ButtonSet.png not working in game.

Pandaperfect

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can anyone help me? I just want to confrim if ANYONE have enountered BUTTONS in the game, like when you open the shop menu, I sometimes get 5 buttons that shows up, 1x << 1x < 1x > 1x >> And 1x Confirm button, check button
I wnat to know if ANYONE have seen these buttons at hte shop ever? Becuase I think i found a bug in MV but i cannot confirm it.

Ive tried to remove all plugins from my game,.
2) made a total new game.
3) validate files.
4) Add and delete plugins.
So far my game is without buttons. ( they are supposed to be in the shop.. but Idk if its a plugin that have messed with my base game or not since these buttons are now entirely gone)

BTW: you cna find the picture of the buttons ( BUTTONSET.PNG) In system in the files of your rpg maker game.

RpgMaker/GAMENAME/IMG/SYSTEM <-- this is wehre u find the Buttonset.png picutre file...

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't see any reason for your shop to display the buttons - they are there if the list needs scrolling if I remember correctly, and with only one item to sell there is no need to scroll...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where are you expecting to see them?

They are used when you are buying or selling, and want to specify how many.
They are also used in the Number Input window.

Pandaperfect

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is just, that They showed up quite random, so I thought that were meant to be there as in part of the shop and all. because on the exact pictures you see there is none, so I needed to get confirmation if they ALWAYS were supposed to be there or not.
Since Ihave never seen the buttons before.

SO the buttons are only supposed to show up of there is a lot of items in the shop?
Becuase i have happened to seen the buttons when i did this "test run" on the shop with just one item, and when i was about to buy that items buttons showed up to help howm eny i wanted to buy.

Where are you expecting to see them?

They are used when you are buying or selling, and want to specify how many.
They are also used in the Number Input window.
That was the thing, where the red box are on the window shop. that is where i saw them. but then when i exit they are gone xD and never return. so i have been really puzzled about it. SInce now i cant take a picture to show it :(

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I see.

Well, are you sure the file is still there in your project folder (is that screenshot taken from the correct folder for your project)?

Are you using any plugins? Please show a FULL screenshot of your plugin manager - what you've got there is so tiny to see, and I can see in the second one, that there's another plugin above it that's turned on.

When you go to Shop Processing, if you exit and then go right back in, are the buttons there the second time around?

When you go to Shop Processing can you hit F8 to open the Developer Tools, then find the Console tab, and see if there are any error messages? If there are, grab a screenshot and post them here.

Pandaperfect

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First time you go to the shop, no buttons, even when its loaded with lots of items. when you just go back once and go back the buttons show up.

1) I've tried to turn off and on all Plugins to see if that had any effect. andcurrently i found out IT MIGHT be the LNT window popiup. But Then I tried to remove that plugin, and RPG maker MV still did the same thing.
2) I tried validate files.

And I just tried to play the game again NOW thebuttons DO NOT show up at all. with the plugin ON, and everything.

Itseems ver yrandom when they are gonna show up and when they do not.

P's. Sofar i don't see any error when I pressed F8 (SS 5)

Attachments

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If they don't show up the first time, but they show up the second time, this can be an indication that they're not being loaded correctly.

None of those plugins stand out as being a possible culprit.

Can you try to create a brand new game, just with a Shop Processing command, and see if they show up?

Oh - and maybe give yourself some money - I don't know if it makes a difference whether you can actually afford the item or not, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure you've got enough to purchase several.

Pandaperfect

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If they don't show up the first time, but they show up the second time, this can be an indication that they're not being loaded correctly.

None of those plugins stand out as being a possible culprit.

Can you try to create a brand new game, just with a Shop Processing command, and see if they show up?

Oh - and maybe give yourself some money - I don't know if it makes a difference whether you can actually afford the item or not, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure you've got enough to purchase several.
How funny, I have tired to make several new games, before I turned to Forum for help. But I can try do it again and then see. BEcause it is really wierd.

As for now, the Buttons NEVER show up, if they do, its a ONCE in a life time. And then they are gone. Ill go create a new game now to see, but I'm afraid its the same thing with all gamesso far.

I even tried uninstall RPGMAKER MV.... and validate files to figure it out.

*EDIT*
I tested it out and this is what I got. (ss 1-10)

Attachments

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not with the engine - it's something about your project. So uninstalling, reinstalling, validating - won't make a difference. Unless you've deleted, changed or renamed the file in your newdata folder where the engine itself is installed.

What if you create a new map in your existing project and put the player's starting location there. Just add an event to do shop processing and no other events. Does it work then?

mmm ... are you doing any cache clearing? Can you show a screenshot of your parameters for the Community Basic plugin?

Pandaperfect

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thing is, ive had this issue WITH ALL my project I have opened up. all of them experience this problem.
I haven't touched that plugin other then turn it on and off. Im really not good with Plugin scripting and such so I do not dare to touch it.

SO I made a new map. and its working.. I really cant see or understand this.. (ss 1-7) I opened up the shop, went to buy, then tried to go back to the shop, then back in. then Exit the shop to re open it again, and the buttons are there.. BUT HOW !?
WHat is the culprit!? :kaoswt:

*Edit* I closed it down and opened it again, the game testing, and now the buttons are gone again :D(SS.8)

Attachments

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you'd like to zip up your whole project file and load it up online somewhere (dropbox?) and send me a link via PM, I can take a look at it for you. I'm about to call it a night though and have to work tomorrow before I can take a look at it though, so it might be a day or two before I can get back to you.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm playing your test map, and the icons show up every time for me.

What is the full path to your project? Everything from C:\ or D:\ or whatever drive it's saved on.

Pandaperfect

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My pc - docuemtns-rpgmaker-Gamename

My rpgmaker is located on D/ programfiles 86/ steam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SF_Actor3_6 added!

trying to make my first public game... stuck trying to make a tileset... oh man.....
Woo! Getting another xray today. Much fun, very irradiated.
If the universe is so big then why won't it fight me?
Does anyone know the name of the game where you play as someone called the batter? I can't remember the name of the game...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lulug23