Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First I'm not sure where to put this question. But I'm trying here first as this is where I normally put my questions since I usually only ever had script questions.

Recently I saw a video (I think it was in steam greenlight), where the character busts shown was put in place then darkened for when the conversation changed characters then the image went back to normal when the conversation returned to the previous actor.

Does anyone know how this is done? A script perhaps? I tried all the options with the show pictures command and the effect cannot be reproduced. Short of maybe using two pictures with one darkened and then having them move opacity to show the darker one. That seems a waste of effort for a feature that should be available. The show pictures options gave me very different results from what I saw.

Thanks for reading.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would like to thank everyone for the answers given.

It turns out it was a simple command that I did not see.
Tint Picture.

Now my conversations can be more interesting.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's still early days, and I was going to keep this under wraps until development is a bit further along, but I'm just so damn proud of how robust the integrity-checking in this plugin is that I have to share it.
Do you think the new RPG Maker MZ has support for Android devices ?
JDgoldvox wrote on Mr. Detective's profile.
hey, could u help me with a problem? basically, How do I delete a character from a map after a cut scene is over? I am really new with RPG maker MV. Please help!
The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nitch