Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Other
hello! I would like some help with this, this is what i need to do but i cant figure out how to do it
this is my second time asking, sorry

a player walks to a tile and triggers a event, a image is shown on the screen (for an example a close up of the player getting attacked by someone, that is what the image is showing) and the player has to mash a button (space) in a certain amount of time to struggle free, and a indicator in the upper corner of the screen shows if the button is being pressed or not (lets say for example a red circle for not pressed and a green circle if it is pressed), can anyone help me with this?

I am a beginner so I would like simple explanation, thank you

Pelek

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I can't do much about having the character be attacked but I assume you could make an event trigger by Player touch and then create a sprite for the attacker to move toward the player or something but I CAN help with the button mashing part. SO, here is a very rudimentary way of doing this... I'm sure there is a better way to do this but this should do the trick! I'll also upload a demo for you to download so you can take a look at the events :) one event is to trigger the button mashing and another to actually do the button mashing, If you need anymore help just ask!! :D

Attachments

Pelek

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I can't do much about having the character be attacked but I assume you could make an event trigger by Player touch and then create a sprite for the attacker to move toward the player or something but I CAN help with the button mashing part. SO, here is a very rudimentary way of doing this... I'm sure there is a better way to do this but this should do the trick! I'll also upload a demo for you to download so you can take a look at the events :) one event is to trigger the button mashing and another to actually do the button mashing, If you need anymore help just ask!! :D
Uploading demo now

Last edited:

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Other
thank you so so much for at least helping me for one part, ill defenetly look into the project and figure out how it will work, thank you!

Pelek

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
thank you so so much for at least helping me for one part, ill defenetly look into the project and figure out how it will work, thank you!
Here is the demo good luck!! :D

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Other
ive tested it, it works, yes but the problem is that theres no time limit, thank you though, i hope others also try to help me :cutesmile:

Pelek

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
ive tested it, it works, yes but the problem is that theres no time limit, thank you though, i hope others also try to help me :cutesmile:
This might be what you're looking for then

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Other
Ive been to that thread before, its not what im looking for, but thank you anyways

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you rely on someone else solution, then there will always be differences - simply because different developers have different ideas.

If you want something exactly to specifications (especially if you didn't give full specifications in your original description), then you either have to build something on your own or pay someone to build it for you.

Building or modifying something on your own will require you to know the basics of programming and logic sequences - something that can't be taught by an easy example.

If you want someone else to do this for you, you need to give the full specifications out - your description in the first post is not enough for that, which is why you got suggestions that are not exactly what you want.

So I suggest you tell us which way you want to handle this - we can help in both cases, but it will need more than just pointing you to a topic, and it will take more time from you (especially learning how to build something like this on your own will take weeks, but will enable you to make other things as well).

Pelek

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ive been to that thread before, its not what im looking for, but thank you anyways
Well sorry I couldn't help you but good luck with your project!! :)
Keep messing around with it and I'm sure you'll figure it out!
Like Andar said sometimes it's hard to fully understand exactly what someone has in mind with such a brief description.

Kurtkakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Other
If you rely on someone else solution, then there will always be differences - simply because different developers have different ideas.

If you want something exactly to specifications (especially if you didn't give full specifications in your original description), then you either have to build something on your own or pay someone to build it for you.

Building or modifying something on your own will require you to know the basics of programming and logic sequences - something that can't be taught by an easy example.

If you want someone else to do this for you, you need to give the full specifications out - your description in the first post is not enough for that, which is why you got suggestions that are not exactly what you want.

So I suggest you tell us which way you want to handle this - we can help in both cases, but it will need more than just pointing you to a topic, and it will take more time from you (especially learning how to build something like this on your own will take weeks, but will enable you to make other things as well).
Well sorry I couldn't help you but good luck with your project!! :)
Keep messing around with it and I'm sure you'll figure it out!
Like Andar said sometimes it's hard to fully understand exactly what someone has in mind with such a brief description.
thank you both so much, i understand !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who would think putting a power button on a side of a laptop is a good thing? You want to move the laptop and you suddenly press the button.
The second draft of my script is almost done, and I don't think I'm going to write a third draft. I'll make changes to dialogue here and there, but I'm happy with the series of events the way they are.
How you feel about font and dialogue box changing for every main character while the minor cast and regular npc get their own styles? Too much?
Just found an obviously custom effect (i.e. edited by me) in my resources>sounds folder called "rip jaw off". Dear Lord what is wrong with me as a person that at some point I needed a sound *specifically* for THAT??
(...rhetorical question.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Molerat05