Bust + MessagePlus Fix

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Drunken Paladin, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Drunken Paladin

Drunken Paladin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yo! I'm interested in using both Galv's MessageBust plugin and Fogomax's MessagePlus plugin.

As far as I can tell, both have been essentially discontinued, but what I'm actually trying to do seems easy enough, so I thought I'd throw it out there. Presently, Galv's busts draw under the dialog window, which is obviously problematic if your dialog window is a balloon above a character's head.

Also, the MessagePlus plugin always seems to draw a box for faces, which, of course, won't work if I'm using a bust.

So what I'd like:
    - For Galv's plugin to fix the portrait to the bottom of the screen instead of the message box.
    - To be able to disable/enable the face box in the MessagePlus plugin.

If anyone out there wants to take a crack at these, I'd be extremely grateful!

2. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think you linked the wrong version of Galv's Message Busts, that's for VX ACE, MV one is here.

Galv's plugin can fix the portrait to the bottom of the screen/draw it above or below the message window. Try playing around with the plugin parameters. Bust Priority set to 1 draws the image above the message window, and Bust Position set to 1 places it at the bottom of the screen.

Galv has a balloon message system of his own, called Message Styles. I tried it together with his bust plugin, and came up with this.
    [​IMG]
    So, even these aren't quite compatible. However, as Message Styles is still an active plugin, you might have a bit more luck getting some help, or, if your dialogue is long enough, no one may even notice the large padding.

3. Drunken Paladin

Drunken Paladin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi Rhino, thanks for the response. Alas, Galv's portraits don't correctly fix to the bottom of the screen when the message window is centered or moved elsewhere.

And while I have looked into the Message Styles plugin, it lacks some of the features I was looking for that MessagePlus already has.

Also, while the screenshot looks pretty good, it seems inevitable that the portrait will be cut off at the top. Especially mine, which are like 2/3 body length.

I figured it was less of a long shot to remove the face window from MessagePlus and fix the bust plugin than to ask for new features, haha