RPG Maker forms as well and was having the same problem you are with needing 30 post or 30 threads we must complete. Maybe we could help each other out? Why you on the forms what is your goal?

Apparently the various VS core plugins are going to be free. :LZSexcite:
Now to go wash the stink off myself from having had to look at Twitter.
:rtear:

heroine before entering いせかい

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tip2202