Does this plugin fullfill some of your needs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MKR worked before (still have the older version) and it gave a meta error, might be
because of it, not sure why, but I asked if they can make it compatable, because
it can become very handy.

but I never tested it on switches before, I think because switches doesn't have
a meta notetag field, so it would be probabl impossible to get that to work.

but its an amazing plugin.
for my use, the XL version does it's job on my end, so it doesn't give much of a problem.
except for the JS part what I can do with it in ES6 which I dont know.
I know a little of ES5 only.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well XL didn't work, because my class Game_ShopGood which I used instead of the regular array, that normally presents shop goods, didn't have a meta property either. But now I added an empty meta object to Game_ShopGoods of type Switch and copied over the meta object of item/weapons/armor to Game_ShopGood, so it should work now. It was my fault, that it didn't work, so I had to fix it.

I don't understand the question about ES6. My classes in the XL version are written in ES6, but if you need to use any javascript with my plugin using ES5 is still fine.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
will test out and see if its working.

EDIT:
MKR plugin is working smoothly again and doesn't crash on switch.
while the switch otherwise show the shopname, but no idea if switch can have
meta's in general though.

I might need to see a work around on this one, item -> use -> switch activate.
but thank you to make it work again :) because it can be really usefull for custom
shop message.

instead of "potion description: this heal for 500HP", with MKR ON and set the notetag
you can see: "this potion can be found everywhere" or another text.

I wonder how to do this with switches though. because switches doesn't have notetags.

Last edited:

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It can't be done with switches. They don't have notetags. I would have to add a note parameter it in the plugin parameters. However I am not sure if I will to that. I'm currently not planning to add more features, just bug fixes.

TheGameAfter

I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: Great plugin, thanks for the time you put for it, by the way, I create a small resource post for shop system, I put your new version and your old version as in my resources post, you can see it here (at the top). thanks again for an amazing plugin.

Last edited:

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found some math errors in XL and removed them.

Edit:
I now also found a bug in XL for the refill of a single item/armor/weapon.

Last edited:

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there!
I'm using your plugin and decided to put in some conditional discounts, but when the condition is met it throws a "$dataArmor is not defined" error.
I've disabled all my plugins and I still get this error. It also gives this error in an empty new project.
This seems to only happen when you have armor being sold in the shop.
This is how I have the condition set up:
Condition: $gameVariables.value(45) === 1; (changing the condition doesn't seem to stop the error)
Percentage: 25 (though changing this doesn't effect the error at all)

Let me know if you need any other information.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SmashArtist: Sorry, that was a typo. Should have been $dataArmors.

Other quick update: I would have a version ready that seems to work in MZ, but cannot upload it, because I would only be able to support it for another 13 days until trial license expires.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found a bug in RefillItemStock of the normal BO_CustomShops.

Edit:
I've now changed my mind and thus the terms of use regarding MZ. Sorry, I won't allow anyone to port it over to MZ. I've tried porting XL during my MZ trial period and it seems to work fine standalone, but is completely incompatible to VisuStella and that is my fault for changing how shop goods are defined in XL from an array of arrays to an array of my new class Game_ShopGood. This simply can't work well with other shop plugins without major workarounds. Next up I've tried to port the normal one, yet again seeming to work fine standalone and I also seem to have achieved a version that is logical compatible to VisuStella, which means it seems to cause no errors. It is still not fully functional compatible to VS, because my Switch Shops won't work with VS installed and the currency unit will be displayed next to the Sold Out Text. I don't really need to get compatible to VS, but I really wished to get compatible. I guess contaticting someone from the VS Team wouldn't change anything, because I've added new functionality, which is just incompatible by nature. You can clearly see that on how many compatibility fixes to YEP plugins where needed for the MV versions, just because of the way I've wrote them.
I came to the conclusion that it might be an option to write an own Item & Shop based plugin library if I ever get a full version of MZ.

Last edited:

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for posting under myself. I just don't know if otherwise the users who watch this thread would get notifications.
I've found serious bugs in XL. Shops weren't even working after loading a safe file.
Also I've changed my mind from yesterday and actually uploaded a MZ Version based on XL and I actually had an idea to make it at least partially compatible to Visustella: Some drawing functions and UI Styles don't work exactly correct, but I need to go to bed now.
Also my trial license of MZ runs out tomorrow, which is why I won't be able to support this plugin for a while. It is just experimental.

Edit:
Yet again introduced a small little bug with the fixes in XL yesterday.

Last edited:

TheGameAfter

I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for posting under myself. I just don't know if otherwise the users who watch this thread would get notifications.
I've found serious bugs in XL. Shops weren't even working after loading a safe file.
Also I've changed my mind from yesterday and actually uploaded a MZ Version based on XL and I actually had an idea to make it at least partially compatible to Visustella: Some drawing functions and UI Styles don't work exactly correct, but I need to go to bed now.
Also my trial license of MZ runs out tomorrow, which is why I won't be able to support this plugin for a while. It is just experimental.

Edit:
Yet again introduced a small little bug with the fixes in XL yesterday.
Hey BurningOrca, your shop plugin is the top of the line, I don't think you should be worried about MZ right now, there is still a lot they need o work on to make it stable, and many MV users like me the buy MZ still prefer using MV, for now, so you could just continue to support the plugin with the MZ version, I'm sure many people like me would love to use your shop system in their MV games, I really don't think there is a better shop system for mv, and I found many as you know ;) please continue to support the plugin in the MV version, we all love your shop plugin!

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheGameAfter: Yes I will continue to support the plugin in MV version.
I ment I cannot support it in MZ version, because trial did run out.
Maybe I shouldn't have uploaded it at all. Also I didn't open a new thread in MZ plugin releases because of this. I guess nobody that is actively using MZ will search for it in the MV threads.

Edit:
I've taken the MZ version down. Read more about that in the first post of this thread.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another day of mostly mapping in Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ: Episode 7 starting now! We're making a mansion! Come watch live and join in on the chat!
Game=Forest, Feature=Tree. There's little worth in looking at a tree except in its relation to how it affects the feel of the forest.
Been a while, guys. Despite being in college now, I'm working on Season's Promise as often as I can.
Helping my sister make her game
I hope i can get some freckles for the generator soon
Guys, if you are seeing this post, send me your RPG Games, I wanna test some to know about everyone! ^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shin0ko