Burst mode for MV

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by ScytheX, Mar 17, 2018.

1. ScytheX

ScytheX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    if anyone is interested or anything could someone make a plugin version of this script

https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rgss3-burst-mode/

and before any of you go and post this no i don't want yanfly's limit gauge. that's not what i'm looking for.

Edit:

i'v been told that the link i provided only has a image. witch i thought was a video. so i'll explain this as best as i can.

so how this mode works is that in battle when your actors take damage or do damage or both. a meter will fill up at a set rate ( the creator can change this rate to suit they're liking for the game ) when the meter is full burst mode will start. in the picture in the link it shows the background image changing to inverted colors. this can be turned on and off because most people have sensitive eyes but other than that there's no sound for it ti let you know so players would have to keep an eye on the meter in order to know.

when in burst mode the party will gain stat buffs. like 50% atk and def (this can also be changed to higher or lower numbers. i don't know if other stats can be change as a well )

when fighting the burst meter will slowly drain out as you fight, you will also fill a second meter. this is the EX or Super meter. when this is full a new command will appear on the battle menu named Overdrive. as it sounds its a super attack. allowing an actor to use a signature move (in the script its only one per-selected move so that's kind of sucks but i guess there's reasons for that)

when used the move will drain the not only the the EX meter it will end Burst mode. so you have to use it when burst mode is about to run out or save it for next time. another thing that can be add in this is a skill cut in. when the super skills is used an image will apper before the attack starts. like this

go to 0:33

this is done with another script in ace.

the next to videos that i have posted here are pretty much exactly what i'm talking about/ looking for

go to 7:47

there are 2 meters in this video a small inner bar and a large outer one. the outer one is the super meter. the video above shows how this mode works the next one shows the supers

this one kind one also helps the most

go to 8:30

hope these helps. thought i would understand that they may be confusing

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  2. Frogboy

Frogboy I'm not weak to fire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  3. ScytheX

ScytheX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
  4. Frogboy

Frogboy I'm not weak to fire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No problem. You might want to describe in more detail what you're looking for. I can only guess what this does from the screenshot so others are likely in the same boat as me. It's also good to know what elements of the linked plugin are important to you and which ones aren't.

5. ScytheX

ScytheX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    ah that was my bad i thought the link provided a video. i'll see if there is one thought i did remeber one

i'v updated my post. not sure if it helps or not but thats should show what i mean

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    Frogboy likes this.
  6. ScytheX

ScytheX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    bump