BustedEd's Tips 'n Tricks - Last Version

Discussion in 'RMVX Ace Tutorials' started by Creative Ed, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Creative Ed

Creative Ed Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Busted Ed's Tips 'n Tricks
    Last Version
     ​

[​IMG]

​
    Content List
    Below are the systems you can learn in this demo.​
    - Resources - Apart from the resources needed for the features above, I've added some new resources made by myself. These are New roofs, Moving Grass, New Ground Tiles, Moving Chandeliers, Merchant tent background(edited from RTP material).

- Improved Waterfall - With a more fluent animation and some extra effects, like the ability to put an entrance to a cave, under it.

- Bridge System - An easy-to-make system that allows the player to walk over and under a bridge.

- Event Particles - An Event Particle System, where the particles are actually events. Particles included are: Flashing orbs, RIsing Orbs, Falling Leaves. 

- Lighting Effects - A Glow effect to give more warmth to your scenes. Also comes with an outside window light event.

- Rain Splashes - Much like the Event Particle System, it creates splashes of the rain falling on the ground. Also comes with a tip to improve   immersion in Inside raining scenes.

- Improved Water - Now water animations seem more fluent, simply use a parallax to make the effect.

- Stealth System (Shadow Form) - Use a skill that hides you from enemies. Having no random encounters for a set amount of time, and MP.

- Boss Transition - A "Shattering Screen" Transition for boss battles. Just call the Common event before the Battle Processing command,       and it will do everything for you!

- Battle Picture Animation - Nothing that can´t be done with normal Animations, but here you can make an animation to fill the entire screen   with no loss of resolution.

- Fake 3D Maps - Yep that's right, completely evented. An effect that will resemble games like Final Fantasy 7 and the oldies from                  playstation 1. Looks dificult to do, but it's simple, don't worry.

- Animated Parallax - Whaat? That's right, no scripts involved, just the pure power of SCIENCE!!--er.. I mean           EVENTS!! And the best part? It's really easy to do.

- Controlable Parallax - As in you control the actual animation of the parallax. You'll understand it in the demo.

- Busted's WaterFX - Just really cool Animated Parallax water ;)

****** Last Additions ******

- Advanced Character Creation - It gives you a complete character creation scene that you can copy over to your project (just make sure to leave "Switch 16" and "Variable 15" unused in your project) Other than that it's all there for you. You may make your own changes if you wish.

This system provides:

*Change Name;        *Change Skin;         *Change Class.

- New Boss Transition - The classic void background before the battle.

- Extra Menu - It gives you an extra main menu that offers you some extra options.

- World Map - access a pokemon-style world map where you can use teleport to go to locations you wish. (only available when you have the teleport skill)

- Camp - You can camp from the extra menu, and go right back to where you were when you're done resting.

- Cheer Skill - You can set common events to give certain effects to your skills. In this case your hero will cheer up the whole party. Try to do your own thing.

- Busted's WaterFX Underwater - It looks very cool.

- Look around - It enables you to watch your surroundings while your character stands on the same place. You can use this to have the player look for hidden information, trigger certain events or whatever you want.

- Mini Steal System - You can trigger a steal system in your npcs by having the player looking on them with the feature above.

Video:

Terms of use:
    Aside from a few graphics that weren't made by me (I'll point out the examples where they're at) You are free to use the contents of this demo in any project you have, be it free or commercial.

No credits are needed unless specified. Do not claim the resources provided here as yours.

*(Busted's WaterFX requires crediting)

More info:

This demo is about exploring different ways to do stuff that otherwise would be made by scripting or some complicated way, and make it almost or just as effective as those other two options.

It's also good exercise for our imaginations and minds, to figure out what we can do to improve what we have and how to do it, as well as figuring out ways of doing something that at first sight would be difficult or impossible.

Please keep in mind most of these are not complicated systems, on the contrary, they are very easy to use and to make. It is highly beginner friendly, but even some moderate users can get from here a thing or two. Dificulty level is divided by color (White, Blue, Purple, Red)

All of these systems can be easily copied over to your projects, just make sure to change their variables and copy their graphics too (if needed)

Feel free to report any bugs/issues you find and I'll get back to you.

​
    Download Link:
     ​
     ​
    Hope you like it!​
    PLEASE LIKE, COMMENT, FOLLOW :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015
  2. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    ....WHY HAS NO ONE COMMENTED ON THIS?! Thank yous Ed :D . This will be really useful :)

3. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    coz it's so awesome, we don't wanna spoil it with our comments... oh wait, I commented...

4. Creative Ed

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @Deathswallow - Haha thank you. I thought this topic was forgotten for all eternity, I was even thinking of creating seperate topics for the diferent systems and link back to this for a demonstration, so that this wouldn't have been done for nothing lol.

@adiktuzmiko - *edit* Well, if I get some feedback, many or few, at least I know if this is worth something.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
  5. PixelHeart

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    LOL, i dont think adiktuzmiko was being mean or anything. He was the one who recommended this topic to me and another Member. :)  

Lonewulf123 and Creative Ed like this.
  6. Creative Ed

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Well I was hesitant when I wrote the response to adiktuzmiko, since I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or just sportive. But I guess I made the wrong judgement call.

(*editting previous post to not look bad but still look bad because Deathswallow quoted it..... but still edit post*)

My appologies adiktuzmiko.

In Forums is often hard to understand whether people are being nice or not, since there are usually a lot of "nervous" people around.

But since you were quite supportive of the lighting tutorial I should've deducted it was good sport.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
  7. PixelHeart

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Its no big deal.

I can tell you put alot of work into the Project. I really think it could help a lot of newbies, AND NOW I HAVE A SCRIPT-LESS LIGHT EFFECTS ALTERNATIVE!...

(I wonder if it can be used to make mobile light sources...?) Anyway, i will certainly direct anybody to this topic, where ever it may have application :)

PS: I dont think you made anybody or yourself look bad...everybody has miscommunications sometimes :) . We just gotta keep the peace is all.   

8. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is great, thanks for sharing this!

Especially the bridge is wonderfully simple (why did I always assume it was complicated?! xD) and I love the waterfall. Now I can put caves behind waterfalls, yay!

9. Creative Ed

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @Deathswallow - Thanks man! Yeah, I still just wanted to justify the reaction   :)

@Chiara - Thank you, I try to allways do stuff the simplest way possible, and I think simplest stuff is what people want to know, since it doesn't take long to learn :) Yeah, one of things I thought at the time I had the Waterfall idea x)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
  10. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I too looked at this and thought "waterfall + cave".  I think I see a trend developing.

11. amerk

amerk Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    Nice job! It's starting to feel a lot more like the event systems that were done back in the days of VX.net. Great stuff here that can make any newbie's game feel more alive, without having to turn to scripts.

I'm not sure if you're open to suggestions, but here goes in case:

Maybe for a new pack, some simple to use but effective dungeon puzzles? Otherwise, this is really a nice template for people to have. Great job!

12. Creative Ed

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I'm glad you share the opinion. Although these aren't exactly useful stuff, they're something that can give a little more life to games and are pretty easy to make. Also since I made a demo, you can basicly copy and paste the events over to your own projects.

Hm, I think I can come up with some stuff ;)

13. amerk

amerk Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    Oh, I wouldn't say they aren't useful. Sure, veterans of RM have probably come up with similar work-arounds, but it definitely helps new people, and it also invites some of what used to make RM2K/3 games so great for the newer makers, by showing what can be done by events instead of scripts. Not only that, but even veterans can learn, and hopefully this encourages others to share their own events.

Having a template of events is great for copy and pasting and formatting for various projects.

14. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I for one am very grateful for someone so talented as BustedEd,for doing this sorta thing for the community,only a couple of days a go I joined the forum..over the last 3 weeks when I got RMVX Ace for a xmas gift from my wife, I was thinking on Xmas day what could I do so I can follow what I am supposed to do,hence you tube, learning the basic stuff,and I am very pleased with what I learnt,although the scripting is not hard,it was just putting it all together...coming along nicely...and it's these Noobie Tutorials which keep us all going....Thanks for the time and effort,you have put into this BustEd...it is very much appreciated....

Guiguimu likes this.
  15. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you, BustedEd! (Unusual name) You certainly helped this newbie :)

By the way, all these pretty waterfall and light graphics, you said we could copy them over but I don't see anything like this in the RTP. Where are your graphics from and should credit be given?

Cheers :)

16. Creative Ed

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Thank you guys for the kind words :)

I didn't know this was being so useful, and I am grateful it is being useful for some people :)
    I'll release a new version in a few days, with some simple puzzle ideas like amerk suggested.

@Alkorri -  Yes I specified that for events that used graphics you should copy them to your folder aswell. Yes the custom graphics were made by me, everyone can use them, no credit needed ;)

17. Uzuki

Uzuki Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Too bad because your getting all the credit! :D

Creative Ed likes this.
  18. Creative Ed

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Haha well, I guess I won't complain xD

19. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    You're now officially, "Busted"... hahahaha

20. Creative Ed

First Language:
    Portuguese
    haha I guess so x)

On a second note, I found myself not being able to release a new version yet, but I haven't forgotten, and as soon as I can I will ;)