BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought as many other authors already have created a central thread for all their plugins I will do this aswell.
The terms of use apply to all plugins posted here and in the linked threads.

Terms of use:
Free for non-commercial and commercial use.
Credits not required, but appreciated. (It still feels odd to be credited by internet pseudonym)
You may not repost those plugins. Please only link to them.

This plugin was meant to just add goods available customization and limited stock to shops, but since
then I extended it with a lot of features and compatibility fixes. I became quite feature bloat.

A collection of a lot of plugins that change mostly battle related functionality when weather is active.
However they require a plugin from another author that actually displays the weather in battle, because I didn't want to plugiarise this functionality from those plugins.

A new plugin that can be downloaded from this thread.
This plugin links two characters together. So character 2 will always follow character 1 on it's movement routes.
This makes such movement routes as the one in the screenshot below obsolete:
Town Guide PNG.PNG
Instead it would look like this:
Town Guide 2.PNG

The plugin does have the following commands:
EventFollow <EventId> Player:
Makes the event with the EventId follow the last follower in the players party or the player if it doens't have a follower.
Example: EventFollow 1 Player
Use 0 for EventId to apply it to the current event

EventFollow <EventId> Event <OtherEventId>:
Makes an event follow another event.
If the event given by OtherEventId is already followed by either the player or another event, this character will
stop following the event with OtherEventId and instead the event given by EventId will follow it.
Example: EventFollow 5 Event 0
Use 0 in both Parameters to indicate the current event.

PlayerFollow Event <EventId>:
Makes the player follow an event.
If the event given by EventId is already followed by a character,
this character will stop following it and instead the player will follow it.
Example: PlayerFollow Event 0
Use 0 to indicate the current event

PlayerStopFollow:
Makes the player stop following any character it currently follows.

FollowChain <EventIds> <Player>: Will create a complete follow chain out of the given characters.
Examples:
FollowChain 1 2 Player 0: Event 1 follow Event 2 which will follow the player
which will follow the current event.
FollowChain Player 1 2: Player will follow Event 1 which will follow event 2

FollowChain Break <EventId or Player>: The whole follow chain of the given event or player
will break. Each character in the follow chain will then be seperated again.

If you transfer to another map all follower chains are removed.

These plugin commands are mainly meant to be used for movement route eventing only.

Comment tag in Event Page <FollowEvent: Number/>
The event will automatically follow the other event on it's movement routes as long as the
page on which the comment tag is set is the active page. The Number in this comment tag
must be smaller then the number of this event. The comment tag must be at the start of the
event page.
e.g. <FollowEvent: 4/>

Can add a category window to the buy menu or remove the category window from the sell menu.
Has also layout customizations for the category windows and the windows affect by this change (The Buy and Sell Window).
I don't need this myself. I've just written this after having read the same plugin request multiple times.
It was actually hard to implement with all those compatibility requirements, but I guess this was still the solution with the least amount of effort and highest amount of compatiblity possible.

Attachments

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that screenshot 1, with all moveroutes is a bit wrong, while you can move event
moveroute and than another moverout for the other event below. but its still 1 less
moverout to add.

But I have 2 question.
1) if you have say 4 events thats need a moverout, (same direction)
do you need 3 plugin commands to use?

2) if you have 4 events, (each split a different way) but moves at the same time,
are those still manually?

(because I believe, this is pure focust on following the player or event on its own.)
but while its a nice plugin, there is a similair one, works differently, but
if question 1 applies, than its makes a wonderfull plugin for some cases,
more in other projects that uses bigger groups to walk.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon:
1) Yes 3 plugin commands work. I just confirmed it.
1586280303958.png

2) Yes they are still manually. This is really purely focused on following the player or another event.

Which plugin is the similar one?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this is more event vs event, but not follower thing like yours, but it can walk
event and player in same direction or mixed up, but no idea for multiple or breakups
like this one .

but Event 1 follow event 2, event 2 follow event 3,
but it cant do event 1 follow 2, event 3 follow 2, event 4 follow 2.

if not, than I know more than enough, it can come in handy though, better than 4 moveroutes in 1,
especially if it had 20+ commands (with yep moverout it can be a bit shorter) like UP : 3
but, I like your plugins, keep up the good work :)

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because I used the same logic the original followers use to follow the player and I've set up just a double linked list to store the following information for the events and the player I sadly cannot do something like event 1, 3 and 4 all follow event 2 at the same time.

I found out my plugin has to be placed at least under YEP_CoreEngine if also installed.

Updated to Version 1.1 with the following changes/additons:
1. Characters will now copy the through attribute from the character they are following.
2. The through attribut is no longer automatically set to true when a character enters a follow chain. Instead the collision check has been ammended to exclude characters from the follow chain.
3. When the active page of an event is changed the event will automically be removed from it's follow chain.
4. New comment tag <FollowEvent: Number/>
The event will automatically follow the other event on it's movement routes as long as the
page on which the comment tag is set is the active page. The Number in this comment tag
must be smaller then the number of this event. The comment tag must be at the start of the
event page.
e.g. <FollowEvent: 4/>
5. New plugin commands FollowChain and FollowChainBreak. Which I will explain in an update of my original post.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Chainbreak is something very usefull, Now that I think of it,
always thought it only works with NPC players and moveroutes,
but you can even do minecarts and break the chain so they split ways XD

thanks for the update, it can be come handy when I know a nice way to use it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In other news, my new computer is now ordered, and I'll have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week! CAN'T WAIT!!!
I've said my cat's names in such a baby-talk manner over the years, Biggs is now Biggoro, Bella is now Bellllyyaah, and somehow.....somehow Tessa is Sessashan
Did a massive ****up in my code that would have caused the game to crash on most computers and almost released an update without noticing it.
I keep thinking today is Thursday.
And I look forward to the next preview thread coming this afternoon.
And then I realise it's not Thursday at all.
And then I get sad :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr